Marie Dean

So... I've finally done it and did it quite well on the 1st go!! I have my own FSG formula now and I LOVVVVVVVVE IT!!!

Here it is with MD's Mango Pudding (Oiless) as a LI.

As I mentioned to Mir earlier, this product smells lighter than it actually is in the jar, but once its in your hair you smell like a fresh ripe mango and the smell lingers at the SAME STRENGTH so if you aren't into that, take note.

The pudding emulsifies very easily so you dont have to distribute it in anything. Just rub it in your hands and smooth it on. A little goes a long way.

The pudding unlike the smoothie and the styling cream is a CLUMPING agent so curls start forming and making cliques right away. This defines and adds a wonderful shine. I have the OILESS formula so it's as advertised with no grease factor. The pudding does give a light hold on its own which adding my FSG kicked it up slightly but my hair remained soft, frizz free and held up all day in spite of the rain. I can easily see 2nd day hair in my future.

PICS!
Originally Posted by Naturalista
Yay for you making your own FSG!! I was thinking it, but I knew you loved your BB so I didn't say it...LOL
Your pics look great and I love the twists.
CG - July 2009
CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
Too many others to list!

Your pics look great and I love the twists.
Originally Posted by angel29ish
Thanks! Yep.. someone took me to task and now I'm a mixtress.. limited edition. LOLOL!!

Facebook|Twitter

N, I'm not sold yet. I remember way too many threads where people loved stuff, then stopped loving stuff. I'm keeping my eyes open, though.

My main reasons for not ordering:

2. I have sensitivities to citrus fragrances, and them main product I wanna try is the lemon yogurt smoothie.
3. I hate the sound of most of those scents (choc chip is not a scent I want in myhair, and mango-papaya may trigger an allergy issue)

The allergy issues are coming to the fore
Originally Posted by MirCurls
This will definitely be an issue for you then if she doesn't offer any unscented varieties which I haven't checked...

I have the mango hair pudding in my hair and I was telling someone that I smell like I belong in a daggone TREE IN JAMAICA!! ROTFL! I didn't expect this b/c in the jar is didnt smell all that threatening but this smell has persisted all day and I can imagine someone NOT wanting to smell like a tropical fruit being nauseated by mango afterwhile. Good thing I like it and my BF loves it, otherwise it wouldn't be on the repurchase list.

Speaking of your going back to FSG.. perhaps now is the time to make your own? A lovely little birdie pushed me to do so and now I have my own little magic. I can use the $$ to do other stuff now. Ok.. till I can replace the FSB, BB still gets a little of my money...LOL!! LOVE BRULEE!
Originally Posted by Naturalista
I don't like smelling like most fruits, but citrus scents smell nice and 'clean" to me so I like lemony/orangey (even with my issues). However, I prefer to smell musky or floral or perfumey. So, I will continue to get my FSG from BB, as I love getting my stuff all White Musky (and not having to do it myself and end up with a mess. )

Her FSG and brulee are working well for me so far, with a bit of medium to firmer gel on top. I don't want to use too much while my sensitivities are on high, but the musk scent doesn't itch me and the Abba Pure Gentle and Joigel is working fine. So far, so good. I just learn to live with some summer frizz.

Not that I like showing my big, fat-bellied bod, but here I am doing Pilates last Thursday with my second day Hair (CJ Smoothing Condish, BB FSG, JoiGel). I didn't do anything to my hair (Why? I was gonna roll around and sweat, hah!), and we've had record heat down here in Miami. So, the FSG and JoiGel have been a pretty curl-holding, frizz-minimizing combo. Now, don't laugh at the obese Cuban chick in her workout clothes (click to enlarge):
Attached Thumbnails
Marie Dean-fotkimirpilates6-10-10sidebendladderbarrel2nddayhairbbfsgjoigel.jpg
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Originally Posted by MirCurls
I feel ya on the mess. That was my thing too and that it may not work, but what I made ended up being superior to what I was buying and I didn't make the mess I feared. White Musk sounds good! Cannot stand floral anything. Nauseating to me 9/10!

WOW!! Your hair looks beautiful and you're beautiful (and nothing to laugh at)! I would've said that that was FIRST day hair from that pic!

Well back to Marie Dean I looked and there was no unscented which to me is a bit of a no-no business wise. If you like the lemon/cit side, then lemon yogurt smoothie is definitely great. So far it's definitely the best all around one.

Facebook|Twitter
The one tha smells like caramel. Although I like the smell of caramel, I don't like it ON me, or in my hair, as I found out today. And I used a small amount of this stuff under PM round trip (I'm experimenting with no gel). Well my hair looked really good, enhanced curl and volume and decent definition. After the gym (lots of sweating doing Zumba) it was frizzy. I think maybe I didn't use enough of the curl cream, but I smoothed some on the canopy when I got home and it took care of the frizz.

Now....while I think I like both this and the Yogurt Lemon Smoothie equally....I absolutely cannot stand the smell of this stuff! And it lingers ALL day, every time I moved my head, I would smell it. Now if this was available in a citrusy scent, it would be my next purchase. I have never not liked a scent this much, to not buy a product because of it, but that is the case here. It's a shame...
Cleanser: Kathymack soap bars, Giovannie TTTT
Rinse Out: CJ Curl Theory, Aussie 3 Min Miracle, Giovanni 50:50, Jasmine's Shea, Sevi Pumpkin Seed
Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

I would like to try it with a "gellie" type product as some of you have been, only problem is, I don't HAVE a gellie type product that works for me. FSG, CEJ, UFCM, EW AJ, and DM MCJ did nothing for me. Are there any other gellies out there....sorry to guano....lol
Originally Posted by Chelley Mae
Have you tried Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic? I feel like I've read that you have and that it didn't work. I could never understand how to get AOMM to work for me until it just did. I have a tight curl pattern so I don't need hold as much as I need frizz control. I like to use AOMM over a cream like QCCC to give me soft, defined curls.
Originally Posted by tonsofcurlz
You are correct! I have tried that and it didn't do a thing but pull my curls out and make them look lank. So I gave it away. I wish I would stop giving stuff away immediately and keep it around for a bit so I can try other combos. I'm such a purger though...it's in my nature. Now I feel like buying it again to try it. How did you get it to work for you? How do you apply, etc?
Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

Now this had a scent which I didn't really want in my hair, but it def didn't linger like the curly styling caramel scent. It did tighten my curls and gave volume, as with the yogurt smoothie, but held up better at the gym than the curly styling cream. It plays really well with UFDCM! Which I have been struggling with as a product itself, but layered over the MD seems to work! Next is the MD pudding plus...wonder what the plus is for....

From the MD website:

PRODUCT ABBREVIATION LIST:

LANOLIN/LANOLIN OIL - The product contains lanolin and/or lanolin oil.
II - The product contains silicones.
PLUS - Butters or Oils have been added to the ingredients.
OILESS - The product does not contain oils; perfect for individuals who are oil-sensitive.
BUTTERLESS - The product does not contain butters; perfect for individuals who are butter-sensitive.
PROLESS - The product does not contain proteins; perfect for individuals who are protein-sensitive.

Facebook|Twitter
So far, I've had the best success with Coconut Choc. Chip Soft Curls Hair Cream and Papaya Mango Liquid Conditioner. I will be ordering these. I think the only change I'll make is ordering the Coconut Vanilla Liquid Conditioner in place of the Papaya Mango scent. This conditioner is an interesting product. When I apply it as a rinse out I've used a small puddle and it feels like I haven't put anything in my hair. There's no seaweed feel to it. When I rinse it out, my hair feels very conditioned and soft.
The hair cream provides very nice curl definition, softness and loads of shine. I don't mind the scent of it as it fades and I prefer decadent scents.
The other products I've tried start out with great results, but I'm getting frizzy by mid-day. I may have to play around with them more. Especially the lemon yogurt hair smoothie. It provides incredible softness and shine.
Too many others to list!
Angel, what are u using with the choc chip cream?

Originally Posted by tonsofcurlz
Originally Posted by Chelley Mae
I'm just seeing this! I'm so sorry. I have NO idea how I missed it. I'm here every day...

I had a bottle of AOMM sitting in my closet for nearly 6 months before I figured out how to use it. I began using it by mixing it with other stylers to soften their hold - KCCC and BRHG. I also liked the combo of AOMM and the AO B-5 gel. I'd mix the two together and apply over a leave-in. I know a lot of curlies don't like them, but I think the panthenol in them work well for me.

As winter progressed, I found that I liked the softer hold over the shelac feeling that I get from a harder hold gel. I began using creams and other stylers (Alba/EW SAJ/my own FSG/SS CEJ) with little/no hold after my leave-in and then topped them with AOMM. The AOMM seems to add that extra hold/frizz control that I need, but still gives me volume and soft curls after I SOTC.

Generally speaking, the AOMM was a "gateway" jelly for me that helped me figure out how to use other light hold stylers with my hair. I'm loving my soft curls!
3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
Low Poos:
MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
Angel, what are u using with the choc chip cream?
Originally Posted by Chelley Mae
I wash with CJDF, rinse out with MD Papaya and Mango, Coco. Choc. Chip cream, homemade FSG, and finish with either CJ CIAB or Gel-les'C as a serum. This combo has been great 3 times so that's my marker that it's a keeper.
kam, have you tried any new MD products yet?
Too many others to list!
Im supper interested in trying this products, I guess Im a true PJ...i just have a few questions. Ive never used any type of styling creams/butters/puddings/etc. but think I could possibly benefit from the moisture. Do you ladies use these AS a leave-in or with one? And do you usually find you need some gel on top for hold?

Thanks!
TYPE: 3a/b
MED/THICK texture
CG since 08/09

CLEANSE: Deva Low Poo

CO/LI/RO: Deva One, KCKT, Aubrey Organics HSR

STYLE: Ouidad Curl Quench Gel, Angell, CJCIAB

DT: JCWT

Last edited by fueledbyhodder; 06-22-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by fueledbyhodder
In the summer, I usually use fewer layers, I've been using most pf these as my leave in/curl enhancer with a jelly type product. We're in the middle of a heat wave, so I needed to use gel (I used the EW SAJ which needs "more" in the high dewpoints.) Today I use Terax Life Drops for the first time. It's a repair/li, so I used the Marie Dean Aloe LI for extra moisture, just in case, and the EW SAJ with two pea sized blobs of AO B-5 mixed in. I have beautiful, tight shiny curls with no frizz! If you use the products judiciously, you shouldn't have a problem. I only use one Marie Dean product at a time, unless I'm using the rinse out. In the winter, when it's dry and cold, I suspect that I could use two.

I should get my new order tomorrow. I got some different products to try. One is the souffle, that's supposed to be a little lighter.

I use the yogurt smoothie in place of a leave in. It's very moisturizing. Continued usage has really improved my hair's condition, and a little goes a long way. I am so excited for my Marie Dean order to arrive tomorrow! The yogurt smoothie is an HG for me. I also get nice results with the curly styling pudding and the soft curls cream, but I do not like the scents. Here are a few pictures of representative hair days using Marie Dean (first with Batia & Aleeza and ABBA Pure Style (dew above 75 --> hard hold gel time) and second with CIAB and ABBA Pure Style). There's a small amount of frizz, but that's due to impatient diffusing and wind outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Marie Dean-photo-82.jpg   Marie Dean-photo-86.jpg
2a/3a. Very fine. Porous.
No Poo/Low Poo: CJ Daily Fix, Mop Top Gentle Clarifying Shampoo
Conditioner: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, SS Deeply Decadent, SS Repairing Protein Treatment
Stylers: SS CEJ, SS FHG, KCCC

Very nice result Amy - great curl definition
I think I finally have a look at this line of products... even if absolutly don't need some more products
3B-A, colored, med texture-density, High porosity

DT: AOHRS - CJHBDF - Mixed Chicks
Loo-Poo 2/week: Eluence volume,YTT-YTC poo, Co-wash 2/week: Suave Tropical - V05 Strawberries (water wash the rest)
Conditioner: Mop Top, Toe Shea, AOHRS, AOGBP
Leave-in:KCKT , Darcy Peach Kernel, Aloeba,YTT/YTC co,Christine Grant LI
Stylers: KCCC, CJ CCC, DMMC, Mixed Chiks, BB Jellie Creme, HESMU, Mop Top gel, HPO curling pudding

Fotki:http://public.fotki.com/zenalla1/ (updated in June 2010)
PW: mixedcurly
Used this today w/ CIAB over it....My hair is SO soft, good curl definition and frizz control. I think it is curl enhancing for me too! I'm trying not to use a gel on purpose because my HG gel is being discontinued (can only get it online and it's Herbal Essence) and also I think gel might be causing frizz for me. I really like the softness without a gel too.

Naturalista, I don't remember if you said you used the pudding plus yet, but this one I find is curl separating too, which you like, if I do recall correrectly.
Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

Thanks for the advice ladies, I took the plunge and just placed an order. Im going to try the lemon yogurt hair smoothie, and the Papaya & Mango liquid conditioner. Im excited!

Any tricks on applying the smoothie? Im currently favoring the rake and shake method, but what do you all find works best for you?
TYPE: 3a/b
MED/THICK texture
CG since 08/09

CLEANSE: Deva Low Poo

CO/LI/RO: Deva One, KCKT, Aubrey Organics HSR

STYLE: Ouidad Curl Quench Gel, Angell, CJCIAB

DT: JCWT
I smooth, rake and scrunch all of the products.

Chelley Mae, I don't use gel most of the year, because a lot of them give me frizz. With the current heat wave, I have to use a little. My hairs been liking the more natural ones in this two. So far, I've used SS FHG, AO B-5 and Giovanni LA Natural without a problem. Just two pea sized blobs in my jelly product.

Thanks Kathymack! I will try that.