Old 06-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #41

Auntie Bubbs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

I went to the health food store to get flax seeds so I can try to make FSG for the first time, and I end up getting this instead I got the flax seeds too though. LOL

I am not sure how to use this, but I keep reading how people love it. I am thinking I'll try mixing it with my MOP C-Curl Defining Cream. Or I could try it alone, but my hair does not do well without something to hold the pattern, otherwise it curls but without definition - I look like Rosanna Roseannadanna from Saturday Night Live. And it needs to have strong hold; CJ CCCC didn't have enough hold for me, for example. I'm excited to try this though!!

Has anyone used it with just FSG? Or would the FSG just be redundant?
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Auntie Bubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #42

Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs View Post

Has anyone used it with just FSG? Or would the FSG just be redundant?
I need something for hold with it because mycurl pattern isn't strong enough, so if you get enough hold with FSG then it should work
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #43

Auntie Bubbs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

I didn't like FSG by itself when I used a sample I got, so I probably wouldn't like it alone with the MM jelly. FSG has no hold. I haven't made it yet though, I've been too busy.

I did try the MM jelly with my MOP C-Curl Cream and it worked really well. I also noticed in general that my hair has felt really moisturized this week. A couple of days i didn't even use a leave in, I didn't feel I needed it.
Overall a great product so far!
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Auntie Bubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #44

Join Date: Jun 2010

I have been using it with all my gels and mousse as a curl enhancer and it works better than anything I have ever tried. it gives me tighter spirals without any frizz.
I'm glad you like it so far, I do use a pea size of my conditioner with it as a leave in.
Leave In- Conditioner pea size

Last edited by Beebop; 07-02-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #45

curlsAbound's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

Still using the AOMM and often FSG as well. It is so moisturizing!
2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
HG's
Poo/Condish:Desert Essences shampoo and conditioner, Biolage Deep Treatment, LiveClean moisturizing low 'poo/condish, Loréal NutriGloss Treatment
Leave in: BWC, HSH pumpkin potion, Aveda Be Curly style-prep
Stylers:
my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG; Aveda Phomollient + BeCurly curl enhancer; Biolage Gelée + AOMM, AG mousse gel

yup, I'm an unabashed PJ!
For $5 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827
curlsAbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #46

Spiralli's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004

I love this gel! My hair is dry and I find this to actually be moisturizing. My hair feels great when I use MMM, not producty at all. I get great curl formation when my hair dries, but not a lot of hold (soft, very natural-looking curls as opposed to the "wet look" I get from other gels sometimes), and sometimes frizz as the day progresses.

But sometimes I just want a total break from firm hold gels, and this is it! I will definitely repurchase this MMM.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length. Modified CG since 5/2004; growing gray since 5/2007.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, rotating others
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, coconut oil overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Terax Crema, Moroccan Oil Restorative Mask, Je Veux Revitalizing Mud Mask, Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Spiralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #47

Join Date: Jun 2010

I love this jelly too! I use it every day with Condition 3-in-1 mousse and so does my daughter, awesome curls every day.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #48

curlsAbound's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

It really is a great product! It seems to work well with many other products and definitely does not have a 'producty' feel at all! What are your favourite combos with it?

Oh, and by the way, feel free to use my code DEY827 for $5 off at iherb.com for some AOMM.
2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
HG's
Leave in: BWC, HSH pumpkin potion, Aveda Be Curly style-prep
Stylers:

yup, I'm an unabashed PJ!
For $5 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827
curlsAbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #49

Originally Posted by curlsAbound View Post

I use it as my curl enhancer with everything! Usually Mousse or Biotera gel and SS FHG
Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #50

asianrunner's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

How much does everyone use? I just put in an order for this since I liked the sample I have and it is protein and glycerin free!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

asianrunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #51

Spiralli's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004

I use about 2 blobs, each the size of quarters. If I lay it straight out in a line on my palm, it's about 2 lines a bit over 1" long. I use one blob for my length (hair that hangs below my ears all around my head) and the other for the top/sides/back above ear length).
Location: Texas
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, rotating others
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, coconut oil overnight
Spiralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #52

Join Date: Jun 2010

My daughter and I use about one big quarter size and one large baseball size of mousse with it or about two quarter size of Biotera get with it.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #53

asianrunner's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

TY ladies! I'm excited to experiment with it!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: CJ Repair Me, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Smoothing

leave-in: SCE Curl Cream
jellies/creams: UFD's CM, CJ CCCC, SCE FSG
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

asianrunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #54

Join Date: Apr 2012

Bumping for any current favorite combos!! What's your favorite way to use this?
I'm going to revisit this. I used to use this often and can't remember why I stopped. I'm going to let my daughter try it out too. I order from iherb or vitacost often and can get it locally, so I will continue to purchase it. If I remember correctly it was a great jelly to mix in with thicker gels to help with distributuion and helped with shine and frizz control.
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, TN, Giovanni SAS, Kenra, CJ CR/CJ RM
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, UFDCM, Gel-les'C, SM hair milk, JC Spiralicious

Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #55
BLB

BLB's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010

AOMM is an absolute staple for me on super humid days. It doesn't work as great for me in the winter unless it's very damp out. I like to use it as a leave in. I apply it to soaking wet hair as a base before my curl cream. I love it so much I even chose it as my styling product the day of my wedding (in steamy Key West, Fl)! AOMM, and Mop C mixed with some giovanni DLI as my main styler. I think I sealed with a tiny bit of coconut oil over all of that. Humidity proof hair and shiny perfectly formed curls! I know I used it as a main styler and didn't like it, although it's been a while since I've done that so I can't really remember why. For me it's an amazing leave in though. I would love to hear how other people use it as well! Now I feel like experimenting...
2's+3a/ med density/ normal-high porosity/ fine-med texture, normal elasticity (I think!):
Wash: CJ Daily Fix/Giovanni TTTT
Conditioner: Giovanni TTT
DT/PT: CJ Rehab, SSPDT
LI: Giovanni DLI, AO Mandarin Magic- Jane Carter Scalp Nourishing Serum for dry, sensitive scalp
Stylers: AG Re:coil, Mop C Curl Cream, CCClite, Spiral Solutions FHG...Sealing w/ Coconut oil
Finishing product: JC Nourish & Shine, MD Strawberry Smoothie
BLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #56

Join Date: Jun 2010

I haven't used this just recently since I started doing the super soaker method....I leave in a little Tresemme naturals conditioner, super soak my hair in the shower and then scrunch in just my mousse and I've been getting beautiful clumped bouncy curls without the AOMM. I always used the AOMM to achieve clumped bouncy curls and love how my hair looks with it alone in my hair but it doesn't hold all day and needs another product to hold the results. My daughter and I were going through a lot of it and it's not very cheap, but I may try it with the super soaker method too...I assume I put this in after my leave in, then super soak and then scrunch in my mousse?? Not sure if I would scrunch it in right before my mousse because my hair is dripping wet and I think it would just drip off my hair and get wasted? Not sure how to incorporate it with the super soaker method, any ideas would be great!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #57

Originally Posted by Beebop View Post
How about a little scrunched in after the mousse?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #58

Originally Posted by BLB View Post
That's interesting how you mentioned the Mop C (curl cream?). I just received my order for some Mop C curl cream today and was wondering how I should use it first. I also just ordered some GDLI (I used it ages ago) and some KCKT. I will experiment tomorrow .

Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #59

Join Date: Dec 2011

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls View Post
Originally Posted by BLB View Post
Looking forward to your assessment of the MOP-C! I've long been intrigued by the glowing reviews, so I was very excited to learn that it's finally back. I've been closely following the thread on it to see if it's still the same great product.

Never heard of the AOMM, but sounds great (CG, natural, and a great company). Has anyone tried Aubrey's Leave in Liquid Conditioner and Curl Activator Spray?

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #60
BLB

BLB's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls View Post
Originally Posted by BLB View Post

Yes the Mop curl cream! Ooh you have to try mixing the GDLI and the Mop C. The Mop C on its own was too "gluey" and made my hair stringy, but the leave in really balances it out and the results are HG for me. In fact, it's the ONLY combo that results in consistently good results for me this winter. I use about a pea to a dime size of each (my hair is "less is more"). I haven't tried mixing it with KCKT because it doesn't work for me on its own (or layered), but if it does for you I'm sure it would work well with the Mop C! Let me know how it turns out for you!

As it turns out, it was very damp this morning with warmer temps than usual, so I tried my AOMM combo as described above and air dried. My hair took forever to dry (it's been 4 and a half hours and it still doesn't feel completely dry) but i have nicely defined, frizz free waves/curls. I have a feeling it will look even better as the day wears on.
Wash: CJ Daily Fix/Giovanni TTTT