Marie Dean

amyloplast, your hair looks great!
I was going to wait a few days to post results, but I'm just thrilled with my hair today! I used the Mango Papaya Condish as a rinse out, Coconut Choc. Chip Soft Curls Cream as a LI and CJ CIAB. Love it! The Marie Dean product is wonderful at frizz control and defining curls. I took a pic at about 95% dry and my curls stayed intact and frizz free all day. The scent of the condish was strong, but nice and it faded after a while
Nat, you're going to love this stuff. Great find kam!
Originally Posted by angel29ish
Your hair looks INCREDIBLE!! I mean perfect curls and not a frizzy lizzie in sight!!! Whoa momma!!!

Now I'm really chomping at the bit!! Will post results tomorrow.

Ok Mir.. you can come out now!! You can't deny Angel's hair!!! LOLOL!!
Originally Posted by Naturalista

WAAOOOUW Angel, You hair are to die for! Just perfect!!!

As Naturalista said, we can't ignore those products when we see such beautiful curls
3B-A, colored, med texture-density, High porosity

DT: AOHRS - CJHBDF - Mixed Chicks
Loo-Poo 2/week: Eluence volume,YTT-YTC poo, Co-wash 2/week: Suave Tropical - V05 Strawberries (water wash the rest)
Conditioner: Mop Top, Toe Shea, AOHRS, AOGBP
Leave-in:KCKT , Darcy Peach Kernel, Aloeba,YTT/YTC co,Christine Grant LI
Stylers: KCCC, CJ CCC, DMMC, Mixed Chiks, BB Jellie Creme, HESMU, Mop Top gel, HPO curling pudding

Fotki:http://public.fotki.com/zenalla1/ (updated in June 2010)
PW: mixedcurly
Since I've been using these products A LOT, I think I actually get better curls from my other products even on the days I don't use these.

I am still trying to figure them out.
Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.

Originally Posted by pigreyhound
I really like them all. I love the Yogurt Smoothie, but don't know if that's because citrus is my favorite smell. So far, they all work really well. It's not a cop out, I really like them. I need to replace some of the products, don't know whether to try a lot of new things or reorder some of the same, LOL!

Originally Posted by kathymack
Do a little of both. That's the fun!

I can see why you like the Lemon Yogurt Smoothie. I like the citrus smell also.

My hair just isn't responding to the Marie Dean with the curl enhancement that you are getting. I get good volume and my curls stay pretty much the same all day. No frizz. Even in humid conditions.

I wonder if my hair is at an odd stage of growth. I had funky, odd curls/horns on my head when my hair was first cut. Now it has grown quite a bit and a couple weeks ago the curl pattern seemed to strengthen and even out. Now I wonder if it is at another odd stage and so it just isn't curling as well. Maybe no matter what I do right now, it won't look as curly as it did. Normally my hair becomes curlier as it grows.
Ugh, it is never simple, is it??? Honestly, how many women with straight hair obsess about their hair like we do?

Originally Posted by pigreyhound
LOLOL!!! Girl you're reading my mind! I was thinking maybe I needed to give myself a trim and see if a difference happens. May just do that! I'm due.

When my hair wasn't curling very well the issue was that I wasn't getting enough protein. How's your PT regimen?

Straight women obsess about frizz constantly b/c most of them are CG's in disguise fronting with heat implements. LOL!! There are very few truly straight haired women in the world.

Facebook|Twitter
You and I are on the same Curly Hustle!!! Awkward hair stages, problems with UM and MD products....

So, I did a PT tonight to see if that is what my hair needed. I think I am afraid to do too many so I space them out quite a bit. How often do you use protein treatments?

Anyway, that helped and so even though I am going to bed in a few hours, I tried the Yogurt smoothie under FHG instead of my beloved UM. It worked much better. (Or the PT helped) But at least I don't hate the feel of FHG in my hair so maybe I will be able to use FHG!!

Maybe UM and MD don't play well together.

I have to wait until the 24th for another cut so I have to deal with this hair for awhile. And I am afraid I will end up cutting it off since I am traveling all over the place in July and usually cut my hair super short to travel so I don't have to obsess about it.

Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.

Maybe UM and MD don't play well together.

Originally Posted by pigreyhound
Yup! You know how I feel bout my hustle game! LOL! I'm low porosity so I don't PT all that often, maybe once every 3 weeks or so.

I'm doing the lemon smoothie tomorrow with UFCM to see. Better come out right. Bf's bday weekend celebration starts tomorrow and MD betta not have me looking crazy in pics. LOL!!

Facebook|Twitter
My hair is medium porosity and I think I may need to PT more often. Kathymack said her hair has been needing protein, so I thought that maybe mine did too. (I am very suggestible) I did another PT even though I hadn't planned on another until the 15th. It has been only 9 days since my last one.
My hair is almost dry now and the curl pattern and feel is much better with the FHG on top of the Yogurt smoothie.

Good luck with your hair!! Maybe try FSG on top of it? I need more hold but maybe you don't. I haven't tried the MD products alone. Maybe they don't need a gel?

Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
I'm low porosity and my hair LOVES protein. I think it's because it's fine. I did two PTs this week. I bought the Mozeke and did that on Monday. Today, I was cleaning out a bottle of Spiral Solutions, so put that on my hair while I was getting ready to shower. Probably 5-10 minutes, no problem. I'd keep doing them until you notice a problem. The ones that are moisturizing aren't an issue. I may try the Mozeke as my leave in tomorrow.

Last edited by kathymack; 06-11-2010 at 10:44 AM.
I decided to try the Curly Styling Cream with Upper Mgmt Gel by KissMyFace.

Regimen:
Plant poo
RO with Curly Q's Coconut Dream Condish
In sections added:
Curly Styling Cream as LI
Upper Mgmt Gel

Distributed with a poo brush, scrunch, diffuse to 60% dry.

So, when I put the cream on @ 1st it helped calm the frizz and applying the gel took care of whatever frizz remained. For a few sections I decided to see what would happen if I only used the styling cream and after I ran the poo brush through my curls separated and bounced happily. My thoughts in the shower were that I could possibly use this alone if I saturated my hair with it. It didn't enhance my curls, but I really liked the idea that this was a CURL SEPARATING CREAM. I'm not a clumping fan persay.

Once all the product was in I had very little frizz and even before I started diffusing I could see root lift and my hair volumizing which is strange as it was still pretty damp and that normally doesn't start happening until I've dried a little.

So I diffused to about 60% dry and the results came out pretty well but I guess I was looking for MD to do something phenomenal b/c I felt a little disappointed. Perhaps I needed more moisture or using UM gel was a blah choice (vs. what you guys have been using, but UM gel has otherwise been great in my hair).

It's a dry run and I have plenty of time (and product, b/c you don't need much) to test it out. Maybe it will improve as it dries (very nice light hold btw). I guess I was hoping it would define and enhance my curls more. I will say though, that the separation, body, and movement are top notch!!! This hair SWINGS!!!

Overall initial impression (Curly Styling Cream): Not better than what I have on deck, but perhaps with a change of supporting product that could change.

Now for the pics, which don't capture what I'm seeing so you guys will call me nuts. LOL!! TBC....
Originally Posted by Naturalista
Thanks for the compliments ladies!

Nat, I think your hair looks fantastic in the pics! I know how it is though, we have our own rating system for "wow" and we're most critical of our own curls. FWIW, I don't find the UM gel that great with alot of products. I know it worked fairly well for me a couple of times a while back, but I can't remember what I used it with. You might want to try it with FSG and see how that works.
I tried the lemon yogurt smoothie today topped with KMS C&P. Not as good a result as yesterday's combo, but ooooh I do like the scent! I'll try it again using FSG because it made my hair so soft and silky. Like kam, it tightened my curl, but I also had larger clumps than usual. I think I will continue trying the samples with FSG because I know what to expect with it.
3B, fine, low/normal porosity
CG - July 2009
CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
Too many others to list!
I decided to try the Curly Styling Cream with Upper Mgmt Gel by KissMyFace.

Regimen:
Plant poo
RO with Curly Q's Coconut Dream Condish
In sections added:
Curly Styling Cream as LI
Upper Mgmt Gel

Distributed with a poo brush, scrunch, diffuse to 60% dry.

Originally Posted by Naturalista
Thanks for the compliments ladies!

Originally Posted by angel29ish
Thanks girlie! Yeah we all have our own rating system as far as what expectations we have, but I'm still in the game! BBFSG + anything hasn't let me down yet so that's actually a great idea and KM mentioned that to me. No scratch the UFCM idea. FSG it is.

Facebook|Twitter
I'm low porosity and my hair LOVES protein. I think it's because it fine. I did two PTs this week. I bought the Mozeke and did that on Monday. Today, I was cleaning out a bottle of Spiral Solutions, so put that on my hair while I was getting ready to shower. Probably 5-10 minutes, no problem. I'd keep doing them until you notice a problem. The ones that are moisturizing aren't an issue. I may try the Mozeke as my leave in tomorrow.
Originally Posted by kathymack
I'm not gonna guano your thread but naughty you for not telling me what happened with the Mozeke. Imma mosey on to the PM box....LOL!!

Facebook|Twitter
Just wondering after the whole Jasmines thing if Marie Dean is actually hand making her concoctions or buying in bulk and adding fragrance etc.... Anyone know?
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Originally Posted by kathymack
Ok I clearly was dazed and confused. Instead of low porosity what I should've said was that my hair is coarse as heck (thank you Asian GMa) and so my hair doesn't get off on protein like that. LOL!! With that said, now I make sense. Hehehe

I trimmed my hair Deva style and what a difference after PT/DT!!

KM: Thumbs up on the Mozeke PT and DT... hair curling like mad.

Off to try the smoothie/FSG combo now...

Facebook|Twitter
KM, thanks for directing me to this thread. I've been taking notes and will order some asap. Love your hair in the pix!

I'm also taking notes on the jellies. I think I've only tried one before...CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Gelly. It did NOT work. I'm willing to try some others, though.
fine hair, not sure of porosity.
Deva Care Lo-Poo
Rinse-outs: AO GPB, JC
Leave-in: CJ Curl Assurance (a dime's worth)
Style cream: KCCC, CJ CCCC-lite, & BRHG
Protein Treatment: SS Repairing Protein Treatment
DT: SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix

Holy Grails: AO GPB, SS Repairing Protein Treatment, KCCC, & BRHG

Originally Posted by Texaskurl
I don't consider the CJ CA Smoothing Gelly to be a jelly product, it's more of a gel product. The CJ CIAB is a serum/jelly product. For me, others would be: DM Curling Gelly, SS CEJ, UFD Curly Magic, DOC/EW SAJ and FSG.

Originally Posted by pigreyhound
pigreyhound, is your hair layered? I have long layers in my hair and that's what's responsible for giving me bouncy curls instead of heavy waves.
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
Originally Posted by DEL2C
I'm curious also. My friend/colorist was just telling me yesterday about all the opportunities that are available from companies that make Skin/Hair care bases...
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot