Rave for GF Shake Effect

Garnier Fructis Shake Effect Liqui-Gel in Strong: I have been using this for a little while and I really like it. Spray gels work much better for me, as I don't have to touch and separate my curls trying to distribute it. This stuff is cheap and has good hold, though I do think the bottle is too small. I use it up in less than a week.
Thank you for your review, I was just wondering about this product. I would like to try it but I really wish the bottle was way bigger. How do you use it? soaking wet hair? scrunch? or spray shake go? Also how's the hold? thanks
Lotsa 3c curls
Curly Journey Album
Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
isn't the shaker the same ingredients as the other spray gel that comes in a bigger container? I remember someone saying this before on the boards (the old stuff is gone now though so I can search for it)
I've been thinking I need some spray gel for some oomph I might just have to try it.

Thanks for the review
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
SmallFry, I use it on soaking wet hair right out of the shower and some very gentle scrunching. Hold is nice and firm, but not at all crunchy.

Medusahair, I don't think this is the same as the other GF spray gels, if those are the ones you mean...I have the Curl spray and it gives much less hold.
That's good to know, I really thought they were the same. I'll have to try this thanks!
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
Hmm...maybe a spray gel would help me too...I hate breaking up those clumps....
password: wavy
I tried this yesterday, and it was ok. The hold was pretty good and held up most of the day, but it gave me skinnier, less clumpy curls than usual. Also, the bottle is vert oddly shaped, and I had a really hard time using it. I had to hold it in both hands to spray it, since it would slip out if I tried one hand. Because it was so awkward, I ended up missing some spots and had fluffy hair there. When I hot home, I sprayed some into dry hair and scrunched, and it seemed to work better this way. If it was easier to spray, I would probably use up the bottle, but I think I'll only end up using it for touch-ups. I won't re-purchase.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Originally Posted by Bailey422
I have to agree with you, on this review. I bought this and tried it out. Not very impressed. I did not get amazing curls- they actually turned out to be "blah". My main compaints with this is the shape of the bottle, size and how "little" bit of gel comes out with each spray. I have lots of hair and most things that I use, I use LOTS! So this wasn't exactly user friendly, it kept slipping out of my hands, and well I don't think this one is a repurchase. I suppose I'll try and use the rest on 2nd day hair as needed. We'll see how that goes.
Lotsa 3c curls