HE Set Me Up

Well, I'm dissapointed. Why can't this stuff work?! It's so cheap and I love the smell! I've used it twice following the same routine I do with my BRHG. I co-washed, blotted with a microfiber tower, added a little Milkshake + Set Me Up (in place of BRHG), twisted my hair into smooth ringlets, added a bit of honey to the ends and diffused. I ended up with the exact same hair that I got last time I tried the HE....the ends curl but the rest of my hair goes straight and fluffy. I thought it was just a fluke the first time. It's very strange looking and I can't figure out why it does that. There's just not enough hold to this stuff and the back of my hair (the 3b part) is just frizz. So I think this will become a "when I pull my hair back wet" gel. Looks like I'll be re-washing and drying my hair again tomorrow with the BRHG...
3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok
Maybe you have product buildup? Or not enough product..
3b-3c CG
No...I get amazing results from BRHG both before using the HE and after, and I used a good amount. This product just sucks for me.
3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok
Do you mix them together or layer?
mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
HESMU didn't work for me either. It didn't seem to have enough hold, and left my hair frizzy and feeling producty. I got much better results with HE Body Envy.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
I like this gel. I had second day hair without having to spray/apply any more product. I also found it to be very curl enhancing.
Maudie
Originally Posted by Maudie
Same here! Too funny - I didn't like the Body Envy at all! It felt like it didn't scrunch out and I had a layer of plastic coating my hair, and I wound up with less body and curl than I get otherwise! Set Me Up is fantastic on me. I can even do 2nd day hair with it!
Sulfate and Silicone-free since 2005

• Vo5 tea therapy conditioners
  • Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
  • Giovanni Direct leave-in
  • Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee
I am now completely out of the closet as the craziest of crazy cat ladies. I own it. I embrace it. I am one with the crazy.
I tried SMU a few times but it didn't work for me at all. It left my hair really fluffy and undefined. It wasn't a "not enough hold" kind of fluff, it was more like something in it just did not agree with my hair.
Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
HG products:
Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
I wonder if it doesn't work well over a leave-in?
I use it over a dab of regular CO as a leave in. Still liking this gel.
Maudie
Originally Posted by Gemini13
That's pretty much what it did for me. Which is very odd since my hair loves Body Envy, even though the ingredients are almost identical.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*