In love with Mandarin Magic Jelly!

AOMM is an absolute staple for me on super humid days. It doesn't work as great for me in the winter unless it's very damp out. I like to use it as a leave in. I apply it to soaking wet hair as a base before my curl cream. I love it so much I even chose it as my styling product the day of my wedding (in steamy Key West, Fl)! AOMM, and Mop C mixed with some giovanni DLI as my main styler. I think I sealed with a tiny bit of coconut oil over all of that. Humidity proof hair and shiny perfectly formed curls! I know I used it as a main styler and didn't like it, although it's been a while since I've done that so I can't really remember why. For me it's an amazing leave in though. I would love to hear how other people use it as well! Now I feel like experimenting...
Originally Posted by BLB
I've been experimenting with the GDLI and my hair is loving it!!! I will try your combo mentioned above...AOMM+GDLI/Mop C CDC and see how that goes for me. I tried a different leave in mixed with the mop C the other day and I know I used to much so hair turned out....so-so. One thing about the Mop C curl cream, a little goes a long way.....I will try this combo sometime next week and report back.
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Just wanted to share...iherb is having free shipping for over $20 through the end of march.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
This jelly is amazing!! I am now combining it with Biolage Gelée and it leaves my hair shiny and well defined. I couldn't seem to find it in the city so I got it off iherb.com and used someone's code for $5 off. Great price and cheap shipping!! Feel free to use my code if you like: DEY827

Anyone else using this? How do you combine it?
Originally Posted by curlsAbound
Oh my god, curlsAbound, THANK YOU for bringing this product to my attention!! I had a suspicion that my hair loves aloe - I haven't experimented with straight aloe in a while (laziness!) but my go-to CO has always been Suave Naturals Aloe and Water Lily, and no matter what other scent I try, none of the other Suave line have ever done as much for me as this one.

So when I saw that the primary ingredient in the AOMM was aloe in your post, I used the iHerb coupon code (thanks!) and ordered a bottle.

I don't want to jump to conclusions as I only used it today but... WOW!

I didn't do a full routine in my hair (I went out last night and just wanted to rinse the bar smell from my hair lol) so I just co-washed with the Suave Aloe and Waterlily, and then used a little bit of that as leave in and put the AOMM on top, then plopped and air dried.

And the result is phenomenal! My curl pattern is strong and the curls are well-defined - I've been having a hard time with separated curls and very thin ringlets lately, and this gave my hair a real boost, especially considering I didn't use a styler or my other go-to, BRHG.

I have to sleep on it to see how it holds up for second day by itself (I usually get decent second day 90% of the time with the BRHG and my satin pillowcases) but so far it's absolutely amazing! I'm excited to experiment with combinations, as it's already doing a lot for my hair on its own.

So THANK YOU!!! I was in desperate need of a new product after four years of using the same two things over and over and this might just be an HG product for me!

Hair type: Fine, fairly porous, shoulder length when curly. Probably a 3a or 3b with tight ringlets now that it's getting longer. Hair loves aloe, hates glycerin.

Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily (my HG conditioner!)
Rinse Out: Garnier Sleek and Shine, Trevor Sorbie curl conditioner (UK only, unfortunately)
Stylers: KCCC, AG Re:coil, TIGI mousse, but open to suggestions!
Gels: BRHG (my one and only)

CG since 03/28/09
I wanted to share my successful combos with the AOMM and would like to know what works for others as well. I will add more as I find what else works for me.

GDLI+AOMM/Biotera gel
GDLI+KCCC/AOMM
LI+AOMM/BRHG

I'm going to experiment some more with other products. I want to try the AOMM with UFDCM, mop C curl cream, MD curl cream, variety of mousses..and other products.

Bump!!

GDLI+AOMM/Biotera gel
GDLI+KCCC/AOMM
LI+AOMM/BRHG

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls
Condition 3-in-1 mousse + AOMM love it!!
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Cond.- Yes to Carrots, Tresemme Nat., Desert essence italian red grape
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
Bump!!!
I'm going to experiment some more with this and would like to know what it "plays" well with.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I want to like this, but I simply cannot get past the horrid scent. I've decided no matter what anyone says about how wonderful an Aubrey organics product is, I will not be tempted. Their scents are beyond the acceptable limit of "herbal" and make me gag.
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
I have had good hair with GDLI+AOMM+KMFUM. Somehow I always come back to this combo
"I'm not high maintenance, my hair is."
3c mostly fine, high to normal porosity, medium density, normal elasticity