I'm always afraid of overconditioning these hot summer days, so I'd put my after-poo deep condishes on hiatus (since June, going on 2 months). BUT..I still precondish and use rinse out and, most days, LI.

So, I wanted to try something from my "Haven't used in ages" pile and pulled out the Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner out of hibernation (havent' used it since Dec last year more or less).

I like the smell a lot. How did I forget about that? Floral with a hint of sweetness (is that the licorice?) and herbaliness without being painfully cloying like some of my condishes. It's got wheat protein.

I shot it up with some of my original bottle of SS Repairing Protein Tx (which smells of caramel latte, yeah, I know, the scent mash-up is weird).

Then, cause hair still didn't feel creamed up enough, I slopped in some Jessicurl WDT. Unscented, or really, I don't wanna think about the end-scent result if it had been Island Fantasy...

Oh, yeah, there we go.

I let it sit for hours (respritzing with water as needed) during supper, tv watchng, CurlTalking, reading, pre-pedicure. Then I used all AG for hair (as I wanted guaranteed nice curls for going out today to doc and lunch with sis).

Well, hair loved it. Really nice bit of shine, much reduced frizz (even with my rough manner of diffusing for volume, even with clipping), and the curl had sproinged up nicely (more consistent curlage than last "recovering from sulfate incident" poo, showing I needed the protein).

It was just a spur of the moment mish-mash, but my hair liked it so much, I may do that again.

So, if you have these products and your hair likes protein, give it a shot.

In case you wanna see ingredients:

JC NRC: http://www.curlmart.com/The-Jane-Car...ner-p-528.html
Ingredients: Water, behentrimonium, methosulphate,lanolinmidopropyletyldimonium, ethosulphate, cetyl alcohol, cetearloctonoate, lactamide MEA, olea europea (olice) fruit oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, hdroxypropyl polysiloxane, propylparaben, propylem glycol, diozolidinyl urea, methylparaben, sage extract, rosemary extrac, basil extract, mulein extract, licorice extract, thyme extract, fragrance

JC WDT : http://www.curlmart.com/store/produc...6&cat=0&page=1

Ingredients: Water infused with Lemongrass, Nettle, Burdock, Kelp, Marshmallow Root, Horsetail, Basil, Bay Leaf, Oregano, Rosemary, Peppermint, Sage and Thyme, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil,Cocoa Butter, Lecithin, Aloe Vera Powder, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

SS RPT: http://www.etsy.com/listing/51772058...treatment-8-oz

Ingredients: water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, ricebran oil, stearyl alcohol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed rice protein, hydrolyzed oat protein, glyceryl stearate (and) cetearyl alcohol (and) sodium stearoyl lactylate, glycol stearate, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, sodium pca, mentha piperita (pepperment) leaf extract (and) yucca leaf extract (and) equisetum arvense (horsetail) leaf extract (and) urtica dioica (nettle) leaf extract (and) melissa officinalis (melissa) leaf extract, hydrolyzed jojoba protein, panthenol, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, phenoxyethanol (and) benzoic acid (and) dehydroacetic acid, fragrance
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Last edited by MirCurls; 07-30-2010 at 03:25 PM.