Where do you buy coconut oil?

I've been looking and looking at local grocery stores and can't find it anywhere.

Where do you usually buy it? If you get it at a grocery, which aisle? I always check the aisle that has other oils (olive, vegetable, etc.) and I never see any.

Thanks!
i'm a 3a... i think! still new and getting this all figured out.
I buy mine online but you can also get it from health food stores too. Also I think walmart sells it but not sure which isle its on.
Lotsa 3c curls
Curly Journey Album
Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
If you have an asian food market near you, they will probably have it.
mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
Whole Foods or other health food stores, Vitamin Shoppe/World, GNC, etc. Don't be fooled by the products in the drugstores that say coconut oil and are 95% petrolatum.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Coconut oil is becoming one of my HG products -- I absolutely love the virgin coconut oil (virgin oil de coco creme) from natureswildchild.com -- it is hands down the best coconut oil I have found...smells just like fresh coconuts.
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
I get mine at Whole Foods. I saw some at Wal-Mart, but it just didn't look the same.

The stuff from Whole Foods is organic, and smells wonderful. Odd, I hate the smell of artificial coconut, but love the real thing.

My jar is solid at room temp, but liquefies easily in my hands, or kept in a small tupperware container and set into warm water.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I've actually seen coconut oil at the local grocery store. I saw it at Dominick's in the health food section. I actually bought mine online bought 2 16 oz bottles of it, that should literally last me a lifetime.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by mizsockmonkey
try the asian/ethnic section...... especially around the indian food
especially if you're on a budget

i've never used the organic stuff.... the regular cooking stuff is fantastic and within my limited budget

the brand i use is called SWAD.... it's a brand that caters to indian cooking
this is the company
4a/4b tiny penspring curls
Lifelong natural i.e. never relaxed

hair growth journey
I've been buying mine online, from Denhams Natural. Copy and paste this into your browser: http://www.denhamsnatural.com/Body-O...oconut-Oil.htm

It's pure Coconut Oil blended with a bit of Sweet Almond Oil. (Without the Almond oil, the Coconut oil would be too thick.) The Denhams staff recommends it as a bath, massage and skin moisturizing oil, but it can also be used for hair. I like it because it does not have much of a smell, so it can be used as an additive to lotions and hair products, without competing with the other scent.

Denhams Natural Sweet Almond Oil ( http://www.denhamsnatural.com/Body-O...-Unscented.htm ) can also be used as a hair oil (mixed with condish, as a hot oil treatment or a hair dressing/sheen oil.) You can get it unscented or in 50+ different fragrances. I have the Unscented, Vanilla, Coconut Creme, Egyptian Musk and Egyptian Sandalwood scented ones.

If you're into natural skin care products, check out their Cocoa Butter Lotion ( http://www.denhamsnatural.com/Lotion...ter-Lotion.htm ) and their Shea Butter Lotions ( http://www.denhamsnatural.com/Lotion...-Unscented.htm )
I love how they make my skin feel (and smell.) [/b]
3A/3B type chest-lenght color-treaded. Tends to be dry with some frizz, year-round. (Check out my fotki)
*****************************************
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe

Exactly. I was on my lunch break and saw Coconut Oil in one of my hair stores and it just didn't look quite CG....too many waxes and things.
3B~Botticelli/3C~ Corkicelli~Blonde
Faves: B&A Gel, BRHG, ReCoil, KC Knot Today, Curl Junkie CCCC

PW: dmbcurls
Yet another vote for Whole Foods.

Even the largest of the "regular" grocery stores around me doesn't have it. But I had no trouble finding some at Whole Foods. I've only bought it once because I only use a tiny bit at a time. The jar I have will last me a long time.
2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs