In love with Mandarin Magic Jelly!

AOMM is an absolute staple for me on super humid days. It doesn't work as great for me in the winter unless it's very damp out. I like to use it as a leave in. I apply it to soaking wet hair as a base before my curl cream. I love it so much I even chose it as my styling product the day of my wedding (in steamy Key West, Fl)! AOMM, and Mop C mixed with some giovanni DLI as my main styler. I think I sealed with a tiny bit of coconut oil over all of that. Humidity proof hair and shiny perfectly formed curls! I know I used it as a main styler and didn't like it, although it's been a while since I've done that so I can't really remember why. For me it's an amazing leave in though. I would love to hear how other people use it as well! Now I feel like experimenting...
Originally Posted by BLB
I've been experimenting with the GDLI and my hair is loving it!!! I will try your combo mentioned above...AOMM+GDLI/Mop C CDC and see how that goes for me. I tried a different leave in mixed with the mop C the other day and I know I used to much so hair turned out....so-so. One thing about the Mop C curl cream, a little goes a long way.....I will try this combo sometime next week and report back.
Cleanse: EMB shampoo, poo bars, SM superfruit, Deva Decadence NP
LI/RO:MD RCLI, KCKT, AIA LI, Andalou LI, Briogeo LI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, SM superfruit, EMBC, Deva Decadence One C
Stylers: CHS CK, CJPP, CR CM, KCCC, UFDCM, LALSG, OM Hold Up serum, B'Leave-in, Deva styling/super cream

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Just wanted to share...iherb is having free shipping for over $20 through the end of march.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
This jelly is amazing!! I am now combining it with Biolage Gelée and it leaves my hair shiny and well defined. I couldn't seem to find it in the city so I got it off iherb.com and used someone's code for $5 off. Great price and cheap shipping!! Feel free to use my code if you like: DEY827

Anyone else using this? How do you combine it?
Originally Posted by curlsAbound
Oh my god, curlsAbound, THANK YOU for bringing this product to my attention!! I had a suspicion that my hair loves aloe - I haven't experimented with straight aloe in a while (laziness!) but my go-to CO has always been Suave Naturals Aloe and Water Lily, and no matter what other scent I try, none of the other Suave line have ever done as much for me as this one.

So when I saw that the primary ingredient in the AOMM was aloe in your post, I used the iHerb coupon code (thanks!) and ordered a bottle.

I don't want to jump to conclusions as I only used it today but... WOW!

I didn't do a full routine in my hair (I went out last night and just wanted to rinse the bar smell from my hair lol) so I just co-washed with the Suave Aloe and Waterlily, and then used a little bit of that as leave in and put the AOMM on top, then plopped and air dried.

And the result is phenomenal! My curl pattern is strong and the curls are well-defined - I've been having a hard time with separated curls and very thin ringlets lately, and this gave my hair a real boost, especially considering I didn't use a styler or my other go-to, BRHG.

I have to sleep on it to see how it holds up for second day by itself (I usually get decent second day 90% of the time with the BRHG and my satin pillowcases) but so far it's absolutely amazing! I'm excited to experiment with combinations, as it's already doing a lot for my hair on its own.

So THANK YOU!!! I was in desperate need of a new product after four years of using the same two things over and over and this might just be an HG product for me!

Hair type: Fine, fairly porous, shoulder length when curly. Probably a 3a or 3b with tight ringlets now that it's getting longer. Hair loves aloe, hates glycerin.

Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily (my HG conditioner!)
Rinse Out: Garnier Sleek and Shine, Trevor Sorbie curl conditioner (UK only, unfortunately)
Stylers: KCCC, AG Re:coil, TIGI mousse, but open to suggestions!
Gels: BRHG (my one and only)

CG since 03/28/09
I wanted to share my successful combos with the AOMM and would like to know what works for others as well. I will add more as I find what else works for me.

GDLI+AOMM/Biotera gel
GDLI+KCCC/AOMM
LI+AOMM/BRHG

I'm going to experiment some more with other products. I want to try the AOMM with UFDCM, mop C curl cream, MD curl cream, variety of mousses..and other products.

Bump!!

GDLI+AOMM/Biotera gel
GDLI+KCCC/AOMM
LI+AOMM/BRHG

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls
Condition 3-in-1 mousse + AOMM love it!!
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Bioterra gel, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
Bump!!!
I'm going to experiment some more with this and would like to know what it "plays" well with.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I want to like this, but I simply cannot get past the horrid scent. I've decided no matter what anyone says about how wonderful an Aubrey organics product is, I will not be tempted. Their scents are beyond the acceptable limit of "herbal" and make me gag.
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
I have had good hair with GDLI+AOMM+KMFUM. Somehow I always come back to this combo
"I'm not high maintenance, my hair is."
3c mostly fine, high to normal porosity, medium density, normal elasticity

Stylers- KMFUM, Eco Styler Krystal, AOMMM, UFDCM,
Oils- Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Coconut
PT- IAGirl's Gelatin PT
DC- AS I Am Hydrating Mask
Any new successful combos using AOMM?

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I still love using AOMM combined with Biolage Gelée. And I added some Body Shop satsuma oil to the product bottle for a better smell.
2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée

yup, I'm an unabashed PJ!
For up to $10 off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827
Thank you. The scent doesn't seem to bother me much since it fades eventually. Of course when I mix it with other gels that helps cover the scent too. I realized I have a full bottle and one that's about 3/4 full. I wondered if anyone had tried any new combinations with success. I posted about successful combos (above) and will probably try new ones. I will have to reread this thread to see which ones. I'm thinking that it will work well with volumax. I have liked it with KCCC and also mixed with BRHG.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I used it in the past with Bioterra gel or condition 3 in 1 mousse but recently used it alone because my curl pattern has gotten stronger since I rarely ever straighten my hair anymore. The first time alone it looked awesome without frizz and really soft and natural feeling but the second time it got a little frizzy, guess I still need a little something over the top to hold it better.
Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
I've been wanting to try this product for some time. But it looks like they changed the formula lately, and when I looked at the ingredients, it seemed like the old formula was what my hair would have preferred. Are you guys using the new formula, or do you have a stash the of the old formula left?

Leave in: SS PT
Stylers: AO Mandarin magic, SS CEJ, SS protein, homemade gelatin hair gel, SCE crazy curly FSG (sans PVP), AO Natural Missst super hold hairspray (used as gel)
Treatments: amla, fenugreek, irish moss, aloe vera powder, rosemary and chamomile tea rinse (with marshmallow root and irish moss water), henna, hydrogen peroxide, catnip tea
IA Girl's PT
When it looked like they changed the formula a while back I actually called the company and was told they didn't change the formula at all, the rules according to someone changed on how they had to list the ingredients and some of their ingredients were listed as one ingredient when it was made up of more than one, so it's still the same old formula unless they recently changed it again and I don't have a new bottle....
rbb and naturecat like this.
Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
I have a bottle and I'm going to try it tomorrow! Yay! Thanks for the info!

IA Girl's PT
Since my curl pattern is stronger now it actually makes my hair TOO thick & curly so I'm using it as a finishing serum to just smooth over the canopy for frizz and it seems to help a lot! I just ordered a new bottle from Whole Foods and the ingredients are still the same by the way....
naturecat likes this.
Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
Whole Foods sells it?! I haven't seen any in mine but maybe in the future, I'll ask them…

I only wish my hair had that problem ("too thick and curly"). Now I'm really excited to use it. Btw I love your hair beebop. It looks like it was woven by angels.

Originally Posted by Beebop
I found this about the new ingredients:
Old formula: Water, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Aloe Vera Gel, Tragacanth and Gum Arabic Blend, Ginkgo Leaf, Ginseng Root, Chinese Magnolia Blossoms, Chinese Angelica, Chrysanthemum, Earth Smoke, Morus Root, Mandarin Orange Peel, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

New formula: Aqua, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, hydrolyzed guar, astragalus gummifer gum, glycerin, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil*, Rosa Mosqueta® (rose hip) seed oil*, panthenol, pelargonium graveolens flower oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, ascorbic acid, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, panax ginseng root extract, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, magnolia biondii bud/flower extract, angelica archangelica root extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, betacarotene, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, tocopherol.

The new formula lists alcohol denat., which the old formula didn't seem to have (which can dry out hair). Also the older formula had Panthenol as the 2nd ingredient, but in the new one that's not the case, unless the panthenol is in the alcohol denat. My hair is so thin panthenol can make a huge difference. Not sure how they are listing ingredients if they did indeed keep it the same.

Originally Posted by naturecat
Awe you are too sweet thank you!! 😄 if you only knew how much I fight with it!!
I vaguely remember them telling me and someone post that some of those old weirdly named ingredients contained more than one actual ingredient, but yes it looks like they are in a different order now too, crazy, I just don't get it!😬 but it still works the same for me as it always has and I had to have whole foods place a special order for me since they only carry the B5 gel.
naturecat likes this.