-   -   Aveda Be Curly Not CG (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/10305-aveda-curly-not-cg.html)

medusahair 11-09-2006 08:47 AM

Aveda Be Curly Not CG

Wow how nice is this stuff? I've used it a few times now but I just thought I was having an unusually good hair day in general until I used another curl creme. My hair loves this stuff!
I don't have to use a leave in with this, it enhances my curls and moisturizes them while adding just a little bit of weight and giving me spirals.

Now to stock up on it!

ETA: this is NOT CG, it has phenyl trimethicone in it.

The verdict is still out on whether I'll poo and use this or give it up. I'm giving it a week of experimentation before I decide. Man I hate when they have fabulous ingredients and they slip a cone in there

Cassidy 11-12-2006 05:06 AM

I love it too. It has great curl enhancement for my 2c hair. I just don't like the fact that I have to shampoo alot while using it because I get build up but I think it works great!

medusahair 11-12-2006 07:59 AM

Do you? I haven't used it long enough to see the buildup yet. I think shampooing might just be worth it for this product, time will tell :D

1curlydoc 11-12-2006 09:04 AM

Hmmm...I have some of this in my product graveyard. How are you guys using it? Do you combine it with a gel? I may just have to try it again.

medusahair 11-12-2006 12:12 PM

I put it under a gel. I had it sitting in my drawer after I got it off the swap board and I never used it. Then the other day I tried it. I really really like it. It's definitely working great for me.
I just now tried it so I have no clue about how it is in hot weather , but then I don't use cremes in the summer. For winter it's working great. It's the best curl creme I've used, at least for my hair.

Leilani42 11-12-2006 12:22 PM

uh oh... I've actually got 2 partial tubes of this in my Big Bin of Hair Goodies. I might have to give this another try. I think I stopped using this because it's got a cone, but I remember really liking it. I never used it under a gel, though, and I did get a bit flat by the end of the day. I'll try it with a bit of HEBE over it, and we'll see how it goes!

lushaholic 11-12-2006 03:23 PM

Weird. I was just considering getting some of this on MUA the other day, but was afraid about getting build-up. Could easily be tempted though. 8)

medusahair 11-12-2006 04:03 PM

What's the buildup product in this? I'm going to have to get my glasses so I can see the ingredients now. It works so well I'm willing to work with it but I like to be informed on what I'm putting in my hair.

I looked I didn't see any cones just a polyquat 11. But then I'm not the best at the ingredients. I'm in total love with this. I just smoothed some on my hair for a refresher. I have nice spirals starting at the roots in some spots. Very unusual for my length.

jennyfurrens 11-13-2006 05:07 AM

my friend has it (shes not on CG never goes on NC.com) and when i was at hers i read the ingredients and definately remember seeing a cone. dimethicone i think? i'd love to try it but i know dimethicone builds up on my hair really fast. she loves it though! (she does shampoo every wash though)

medusahair 11-13-2006 06:44 AM

Ah I found it finally phenyl trimethicone
Looks like I'll be shampooing when I use this one!

benthudd 11-21-2006 07:30 PM

I use BeCurly under my BRHG and love it. I shampoo once every ten days or so (with something really mild) and never have build up. My hair is normally bad about build up, too.