Marie Dean

Thanks melaniesusan, what is your face DT and PT? We seem to like some same brands so I value your opinion. Thank you in advance.
Originally Posted by AUsomecurls
@AUsomecurls: My favorite PT, hands-down, is the CJ Repair Me. (I also like KBB hair mask, but CJ is easier to work with because you don't need to follow it with a moisturizing DT). My favorite moisturizing DT is CJ curl rehab.

I haven't yet tried any of the MD deep conditioners; maybe someone on this thread who has can chime in here. I found the MD liquid conditioners gave really nice results but were insufficiently detangling for my thick hair. I ended up using the MD coconut-vanilla liquid conditioner as a leave-in (per angel29ish's suggestion) and really liked it for that purpose
Originally Posted by melaniesusan
Thank you, Melaniesusan, I will be ordering more CJ products on Friday and will be surest include these. You echo the thoughts of others here as well--a great confirmation. I also look forward to experimenting with some MD products soon. I keep hearing they're great.

Today, I spoke with the owner of Donna Marie products. An impressive and wonderful woman, it seemed to me. A couple new products are coming on her line that sound quite intriguing and with good potential. We are blessed to have such great products in the market!
Ok, so I've tried the red clover leave in and the curling cream a few times. These products are so rich!! I thought at first that I over did it, but my hair loves it!!! I use a dab of the RCLI and almost a nickel size blob of curl cream and then scrunched in some DMMCCG=awesome hair!! I received a sample of the yogurt smoothie and the vanilla masque(?). Any suggestions in using the smoothie?
I'm glad I finally broke down and purchased these! The great thing is, they are so rich that they will last me a loooong time.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
I ordered the Red Clover Honey leave-in as well! I almost bought something else but realized that I should try to keep the amount of products I have in check, haha!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: CJ Beauticurls, CJ A&OO, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: Mop C, KCCC, SCE FSG
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

I ordered the Red Clover LI last time she had a sale, along with the yogurt smoothy cream and love both! This past Friday's sale I ordered my 2nd jar of the CSC bc I absolutely love that one! I ordered the bigger jar this time (8 oz). That is one product I never intend to run out of
Cyndi ~ TX CG since 11/10
3a, medium texture, normal porosity & elasticity, medium density, color-treated, frizz-prone

Co-wash: KMF Whenever Cond; Suave Naturals Coco; AIA Coconut cowash
Cleansing: CJ DF
RO: CJ Smoothing,GVP CB
LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion, AIA leave in
Stylers: SCE Okra Gel; SCE CC; SSCEJ, SSFHG, AIA Curl Jelly; BRHG; JC Spiralicious
I actually just ordered the CSC after all of the rave reviews on here! Also ordered one of the conditioners...What is the best way to use the CSC? Certain dew points? What products best layer over?

Thanks!
2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
Has anyone ordered their hair goodiebag?
CG-modified since 7/08
3a and 3b -I think

shampoo bars
BRHG
testing: SS, CIAB and CCCL
Marie Dean Shea Cocoa moisturizing lotion. I bought this and unfortunately it is too light for my hair. It is a yellow, creamy lotion that absorbs easily into the hair. I think it would work better on softer hair types. It's on the swap board for sale, if anyone is interested.
Yesterday I revisited the two products I have.
I used a little of the RCLI and about a nickel size of the CSC, UFDCM and topped with BRHG. Today's hair is FABULOUS!!! Well defined and shiny curls! I'm always trying different combos and had neglected these two wonderful products!!! I'm in LOVE again!!!
I'm thinking of ordering some more of the CSC and trying a couple of new products, the coconut detangler and the vanilla lemon mousse...anyone have any tips or comments about these two?
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I have various samples as I bought 2 of her goodie bags. The Vanilla Lemon mousse has wax high on the ingredient list – I am personally not a fan of her products that have wax in the top three ingredients as they make my hair actually feel waxy. But I have thick hair and there is no way for me to get away just using a pea size amount of product, so that may be a factor. I prefer the yogurt smoothie cream. I will say though that it smells great. IMO, her scents are the best in the business. I wore the vanilla scented curly styling cream while travelling and I literally had people stopping me in the airport asking me what scent I was wearing.
High Density, High Porosity, Medium Texture, 3B with some kink

DT: SS DDMT - HG
Lo-Poo: No Preference
Co-wash: CJ Smoothing Conditioner
RO: CJ Strengthening Conditioner - HG
LI: CK Satin Roots
Styler: CK Coil Jam
Other Likes: Castor Oil; CK Twist Whip, MD CSC
Dislikes: Wheat Protein; Aloe LIs or Stylers

Originally Posted by tricello
Thank you! That's something for me to think about. I may just stick with the two I know and love, the red clover leave-in and the curl style cream.
Now that you mention it, I have several samples I need to try out too.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Can anyone compare the Red Clover Leave-in with the Apricot Mango Leave-in, please??

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I use Mango Detangler as a leave in quite often with great success. It works in any kind of weather for me. I can't use protein products that I don't rinse out so I'm limited. I have used red clover but it only works in the more humid summers for me. I recently got a sample of the Vanilla Lemon Mousse and it's working very well for me. I think the wax locks the moisture in for me. I have a ton of hair so I need to use a good amount. So far I've used it three times, with the same combination and it's worked great. Don't know how it will work in the summer.
3a or b depending on the weather, medium texture, pretty dense, normal porosity.
Have to be careful of protein
cowash: Elucence and CJDF
conditioners: AOHR, CJHB deep fix,
LI: currently liking Marie Dean Mango Detangler, KCKT
Stylers: Usually mix very small amounts of BRHG with CJCIAB, HETT, DMMCG or whatever is under the sink and might work that day!
Latest discovery: Marie Dean Amla Hair Creme Proless works great on top of any gel combination. Well, at least in the current low dews!
Originally Posted by ChrissyC
Thank you! From the description it looks like the apricot mango leave-in is a lighter leave in and the Red lover LI is heavier. I may order both next time.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I used the MD hair products for years. It seemed that despite the varied descriptions on their website, the products all seemed alike for me.

As a plus, they are rich and go a long way, but the scents were unpleasant after a while.

I have moved on to the Kimmaytube leave in recipe: Elucence moisture balance conditioner, aloe vera juice, jojoba oil and hemp seed oil. My hair has never felt more moisturized.
CG since 1st CG book