-   -   In love with Mandarin Magic Jelly! (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/104070-love-mandarin-magic-jelly.html)

curlsAbound 05-09-2010 09:53 AM

In love with Mandarin Magic Jelly!

This jelly is amazing!! I am now combining it with Biolage Gelée and it leaves my hair shiny and well defined. I couldn't seem to find it in the city so I got it off iherb.com and used someone's code for $5 off. Great price and cheap shipping!! Feel free to use my code if you like: DEY827

Anyone else using this? How do you combine it?

... 05-09-2010 10:07 AM

Naturalista 05-09-2010 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by *A*Curly (Post 1344844)
I love anything from Aubrey Organics and used this in my rotation but when I ran out I never replaced it again since I like to try out newer products.

Thanks so much for reminding me about it :headbang:(Vitamin Shoppe usually has them buy one get one free) because I love the ingredient list:

INGREDIENTS: Water, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Aloe Vera Gel, Tragacanth and Gum Arabic Blend, Ginkgo Leaf, Ginseng Root, Chinese Magnolia Blossoms, Chinese Angelica, Chrysanthemum, Earth Smoke, Morus Root, Mandarin Orange Peel, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this stuff!!! Helps distribute all my stylers & its a great curl enhancer! Helps with frizz as well!!:headbang:

Nakivaa 05-10-2010 01:59 AM

What the heck is "earth smoke"?

Nakivaa 05-10-2010 02:06 AM

I've been wanting to try this but haven't yet as my hair has a love/hate relationship with aloe vera gel. Aloe is OK in some things but my hair gets all crazy dry and frizzy with other products including pure aloe. But I may just take the plunge and try it as lately I've been in love Aubrey's Swimmer's Conditioner and Calaguala Fern shampoo!

ninadef 05-10-2010 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Naturalista (Post 1344941)

Originally Posted by *A*Curly (Post 1344844)

LOVE the stuff!!!

Earthsmoke:
Other Name: Fumitory
Active Compounds:
Isoquinoline alkaloids, including bulbocapnine, canadine, coptisine, corydaline, dicentrine, cryptopine, fumaricine, fumariline, fumaritine, N-methylhydrastine, protopine, sanguinarine, sinactine.
Remedies For:
Diuretic, laxative, alterative, hepatic.

Fumitory has long been used in the treatment of skin problems such as eczema and acne. Its action is probably due to a general cleansing mediated via the kidneys and liver. Fumitory may also be used as an eyewash to ease conjunctivitis.

Ninjarette 05-10-2010 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nakivaa (Post 1345310)
What the heck is "earth smoke"?

It's a plant.

FairlyCurly 05-11-2010 08:44 AM

Can you tell me more about AO Mandarin Magic Jelly? What is the consistency? Does it work as a gel? Does it have good hold on its own? What other product is it similar to?

I'm interested in giving it a try, but I want to know more about it before I purchase.

Thanks!

tonsofcurlz 05-11-2010 08:56 AM

AOMM is a clear jelly. I don't really know how else to describe its consistency. It's not as thick as a gel. It doesn't have much hold, although it has enough hold for my hair. I primarily need frizz control rather than hold for my curl pattern.

I don't know of another product like it. When I first bought AOMM, I had no idea what to do with it and it sat it my closet for awhile. I began to use it by mixing it with thicker stylers to make them easier to distribute and to soften the hold a bit - BRHG, CJ Aloe Fix, KCCC. I love using it that way, but I've also had great success with it as a light hold styling product on its own. It seems to add moisture to my hair so that my curls form better.

curlsAbound 05-11-2010 08:15 PM

It does have a bit of hold but is great to mix with other stylers. I even use it when straightening my hair and combine it with a smoothing product. Yes, gasp, straigthening my hair! :compress:

mamacita1603 05-11-2010 09:43 PM

Hmmm

Okay ladies that use AOMM, how in the world do you get past the smell? I don't mind herbal scents but there is a line........

curlsAbound 05-11-2010 09:47 PM

I actually don't mind the smell but I did add some satsuma essential oil to make it better. (Body Shop, I believe)

ninadef 05-12-2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by curlsAbound (Post 1347302)

Me too!
I mix it with a litte coconut oil and my hair is flowing and shiney when straigtened!

EllyEllyOxenFree 05-13-2010 05:07 PM

I love this stuff, I reviewed it on my blog - http://questfortheperfectcurl.wordpr...e-of-my-loves/

However...I'm not sure if I'm going to rebuy it now that I have found my love, pure aloe gel, and I can't stand the herbal smell of the AO products!

Reeky 05-13-2010 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by ellepixie (Post 1349356)

Pure Aloe gel you say? where do you get that?.. how do you use it? tell me more, i want to me in love too :D

EllyEllyOxenFree 05-13-2010 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Reeky (Post 1349574)

Originally Posted by ellepixie (Post 1349356)

;) You can get Fruit of the Earth, which is 100% Aloe Gel with a few preservatives...or 99% Aloe Gel (the best one I have tried is Trader Joe's - it has parabens but I like it better than Lily of the Desert, which smells kind of strong, like a pool). I got my FOTE from Rite Aid with the sunscreen and stuff. I loooove it over a moisturizer. Gives me soft curls and takes down the frizz.

Reeky 05-13-2010 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by ellepixie (Post 1349580)

Originally Posted by Reeky (Post 1349574)

Originally Posted by ellepixie (Post 1349356)

thankies! im gonna try the fruit of the earth.. i know exactly what it looks like,i think i used to use it on my scars & cuts or something when i was a kid? Never thought to use it on my hair though.. yitadeee !

poemaXX 06-28-2010 09:10 AM

My Summer HG

Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly -- Where have you been all my life?!

This is the perfect summer gel. It provides phenomenal frizz control and definition with a light hold and lots of shine! It dries relatively quickly too (1 hr vs 3 hours with my previous routine.) Not sure how many good hair days in a row I can get from it yet, since summer equals me cowashing my hair at least once every 2 days with all the humidity.

Can't wait to test it throughout the year. :)

curlsAbound 06-28-2010 10:31 AM

It is amazing, isn't it? I love to combine it with my Biolage Gelée for the perfect curls. I will soon have to buy some more from iherb.com (feel free to use my $5 off coupon code below). It is so nice and shiny with this gelly!:angel8:

Lucky Charm 06-28-2010 07:26 PM

Love this too - I can use it alone or I combine it with a dollop of SS FHG when the humidity kicks in. I always top it with BRHG.