Old 11-19-2006, 05:30 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to BurlesqueCantata
Default the best leave-in?

i just tried curls milkshake, and I'm feeling somehwhat mixed abt the product-it frizzes it up, but my hair feels SO soft bc of it.

i'm trying to find something moisturizing with some hold for my 3b curls. i'm also CG, but will use some poos without sulfates once a week.

any recommendations?
Old 11-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #2

anonymous_4926's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

i have to put in a rec for garnier fructis sleek and shine leave-in. i have no frizz, it's moisturizing, and my hair feels soft after using it. plus it's cheap

from other threads about this product, it seems CG-friendly.

natural since 1998. trying to adapt to this midwest weather while still keeping it simple. current length: MBL (stretched)

www.fotki.com/curlymami
pw: enter
anonymous_4926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #3

Ladydncing's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2004

I really like the Devacurl line. Another good one is Elucence and Jessicurl.
Maya
3b/c CG routine
HG line DevaCurl
Password: Locks

Ladydncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #4

Join Date: Jul 2003

I 2nd the Sleek & Shine. As you can see from the other threads, medusa & I are big fans of this stuff, both formulas. I've shelved my other spendy leave-ins from Curls & Curl Junkie in favor of this stuff.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:16 AM   #5

Leilani42's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006
Send a message via AIM to Leilani42

I use either one of the Garnier leave ins... both Curl & Shine and Sleek and Shine work well. Or I use a small blob of Elucence.
2c/3a-M-i
modified CG since July 2004.
searching for products that work...
Leilani42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:00 AM   #6

medusahair's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

I second the curl and shine leave in. If you need a lot of moisture Sleek and shine is more moisurizing but for me curl and shine leaves me with more curls since I need less moisture.
Both keep frizz down really really well , they're cheap, easily available and work well
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
medusahair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:26 AM   #7

Kaia's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

I like both GF Curl&Shine and Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana for fine hair. I don't know which one I like better. They do slightly different things for my hair, but for the money, you definitely get more from GF C&S. The GF gives me very good frizz control (I suspect bc of the cone) and definition, but not so much moisture. The CJ leave-in smells much better, is much more moisturizing, helps with frizz (but not as much as the GF) and definition, and gives me really awesome clumping that I can't seem to get from anything else. I use both interchangeably depending on how I feel that day and the weather, and I will repurchase both when I run out.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #8

wild_sasparilla's Avatar

Originally Posted by curlymami

from other threads about this product, it seems CG-friendly.

I like the C&S - but if you treat these like they're CG you're in big trouble! They both have Amodimethicone pretty high up, so they're definitely not.
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie.
wild_sasparilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:09 PM   #9

medusahair's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

I can no poo every few days and get it out fine. High up on the list or not it's still an easy cone to get out. It's the same cone that's in the DevaCurl stuff just higher on the list.
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
medusahair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:45 PM   #10

Originally Posted by wild_sasparilla
Have to disagree with this & chime in with medusa again. I've been CG a long time: full-on for the 1st 2 years, slightly modified for one year, then fairly modified for the last 2. I have zero problem No Poo'ing out anything by Fructis. I just prefer now to use no-sulfate, no suds 'poo because my arms get tired of the endless scalp massaging needed to CO wash. But no build-up whatsoever from the amodimethicone. Note: this is the only cone I have found this to be the case with. I consider this a full-on CG product.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:16 PM   #11

Kaia's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

I think it depends on your hair, and how porous it is. When I was strict CG, I got really bad build-up from OneC. Now that I'm shampooing with EMBS once a week, I can use the GF C&S. I still don't use it everyday, since I'm very prone to build-up, but I haven't had any problems so far.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:04 AM   #12

Join Date: Jul 2003

OFten wondered if that's just a hallmark difference of 3A vs 3B hair. My sister is 3A & she worries more about build up, altho' she can use heavy cones with no loss of curl or ill effect. Whereas virutally nothing builds up on me, with the one exception of cyclo...pen...oxane which is another word for liquid plastic IMHO. though my hair is dry & porous; it soaks up both condish & color like a sponge, but seems to release it just as easily. My 3B brother is the same.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:17 AM   #13

one way street's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

GF Sleek and Shine Leave in!
mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
one way street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:21 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to BurlesqueCantata

I decided on the sleek and shine, since everyone is raving about it...I'll try it tomorrow, and I'll report back as soon as I can!

Thanks everyone!!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 09:21 PM   #15

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

Curl Junkie H&B, or Blended Cutie Soft Curls & Swirls, or Giovanni Direct, or a homemade mixture of conditioner, setting lotion, coconut oil and glycerin. I use this last one with a little Milkshake over it on damp hair, and I don't need gel. Great for colder, dryer weather.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:55 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to BurlesqueCantata

wow...sleek and shine is GOOD!

I wasnt sure how my hair would look, so, I put the sleek n shine in, a little he smu spray gel, and put it in a ponytail. didn't want to leave it out just incase my hair would poof up. WOW, it looked great! my curls were shiny and healthy-looking!

I washed my hair with no poo and one condition..does the no-poo remove the A-cone in sleek n shine? i also have low-poo too, but use this occasionally...

thanks again everyone!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #17

Join Date: Jul 2003

It does for me, Bulesque. I still use No Poo sometimes, but more often ABBA Creme Moist. I just don't wanna scrub my scalp for endless minutes anymore. But this washes out easily either way for me. My hair actually soaks it up better than my old fave One C, which leaves a gummy residue if I leave in any at all. See the other threads on it. I just wish I loved the Fructis stylers as much!