Old 04-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #41

LisaF1163's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

An update, now that I've been using CK for a while:

Nope, not loving it at all. It's really drying my hair out, so I won't be repurchasing it after this bottle runs out.

Interestingly enough, one of the combos that makes it work beautifully is mixing the CK in my palm with KCCC, because the KCCC is so super-moisturizing. That works, that off-sets the drying effect of the CK. I get beautiful clumps, great spirals, it's a really great combo.

But that doesn't solve the problem, because both CK and KCCC are so expensive, I just don't have the money to make both of those my new HG combo. It has to be one or the other - KCCC is pricey enough, but at least when I mix that with Giovanni's strong hold gel, that keeps it affordable for me. OR, if CK worked better than KCCC, I'd use that with the cheaper Giovanni gel. But no way can I justify the cost of the CK and the KCCC as my ongoing combo. Besides, I do think the CK is kind of crappy, and it's just the KCCC that makes it work better - at this point, I'm just trying to use up the CK.
CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
Hair Type - 3A.
Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
LisaF1163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #42

Join Date: Jul 2007

I've always loathed the stuff. I cannot stand the smell (it makes me gag) and it does nothing but make my hair greasy and horrible. I really don't think I've hated a hair product more lol!
kat180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #43

iroc's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009

I liked it a lot, it just took some getting used to.

I had to use it on very wet hair, while still in the shower. Then I had to wait til it was completely dry without touching it at all. When it dried I'd use a tiny bit more to scrunch out the crunch and fluff the roots. And sometimes some Set It Free on the ends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App