question on Carol's Daughter Blitz on QVC- does this stuff really work???

Carol's daughter being featured on HSN as I type- according to those before and after pics on the models, the Hair Milk is miraculous. I don't really like those products- has anyone tried this stuff- Lisa Price looks real convincing. Have the products changed that much?
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, As I Am Curling Gelly,
Sealant- Castor, sweet almond oil,Hairveda Vegetal soya oil KBB hair cream
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!

Wanted to like the products. The hair milk left my hair dry and greasy at the same time. For the money, there are an infinite number of products that are MUCH better!

don't know what your hair type is but this product line was made for coarse, tightly coiled hair. that said, there are better choices out there. She uses a lot of beeswax in her products. Go over to the 4a forum. there's a carol's daughter thread. HTH

Last edited by sassywillow; 08-30-2010 at 07:32 AM.
I've tried a few items from the CD line. I did not like the Hair Milk at all. Left my hair feeling very producty and stringy. I used it several times to no avail. I did like her Black Vanilla Shampoo but didn't care for the Hair Smoothy. I find her products to be way too heavy for my hair type.
3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
The only CD product that works for me is the Black Vanilla Smoothie. I tried the Black Vanilla leave-in--the more I used it, the more it dried out my hair.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
This list is not exhaustive...
Pre-treat:various oils

Shampoo/
Clarifier:Malibu Hard Water Wellness Shampoo
PT: Gold Medal's Herbal Tame
DT:
Smooth Sexy Hair Sulfate-Free Smoothing Conditioner
LI/Detangler: various
Stylers: Lush Zeste Hair Gel

*experimenting and loving it!

Thanks everyone- enuf said! Glad I kept my card in my wallet.
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, As I Am Curling Gelly,
Sealant- Castor, sweet almond oil,Hairveda Vegetal soya oil KBB hair cream
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!

Actually, of ALL products we have in this home (Ouidad, KCCC, Curl Keeper, and CD Hair Milk), I like CD Hair Milk BEST for my little girl, who has type 4a or 4b hair. It just does SOMETHING to how it looks and feels. It did NOT work well at ALL on my type 3 hair, but yep, it's GREAT on my li'l girl.
Robin
I love Jesus!
Just learning the ropes
Hairtype: 3b (me thinks)
I don't think CD products are that great. The Hairmilk is okay for me. The Black Vanilla Shampoo and Conditioner is okay, not worth the price to me. I can find things at the drugstore that work just as well if not better. The Black Vanilla leave in was horrible; left my hair really dry. The Hairbalm left my hair flakey.