Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #1

Default Anyone tried Eufora hair products? Gel Review & Curl Defining Solution

It was a new brand at my stylist's salon. She used one of the products but I also had her blow my hair out. They have some gels, shampoos, conditioners, and other styling stuff. The ingredients looked good (but not positive) but they are aloe based...apparently no water. Kinda pricey too. But maybe that is because they are not watering it down.

I am curious about the hard hold gel and the curl defining solution. I have not been able to find their complete ingredient listing on line yet.

Last edited by xcptnl; 05-20-2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: update
Old 05-14-2010, 05:12 PM   #2

smasters467's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009

I tried the brand for an article I wrote, and it's really good. A lot of the products actually smell like candy. The reconstructor, which I can't remember the name of is CG I believe. The curl solution isn't, I ended up giving it away. The ingredients they use are great, aloe basing everything. They also have the only aerosol hairspray in the world as far as I know to get a 0.0% environmental impact EPA rating, and they have a shampoo that is completely biodegradeable.
How's My Hair?
Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
smasters467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #3

Join Date: Oct 2005

Sounds great. I am going to try the gel and the curl product. Since I am not full on CG I am ok with 'most' ingredients.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #4

Join Date: Nov 2004

I really like the leave-in and styling glaze. My stylist mixes them together in her hand before application. I use them separately in very wet hair. I've had good curl days using the Moisturizing Cond., Leave-In and Styling Glaze during hot, humid days but the cond. is not CG.
Lately, I've been having great hair days using Spiral Solutions Caitlins Cond., SS Protein Spray, Eufora Leave-In and Paul Brown Goo. Three different companies but they play well together.
Ingredients for several products are listed in the Product Review section.
3a Colored, Layered
Currently loving:
Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products

Last edited by icequeen; 05-16-2010 at 07:29 PM.
icequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #5

Join Date: Oct 2005

I tried the gel today. I think BRHG may have a competitor. I used Karen's Body Beautiful Super Silky as a leave in. Then I scrunched/raked in some Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly-about a quarter sized amount. The leave in and CEJ was put on in the shower so very wet hair. I then combed through and did some scrunching upside down. I then scrunched out some water with curlease. I then scrunched in a nickel sized amount of the Eufora Solidifi Firm Hold Gel. I then scrunched a bit more with the curlease and my hands. Then I diffused for about 10-15 minutes. Boy was my hair stiff and I was a bit concerned. I let it air dry the rest of the way. Once dry I scrunched out the amazing crunch. But it all scrunched out. Nice. There is a odor-floral sweet smell but did not linger. Also, I found it bit less 'thick' than BRHG so easier to distribute.

Pros-Left my hair fuller looking then when I use the above combo with BRHG. Held up very well with sunroof open. Minimal frizz. Better root lift but that could be due to the hold and starting to diffuse upside down but better than BRHG for me.

Cons-harder to find than BRHG for me-salon product. More expensive $20 vs $14 for same size.

Ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf juice slurry, vp/va copolymer, vp/dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate copolymer, acrylotes/beheneth-25 methacrylote copolymer, pvp, hydrolyzed soy protein, clycerin, lawsonia inermis (henna) extract, equisetum hiemale (horsetail) extract, chamomilla rectita(matricario) flower extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, panthenol(provitamin b5), peg-45 palm kernel glycerides, c11-15 parteh-12, peg 40 hydrogenated castor oil, fragrance/parfum, aminomethyl propanol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben.

All typos are my fault.

Last edited by xcptnl; 05-17-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #6

rach3975's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009

rach3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:19 AM   #7

Old 05-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #8

Join Date: Oct 2005

I used the Curl Defining Solution today. It is a mousse product. But the real airy kind with a pump. I did not use a leave as I used a pretty moisturizing shampoo/conditioner today. I used this on towel blotted hair. I probably used 3 golf ball sized amounts upside down and then 1 more golf ball sized amount upright. I then did a bit of scrunching with my hands and towel. I then added a pea sized amount of the gel talked about below. I emulsified in my hands and scrunched into my root area and then kinda all over. I diffused upside down to begin than a bit more upright. Probably 50% dry. Then I air dryed. I just scrunched out the crunch I had-minimal and it scrunched out easily. I have really nice root curl/volume and nice volume all over. So not a product for anyone that is not looking for big hair. I like this look better than just the gel alone. I will update if it does not hold up as the day goes on.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #9

goobernut's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Default an aside...

I know what a "slurry" is, but I wonder how that applies to aloe barbadensis leaf juice.

I might have to try the gel, sounds like everything I hate about BHRG is fixed by this product... hrm..
Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hot and Humid SpaceCoast area of Florida * Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : Curlisto Bio-Gel Mousse, CJ DFCC, KMFUM, BHRG, Spiral Solutions -- Everything!!! Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.

goobernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #10

Originally Posted by goobernut View Post

I think if I used the gel on it's own again in the amount I used above I would do the combing through prior to scrunching to make sure it got distributed all over. I often have that issue with thicker/sticker products-getting it everywhere. Just thought I would share-you may not have that issue.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #11

FrizzBgone's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

I checked their site ... I really hate when they don't list their ingredients for the items.

If any of you who have the items are willing to let us know what the ingredients are (thanks xcptnl for posting the one product), it would be appreciated !!
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #12

Originally Posted by FrizzBgone View Post

I will get out my magnifying glass and post the curl defining solution ingredients tomorrow but not sure why they call it that-it is a mousse but the pump bottle kind.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:41 AM   #13

FrizzBgone's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by FrizzBgone View Post

Thank you - hopefully nc.com will add the products to the Product Review Section. I often refer there for ingredient listings. I love aloe based products. Loma is another line that does that. While it isn't cheap, you can tell the difference in the product.
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:43 AM   #14

Join Date: Oct 2005

I have been out straight so sorry about the delay in the ingredients. Here they are for the Curl'n Defining Solution:

pvp/dimethylaminoethylmethacryate copolymer, pvp/va copolymer, aloe barbedensis leaf juice, lawsonia inermis (henna) extrac, equisetum hyemale extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, squalane, litchi chinensis pericarp extract, sodium cocoyl amino acids, peg40 hydrogenated castor oil, potassium dimethicone copolyol panthenyl phosphate, butylene glycol, benzophenane-4, polyquateernium 7, cocamidopropyl betaine, sd alcohol 40, phyeoxyethanol, capryl glycol, ethylhexiglycerin, hexylene glycol, fragrance/parfum, euforas's blend of essential oils.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #15

rach3975's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009

How do you use it? With anything else? Leave in under or a gel over?
Sorry it's been so long! Life (ie, my kids) has been keeping me offline.

I use a leave in, then the curl defining solution, scrunch with a towel, then finish with Tigi Curl Booster spray. (I have some Jessicurl Rocking Ringlets that I'm trying to use up, so for now I'm using half that and half the Eufora.) When I'm using the Eufora without the Rocking Ringlets, I probably use 2 golf-ball sized handfuls.

You mentioned getting a lot of volume with it, which is probably why I like it so much. I have fine 3b hair, and some products seem to give me lots of curl but no volume.
rach3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #16

How do you use it? With anything else? Leave in under or a gel over?
Sorry it's been so long! Life (ie, my kids) has been keeping me offline.

No apologies necessary! I used a gel over it-I forget which one because I did more hold. Loving the volume (even root volume).

Old 05-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #17

MirCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
Wow, a lot of golf balls!

Can you post a pic? I'm always on the hunt for bigger hair.
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
MirCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #18

Join Date: Oct 2005

It's airy stuff so while it seems like a lot - it really is not. I did not take any pics while using it and I am such a prod-ho I have moved on to other combos but I will try and use this week and take a pic and post.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #19

Join Date: Jan 2012

There called fact sheets
http://www.euforaconnect.com/euforaftp/Moisture Solution Conditioner.pdf
There website address is: Eufora International
There is a fact sheets for every product
Darque Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #20

Join Date: Jan 2012

Curl’n Defining Solution
~
Certified Organic Aloe is used in its optimum quality and concentration to
impart soothing and healing benefits to the hair and scalp
Antioxidant Rich! A derivative of the Litchi Berry, prevents damage to hair
by neutralizing free Radicals and photo damage from UVA and UVB rays
Thermal protective benefits aid in eliminating damage caused by UVA,
UVB Rays and heat styling