Old 11-01-2006, 05:08 AM   #1

Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to BurlesqueCantata
Default Tigi Control Freak serum

I think I want it because it looks pretty hahaha!

How does it work? How do you use it? I"m pretty sure its not CG, but Im sure if I use it occassionally it'll be safe (I do use shampoo sometimes-but once or twice a week-devacurl low poo or nature's gate organics lavender and aloe). Does it have any hold? Does it dry you up? Do you find it moisturizing? Worth the buy? Tigi products could be expensive so im not sure if I want to splurge on this..

thanks!
BurlesqueCantata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:10 AM   #2

Kaia's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

It is CG, the only silicone is water-soluble. It has very little hold, but it has some. It's a smoothing serum that can be used on curly hair, but I need to layer it under a stronger hold gel. It helps control some of the frizzies. I didn't find it either moisturizing or drying. I don't believe it has any bad alcohols in it, and it rinses clean. I also use it when I blow my hair straight, and I really like it then. That said, it is expensive, and I'm not sure I would purchase more when I run out. I got what I have in a sample swap, and I've had it for a long time now, so it does last a long time if that would help you justify the purchase. Also, if you buy it at a salon or Trade Secret, you can alsways return it for a refund if you end up not liking it.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #3

Aries_jb's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2002

I used it before I went CG, and I remember it being a great product. It didn't have any hold on it's own, but I found that it did enhance the hold of the gel I used on top of it, so I didn't need so much. Also, it smoothed my hair out. Plus it's pretty and it smells good, and isn't that reason enough to try it?
www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
Aries_jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:54 PM   #4

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

I have it it in my arsenal and it is CG. I use it in place of a gel, or like CurlKeeper, over or under a styling cream
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #5

SmallFry's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

I use it wish a gel (LA Looks) or with a styling cream (curl junkie curl cream). I don't think its neither drying or moisturizing but I am comfortable saying that it helps tame the frizzies. I haven't been brave enough to use it alone. And it is CG.
Lotsa 3c curls

SmallFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:31 PM   #6

CelticCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2003

It controls frizz well, but I find it's drying after several days use in a row. And it does give a plasticky feel to my hair, especially when I re-wet. Smells great though.
3B, bra-strap length
laidback, very-modified CGer
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
CelticCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #7

Aries_jb's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2002

Okay, so I didn't know it was CG. Yesterday I went rummaging in my product graveyard and found my old bottle. I tried it after I worked out and showered. I used it over my leave-in and let it air-dry as I was studying in the library. After it dried I went into the restroom and looked it the mirror. I had REALLY beautiful curls and NO frizz! I loved it and wanted to keep running my hands over it. However, I did get the feeling that the hold wouldn't be enough to last me the whole day.
www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
Aries_jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:41 AM   #8

hockeymomof3's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2005

Since I am liking Tigi products lately, I may have to pick this up. This is my mom's HG for straightening and has been for years...I may have to grab some of hers and try it.
pw: curls
hockeymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:22 PM   #9

SmallFry's Avatar

Originally Posted by hockeymomof3
I seem to be on a Tigi rampage these days too! Especially since the Oatmeal/honey condish has been working so well. Makes me want to go explore the entire line. As far as this serum, I did like it- have already repurchased twice but I'm out at the moment. I thought it gave me good hair days. I think I even have a pic or two in my '06 album.
Lotsa 3c curls

SmallFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #10

hockeymomof3's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2005

OOH I'll have to check out your pics!!

I saw at Target (I know I probably should buy from there) they had the serum for 8.46!! That was their regular price. It normally sells for $16. I wonder if they will catch that?!
pw: curls
hockeymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #11

Koukla72's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007

Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys.

Last edited by Koukla72; 02-13-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Koukla72 is offline   Reply With Quote