Hair One vs. Wen

I've heard that the Hair One Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner is a great alternative to the Product Wen. Is this true? What are some of your experiences with these products?
Originally Posted by kayla218
Kayla: I bought Hair One Olive Oil several days ago due to all the high recs on this board. I do not like it at all. I've used it several times and followed the instructions to the T. It left my hair very soft but extremely frizzy. I even tried just using it as a leave-in. Same thing...major frizz! I've put it away until next fall/winter at which time I'll try it again.

I used Wen SAM several years ago but can't really review it since I didn't know what I was doing back then. Hence, I didn't like it back then.
3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
...
Guest
Posts: n/a

Last edited by ...; 07-08-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Originally Posted by kayla218
If you use the Search Feature you'll find several threads about Hair One and Wen.

This is one in Product Reviews, you'll find differing opinions. Look at the hair types of the people posting and their experience with it & compare to your own hair. I love Hair One it works great for me.

Hair One Olive Oil Cleansing Conditioner

Yes it is the comparable to WEN. Just note that Hair One does have Amodimethicone ... for that reason I passed on it so I can't comment on it.
Wen also has A-cone or some type of silicone in them.

Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

You can find it at Sally's for about $10/bottle or the one use packages for $1.69.
Originally Posted by *A*Curly

thanka the quick info on the packaging...i think ill try the smaller one first. What does Amodimethicone do to the hair?

Originally Posted by SheBros

wow that's crazy! thank you for your input im glad to get a different review other than "oh my gosh this product is the bomb"...i love to hear both sides

Hair One Olive Oil Cleansing Conditioner

Wen also has A-cone or some type of silicone in them.

thanks i will definately check out all the other threads
I found the Hair One to be a bit heavier. I didn't care for the scents, but I do love the scent of Wen Sweet Almond Mint.

The Wen has amodimethicone or phenyl trimethicone (can't remember which) , but I believe they are lower down on the ingredient list.

For reference, I have wavy hair, fine to medium texture, more porous.

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a
I am using Wen Fig and and i love the way it tingles the scalp. The menthol can be quite strong though. It really cleans my thick 3b/c hair. My family said my hair was really healthy looking after it was straightened. I tried Hair one Olive oil and it wasn't as easy to detangle as Wen and my scalp didn't tingle or feel as clean. I have extremely thick hair so It might detangle easier for you. Wen to thicker than Hair one IMO.
CG..yep that's me!