Replacement for Redken Solid Water???

I've been using Solid Water for years and I had finally found the combo of products to make my curls gorgeous.

Now Solid Water is discontinued.

Has anyone found a good replacement?

Solid Water is described as "a wet set gel" for "medium/normal control. For a crack-free hold."

Someone please help. I can't stand the way my hair looks without this stuff.
Ok, I read awhile back that it's not discontinued, but now has a different name. There was an article on NC.com about discontinued products and that was one they talked about, although now I can't find it. I can't remember what the name changed to, but hopefully you can find it! Good luck!

EDIT: I found the link. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlco...es.php?id=3450 The new name isn't listed but it says it will soon be relaunched under a new name.
3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok
The entire Redken line is going through a bit of an updating right now. They've just launched 2 new products in the Smooth Down line, so it shouldn't be long for you to find a replacement for Solid Water. They have a product called Water Wax, http://www.redken.com/products/displayProduct.cfm?p=542, but I'm not sure if it has the hold factor that Solid Water had, as it is defined as a pomade .

I just sent an email through the Redken professional site asking about a replacement product. I'll let you know when they get back to me.

I'll also keep my eye out in the trade mags...

I HATE it when they discontinue products with no immediate replacement. GRRRR....
3A fine, growing out from a mohawk
As of 1/07:
Top 7"
Sides 3.5"
JC Aloeba, TooShea (1x wk.), Cleansing Cream (1-2x wk.), RR, CCSS, Kenra Volume Spray, Joico JoiWhip
Want a rockin' curly cut?
East 42nd St. Salon
Well, I can you what's NOT a good replacement for Solid Water. GF Brilliantine Wet Gel. I picked it up a couple days ago, thinking that it might be similar b'coz it has glycerin as the 2nd ingred. Even with the GF Leave in condish that I love, my hair was stiff, hard, & producty. And dry. That's one gel that's going straight into the trash. I hope they do relaunch Solid Water, as it does good things for my hair, esp in winter. The first pix in my album is with this product. The only gel that's given me similar results is HEHDG, also D/C'd.
3B, bra-strap length
laidback, very-modified CGer
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
I'm real tempted to get some Solid Water on ebay, they still have some on there.
I don't think that pomade is the same but maybe from the same line?

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
I was thinking about looking at Ebay too.
I am using the Avedas Be Curly right now as a replacement..
its not bad but it makes me feel like a cokcer spanial.. much tighter ringlets.
which is cute.. but i like the Solid Water effect so much better.

I know there is something new from Redken called Ringlet that looks to be taking the place of Solid Water.. its called a "curl enhancing creme" or something.
but the reviews i've read about Ringlet don't seem to be that good.

has anyone tried it?
I love the aveda be curly but hate trying to get that cone out of my hair.

I'm guessing that this is the replacement. Crystal Curls:

I don't see it on the Redken website yet, but it's one of the CurlMart $75+ freebies. I hope it'll be available in stores soon.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
what a great name! Now they need to post ingredients and where to get it on redken or somewhere so I can try it!
Thanks for the info!

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
Yep, that is the replacement.

Here is the email reply I just got:

Thank you for your interest in Solid Water 06 Wet Setting Gel.

This product is no longer available, and we have no way of obtaining it for you to purchase. We suggest that you try Crystal Curls 06, which is available at salons that use Redken products.

We understand the frustration you must feel concerning the disappearance of a product that you had been using faithfully. It is never easy for us to make the decision to discontinue any of our products or shades and know that in doing so we will create a void that some of our customers may have a difficult time filling. We truly regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
Lisa Webb
Consumer Affairs Specialist
Ref # 3845387
3A fine, growing out from a mohawk
As of 1/07:
Top 7"
Sides 3.5"
Want a rockin' curly cut?
East 42nd St. Salon
Thanks for the update and for going to the trouble.
Now if I could just find the product. So far I cant' find it on the net or ebay or on their site so I'll just have to be patient.

Maybe someone will get the free sample and report back.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
If any of you are by a Blooming Beauty Supply and Salon, you may be in luck ... I was in the store in Fair Oaks mall tonight and found a jar of Solid Water. (It was the last one, though.)
2c; some 3a
Loving CO Bigelow Not Your Ordinary Condish, AG:recoil, and GF Curl-Shaping Spray Gel
I went to the salon at walmart today to look for the cyrstal stuff but alas they had neither solid water nor the new stuff.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
My Albertson's has 4 tubs of Solid Water. I've never even tried this stuff, but now I'm definitely tempted. At $16.99 a tub, it's definitely not something I'm stocking up on. Can't wait to try the curl version though.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

CVS still has the Solid Water
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
For everyone still looking for this, I found three jars at Target (and of course bought one). Does this product work well on its own or should I mix it with something?
3 something
fotki pw: sunday
I've been using it after I put in Rockin' Ringlets and Confident Coils. It makes my hair really crunchy, but once I've scrunched that out it seems to hold up nicely.

Haven't spotted the new Crystal Curls stuff anywhere yet.
2c; some 3a
sunday I used a light leave in under it then the solid water.

I haven't seen the new stuff yet either not even online.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
Wahoo! Just got a tube of Crystal Curls from a little salon. (They also had some Solid Water, so I grabbed a couple tubs of that too. I should be set for a while, huh?)

I scrunched some Crystal Curls in my dry hair just to see what it's like. It smells exactly like Solid Water and also has a light blue hue, but it seems thinner and more gel-like. I'll render a verdict after I've used it to style wet hair.

But if you've been on the lookout for this, definitely keep an eye peeled; looks like it's hitting salons now, at least.
2c; some 3a
Yay just in time to buy it for myself for xmas! Thanks for the heads up I'll watch for it.
I can't wait to hear how you like it in your hair