In love with Mandarin Magic Jelly!

Will you ladies please add your review here?
Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!
Love it!!! Use it everytime I do my hair.
PJ Rehab 9/2011
I might revisit this again...
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Add me to the list of AOMM lovers. I have been using this every day, for the past couple of weeks, with great results...frizz-free and shiny curls.

I start with Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave-in conditioner, followed by a pea-sized dollop of AOMM mixed into whatever gel I am styling with that day.

In total I use about 3-4 half-dollar sized blobs of gel with a pea-sized dollop of AOMM mixed into each blob. Except for when using KCCC, I use about 3-4 nickle-sized blobs of KCCC with a pea-sized dollop of AOMM.

I've used it mixed into Biotera, Ecostyler Krystal, KCCC and LA Looks Sports gel...all with good results. The smell bothered me at first but now I hardly notice it.

This was yesterday using AOMM mixed with Biotera. Excuse the look...I am horrible at self-portraits.

In love with Mandarin Magic Jelly!-angela-hair-shock.jpg
3b. Normal porosity. Medium texture. Low elasticity.

CONDITIONERS: GVP The Detangler, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta, Suave Pomegranate Splash, KC Knot Today

LEAVE-IN: Shea Moisture Shea Butter (LOVE!)

STYLERS: CJ Curl Queen (LOVE!), Biotera Gel, LA Looks Sports Gel, AOMM
I am continuing to love it! I still can't believe how reasonable it is on iherb.com (see my discount below). It was really hard for me to find it in stores here in my city so was pleased to find it online and with a low shipping cost. I actually put a few drops of satsuma essential oil in the bottle and shook it up and it added a fabulous scent. Today, I used my pumpkin potion leave in, then mixed AOMM with Biolage Gelée. Gorgeous clumps, nice springy curls and almost no frizz. Thank you, AOMM! I love mixing it with other gels/styling products to distribute better. What other products do people mix it with?
HG's
Poo/Condish:Desert Essences shampoo and conditioner, Biolage Deep Treatment, LiveClean moisturizing low 'poo/condish, Loréal NutriGloss Treatment
Stylers:
my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG; Aveda Phomollient + BeCurly curl enhancer; Biolage Gelée + AOMM, AG mousse gel

Originally Posted by curlsAbound
I mix it with all my firm holding gels....used it alone too, in colder temps.
PJ Rehab 9/2011
I just recently purchased some AOMM and can't wait to try it out again . I'm going to try it first over CJ CCCC and top with either CIAB or Gel-les'C first. I'm also going to try it mixed with BRHG. Any other favorite combos using AOMM?
Originally Posted by curlykey
I really like it with Biolage Gelée ... and just tried it with Aveda Be Curly style prep as the leave in.

For $5 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827

Last edited by curlsAbound; 01-11-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Originally Posted by curlykey
I really like it with Biolage Gelée ...
Originally Posted by curlsAbound
I have some Shique gelee (generic of Matrix Biolage gelee) and I will have to try this out. Do you mix equal amounts?
Originally Posted by curlykey
I really like it with Biolage Gelée ...
Originally Posted by curlykey
Yup, equal amounts mixed in my palms. It works great.

For $5 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827
This has been the only thing I have been able to use and get consistently good hair days. I need to find something similar to it just because I want to, haha.
3b | low-normal porosity (still confused, definitely not high porosity) | med to coarse texture

Co-Wash: most any silicone free V05 or Suave | RO: GVP Cond. Balm, GVP Joico K Pak, Tresemme Naturals Moisutrizing Cond., SheaMoisture Shea Butter Restorative Cond. | LI: one of my rinse outs | DT: one of my rinse outs with oil | Stylers: BRHG
Smells like pine sol to me, I have some to trade, don't like it....
Homemade FSG, CK, KCCC and BRHG. Co wash w/Suave, or soap bars (occasionally) or Come Clean (Kinky Curly).
Are both (AOMM and Biologe Gelee) silicone free?
Is anyone with fine hair using this under their gel and liking it?

I am LOVING AOMM mixed with BRHG!! This is definitely my favorite combo!! I hadn't used BRHG in a really long time and decided to use these two together and wow! It gives me second day hair too! I use CJCCCC (just a dab) and use about a nickel size blob of AOMM...then I mix about a dime size of AOMM with a quarter size of BRHG and scrunch that in my hair. I'm hoping this combo will work year round for me. If it does, then I will be one HAPPY curly!!
Curlsnswirls likes this.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
I found another great combo!!!
I use CCCC and then mixed AOMM with equal parts of Biotera gel....wow!! What an inexpensive combo and I love it!!!
Curlsnswirls likes this.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
I love AO's MMJ!!!. I rotate it with AO's B5 Gel, which happens to have more crunch factor than this gel unfortunately.
4a high density, low porosity, coarse hair.
♥: Humectants, Slip, PH Balance, Ayurveda
№: Protein, cones, parabens, sulfates, mineral oil.
Go Go Hair Gadgets: Magic Star Jumbo Rake & Satin Bonnet
The B5 gel did nothing for my hair -- was like putting thick water on it and that was all.

I am going to try the AOMMJ when I place my next vitacost order. I tried the Alba firm hold gel recently and was not loving it -- made my curls too stringy. Maybe if I mix the AOMMJ with the Alba there will be love.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
Is the Mandarin Jelly more like a gel or creme? Would it work better with Recoil (my HG leave in) or Upper Management (which is just a basic gel)? Also, I've been thinking about trying Curls in a Bottle, and do you think it would work with that? My hair works best with two products - three is always too much, and one is not enough! And to think that I used four products before I went CG! Actually, I used Recoil before I went CG, and I'm so glad I can still use it! Just need to find that magic combo!
Hair Type: I was thinking thick, fine 3A, but honestly I have no clue! I do know I have a super flat top, and frizz on the sides.
No - Poo Shampoo: Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo
Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture Condish
Products: Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, AG Recoil Curl Activator
I just tried it yesterday with my Biotera gel and I thought that looked great, lots of increased curl and body. Then today I tried it with my Condition 3-in-1 mousse and WOW! My hair has never looked this good! Big loopy soft shiny spirals! We'll see if it lasts all day and I'm also going to try it with my SS FHG since the SS CEJ doesn't help with my fly aways/frizz. The AOMM always gives me soft shiny loopy clumped spirals and increased curl without frizz but not much hold and the mousse gives me soft shiny loose spirals but not as much curl enhancement, so the two together was perfect! Plus they are both fairly cheap and I can get them locally.
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Cond.- Yes to Carrots, Tresemme Nat., Desert essence italian red grape
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.