Old 04-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #241

Originally Posted by kathymack View Post
I'm glad you're liking it so much! I really love most of the products that I've tried--and I've probably used 24+!

It's a long story, for another thread, but today I used KCCC (for the first time in about two years) with the MD CSC underneath. My curls are incredible--really tight with great volume.

We have the same dewpoints as you do today (and most days) that are in the mid 50's. It's also supposed to rain on and off.

I usually wet and style every day. Yesterday was unusual. It was supposed to pour a lot of the day and I wasn't doing anything except the health club and the supermarket. Was packing a sample of the Peaches Soft Curl Cream and had some left on the spatula. I put it in my hand, emulsified and smoothed it on my canopy. The frizz went away--and stayed away. My hair didn't look too bad this morning. It may be something for folks to try when they can't or don't do their hair.
Good tip for using some of the curl cream to get rid of frizz. I'm going to have to give the KCCC over the CSC a shot, too. The curl creams seem to work great under a multitude of products. You know I've never had much luck with creams, but this stuff is fabulous!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #242

Originally Posted by LilaGirl View Post
always love coming on here before I shower to get some combo ideas.

i want to try some md/kccc... thanks KAM!

Was wondering today, though, since I get such great results with FSG and recoil overtop if I could do FSG and MD overtop (and maybe a little FHG over that).

What do you guys think?
I use FSG as my last product on, so can't advise you about that. It's the only product of which I use a lot--about an ounce for my chin length hair, if that helps.

Originally Posted by msgiblet View Post

I've used most of the products as leave in/curl enhancers. Just started to use some of the jar conditioners as ROs. They are really nice and work well in their intended use.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
Old 04-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #243

Originally Posted by kathymack View Post
Conditioners are the next thing I want to try and will be PMing you about samples soon. I need suggestions, though. I love my Curl Junkie conditioners, but I have to be careful how much I use since they are so rich and concentrated. I'm thinking they may be too much altogether during the summer when I'm using such moisturizing MD products, so I want to try something a little lighter. From what I've read, it sounds like the "Simply" liquid conditioners might not be enough. Do you think the "thick" conditioners would be the ones for me to try? Or any other suggestions?

Old 04-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #244

Join Date: Jul 2008

I just finished reading through this whole thread. I am very tempted to give some of these products a try!!!

My question is has anyone had any luck with any of the products in low dew points? I live in AZ and the dews are consistently low here. I do not have much luck with oils or thick butters (ie Komaza Califia) They make me fell frizzy and producty, pull out curl. The Yogurt smoothie sounds yummy but I am afraid it would be too heavy for me. Any experienced users in low dews your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #245

Thanks
The dews were still low when I first tried the Curly Styling Cream and it worked fine for me. I can't answer to any of the other products because the only other one I've tried so far was the Peaches Soft Curl Cream today and our dews are in the 50's. I know I've read that some others have used the CSC in low dews without any problems, though.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #246

msgiblet

Thank you for the quick response. Did this give you much hold on its own or did you have most luck using a gel over it? I am sure this was answered before but after reading this long thread my brain is kinda . . . .

Old 04-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #247

Originally Posted by dry-n-AZ View Post
I also couldn't do Komaza Califia; it caused me to become over-conditioned and frizzy, no matter what the dew point.

For low dews, I like the MD CSC under SS CEJ; or the MD red clover/honey leave-in under SS CEJ + SS FHG.

Whenever I use CEJ or any other gelly as my finisher (without any extra gel on top), I smooth a little MD red clover leave-in down onto dry hair and it gives my hair that finished/polished look without weighing it down (and while avoiding the producty feel that you can sometimes get from gel).

I also liked the MD coconut-vanilla liquid conditioner used as a leave-in (didn't work for me as a rinse-out; not detangling enough).

The MD mango pudding plus, which has more oils in it, is great for me in summer but too heavy in low dews. It flattens my curls over the course of the day. I seem to recall FrizzBGone commenting that she had had the same problem.
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 PM   #248

msgiblet

I haven't tried it on its own and doubt seriously that it would have enough hold for me that way, especially in our higher dews. So far I've only tried it with either SS CEJ, SS FHG or a combo of those two and it works well.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #249

Join Date: Jul 2008

Sounds like I need to get some SS CEJ & SS FHG to try as well. Thank you for all of the recommendations. I'll have to see how many of these I can get in sample size and give this a whirl. My hair is getting ready for summer and wants to try some new things!!!

Old 04-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #250

Join Date: Jan 2008

I've been using these products a lot since last May. Our winter dewpoints are frequently in single digits and sometimes negative numbers. They did remarkably well.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #251

Join Date: Jul 2008

I just ordered two sample pack (conditioners & styling creams) and the strawberry smoothie. I can not wait to give these a try. I also put in an order for the SS CEJ & FHG and the SS spray. Hopefully my hair will be happy.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:15 AM   #252

09robiha's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009

Just wondering...since all these products are fairly heavy, how they hold up in summer conditions??
Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

PROTEIN LOVER!!!

Wishing my hair would be more like this ------>
and less like this --------->
09robiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #253

Originally Posted by 09robiha View Post
I started using them in May, 2010, and used one product almost every day since that time. My hair is fine and low porosity, so I only use minute amounts of any product, except FSG. I only use two MD products if I do a rinse out. I wet and style every day and probably use a MD product five times a week.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #254

FrizzBgone's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

I love MD's CSC; the Peach Curls are a close second. I use them both as LI's. MD worked great for me all last summer. They are heavier products, but they really protected my hair from frizz. I do use both all year around though.
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #255

Join Date: Dec 2009

FGB, what combos do you use? I need to find *something* to help with this hair - none of my old favorites (which were long sought-after) are working any more!!!
3b/fine/normal porosity/normal elasticity

LOVES behentrimonium methosulfate
(don't ask me to pronounce that!)

Want to grow it long again!
And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!
LilaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #256

Originally Posted by FrizzBgone View Post
+1. My favorite MD curl enhancer is the CSC. I just did a new experiment with the PSCC (peaches soft curl cream) and so far am liking that as well. I'm on day 2 and hair looks great. It's slightly heavier than CSC, so a little more challenging to work with, but not as heavy as the mango pudding plus, which flattens my hair a bit too much in low dews. I use either CSC or PSCC under SS CEJ.

I also **love** the MD red clover/honey leave-in conditioner. I use it as a leave-in, under SS CEJ + FHG. Or, I use it as a finishing product, to tame flyaways on days when I prefer to use a gelly alone rather than a gel. I posted a thread about this here: MD red clover/honey leave-in to SOTC
Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #257

mrsgp101310's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011

I ordered the CSC last Friday and should be getting it today. Can't wait to try it
Cyndi ~ TX CG since 11/10
3a, medium texture, normal porosity & elasticity, medium density, color-treated, frizz-prone

Cleansing: DevaCare No Poo
Old 04-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #258

FrizzBgone's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by melaniesusan View Post

I do like the Mango Pudding, but I find I can only use it in the really heavy dewpoints. When the humidity was really bad last summer, I would scrunch the mango pudding in as a last step. It seemed to seal my hair and help prevent any frizz.
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #259

Originally Posted by FrizzBgone View Post
...I'll have to try the Red-Clover LI to SOTC - I haven't tried it for that yet. Do you find that the fragrance lingers a long time though?...I do like the Mango Pudding, but I find I can only use it in the really heavy dewpoints.
The scent of the red clover LI doesn't linger at all - it's very light. I had a similar issue with the mango pudding plus - liked it best in high dews, weighed my hair down too much in low dews.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #260

rymorg2's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006

HUGE RAVE for Marie Dean!!!! CS related as well as product related....

So back when Kathy first posted this thread I decided to try some Marie Dean but had a bad reaction and had to place them on the swap board. Since then I've considered trying some of her products unscented, but never got around to it. Recently I discoverd that I probably have celiac disease (I'm going to the doctor very soon) and have gone gluten free. I also discovered that almost all the products that have bothered me in the past had gluten in them. So I decided to contact them about products without gluten. She offered to make me whatever I wanted without gluten in it! So I ordered the following:

All are gluten/fragrance free.

Peach Curl Cream
Coconut/Lime Detangler
Vanilla repair mask
Papaya/mango condish

She left out all the gluten and replaced the wheat protein in the repair mask with keratin at my request. She also included a free sample of the capuacu cream and made it gluten free and unscented as well! THAT is service. I WILL DEFINITELY be ordering again.

I got smaller sizes because I wanted to be sure that I didn't react again. NO ISSUES THIS TIME WOOHOO!!!!! AND I see now what the raves have been about.....today I used JC GLS to low poo and followed with Coconut Lime detangler from MD. Rinsed....SO SOFT! I used a touch of the Peach Curl Cream and topped it with SS CEJ. We had temps in the 90's, dews in the 60's which for me is usually where I start to see tons of frizz....I had LITTLE TO NO FRIZZ, it held ALL DAY LONG, it was SOFT and TOUCHABLE and enhanced too!!!!!

Here are a few pics.....LOL I got a wild hair over the weekend, gave myself bangs (and yes I round brush them) and colored them teal. Gotta be able to do funky things as a stylist, right???

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders