In love with Mandarin Magic Jelly!

This jelly is amazing!! I am now combining it with Biolage Gelée and it leaves my hair shiny and well defined. I couldn't seem to find it in the city so I got it off iherb.com and used someone's code for $5 off. Great price and cheap shipping!! Feel free to use my code if you like: DEY827

Anyone else using this? How do you combine it?

...
Guest
Posts: n/a

Last edited by ...; 07-17-2010 at 09:17 AM.
I love anything from Aubrey Organics and used this in my rotation but when I ran out I never replaced it again since I like to try out newer products.

Thanks so much for reminding me about it (Vitamin Shoppe usually has them buy one get one free) because I love the ingredient list:

INGREDIENTS: Water, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Aloe Vera Gel, Tragacanth and Gum Arabic Blend, Ginkgo Leaf, Ginseng Root, Chinese Magnolia Blossoms, Chinese Angelica, Chrysanthemum, Earth Smoke, Morus Root, Mandarin Orange Peel, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).
Originally Posted by *A*Curly
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this stuff!!! Helps distribute all my stylers & its a great curl enhancer! Helps with frizz as well!!
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
What the heck is "earth smoke"?
lucyprimrose likes this.
I've been wanting to try this but haven't yet as my hair has a love/hate relationship with aloe vera gel. Aloe is OK in some things but my hair gets all crazy dry and frizzy with other products including pure aloe. But I may just take the plunge and try it as lately I've been in love Aubrey's Swimmer's Conditioner and Calaguala Fern shampoo!

Originally Posted by *A*Curly
Originally Posted by Naturalista

LOVE the stuff!!!

Earthsmoke:
Other Name: Fumitory
Active Compounds:
Isoquinoline alkaloids, including bulbocapnine, canadine, coptisine, corydaline, dicentrine, cryptopine, fumaricine, fumariline, fumaritine, N-methylhydrastine, protopine, sanguinarine, sinactine.
Remedies For:
Diuretic, laxative, alterative, hepatic.

Fumitory has long been used in the treatment of skin problems such as eczema and acne. Its action is probably due to a general cleansing mediated via the kidneys and liver. Fumitory may also be used as an eyewash to ease conjunctivitis.

Last edited by ninadef; 05-10-2010 at 02:11 AM.
What the heck is "earth smoke"?
Originally Posted by Nakivaa
It's a plant.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
Can you tell me more about AO Mandarin Magic Jelly? What is the consistency? Does it work as a gel? Does it have good hold on its own? What other product is it similar to?

I'm interested in giving it a try, but I want to know more about it before I purchase.

Thanks!
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
AOMM is a clear jelly. I don't really know how else to describe its consistency. It's not as thick as a gel. It doesn't have much hold, although it has enough hold for my hair. I primarily need frizz control rather than hold for my curl pattern.

I don't know of another product like it. When I first bought AOMM, I had no idea what to do with it and it sat it my closet for awhile. I began to use it by mixing it with thicker stylers to make them easier to distribute and to soften the hold a bit - BRHG, CJ Aloe Fix, KCCC. I love using it that way, but I've also had great success with it as a light hold styling product on its own. It seems to add moisture to my hair so that my curls form better.
3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
Low Poos:
MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
It does have a bit of hold but is great to mix with other stylers. I even use it when straightening my hair and combine it with a smoothing product. Yes, gasp, straigthening my hair!

For up to $10 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827
Okay ladies that use AOMM, how in the world do you get past the smell? I don't mind herbal scents but there is a line........
Type: 3b-healthy hair*medium texture* normal porosity?
Shampoo: SC Optimum, Luster's Pink,Curliscious Cleansing Cream
Conditioner: Coconut Sublime, Giovanni 50:50, CJ CASD
Leave-In: CJ Beauticurls
DT: Silicon Mix
Styling: Eco Styler, KCCC/KCKT, BRHG, AOMM

Holy Grail: Flour Sacking*modified method* AOMM, ECO Styler-Krystal
Expiermenting with: Whatever i can get my hands on
Hair Hates: Vegetable glycerin/waxes
*Always going to be a Pj until i find all my HG's
I actually don't mind the smell but I did add some satsuma essential oil to make it better. (Body Shop, I believe)

Originally Posted by curlsAbound
Me too!
I mix it with a litte coconut oil and my hair is flowing and shiney when straigtened!
I love this stuff, I reviewed it on my blog - http://questfortheperfectcurl.wordpr...e-of-my-loves/

However...I'm not sure if I'm going to rebuy it now that I have found my love, pure aloe gel, and I can't stand the herbal smell of the AO products!
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Originally Posted by ellepixie
Pure Aloe gel you say? where do you get that?.. how do you use it? tell me more, i want to me in love too
dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)

Originally Posted by Reeky
You can get Fruit of the Earth, which is 100% Aloe Gel with a few preservatives...or 99% Aloe Gel (the best one I have tried is Trader Joe's - it has parabens but I like it better than Lily of the Desert, which smells kind of strong, like a pool). I got my FOTE from Rite Aid with the sunscreen and stuff. I loooove it over a moisturizer. Gives me soft curls and takes down the frizz.
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Originally Posted by Reeky
Originally Posted by ellepixie

thankies! im gonna try the fruit of the earth.. i know exactly what it looks like,i think i used to use it on my scars & cuts or something when i was a kid? Never thought to use it on my hair though.. yitadeee !
dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC

Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Jelly -- Where have you been all my life?!

This is the perfect summer gel. It provides phenomenal frizz control and definition with a light hold and lots of shine! It dries relatively quickly too (1 hr vs 3 hours with my previous routine.) Not sure how many good hair days in a row I can get from it yet, since summer equals me cowashing my hair at least once every 2 days with all the humidity.

Can't wait to test it throughout the year.
|| 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD prone & Propylene Glycol Sensitive

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.
Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment Neutrogena T-Sal; H&S Clinical Strength

It is amazing, isn't it? I love to combine it with my Biolage Gelée for the perfect curls. I will soon have to buy some more from iherb.com (feel free to use my $5 off coupon code below). It is so nice and shiny with this gelly!

For up to $10 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827
Love this too - I can use it alone or I combine it with a dollop of SS FHG when the humidity kicks in. I always top it with BRHG.
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots