Curly Girl Lavendar spray

I was going to make some up, and wondered if anyone has success with this on 2nd or 3rd day curls?
3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
Jessicurl styling in summer
Natures Gate poo & condish
Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!

I love lavender, it perks my second-day curls right up. It also adds a little shine and makes my hair smell awesome.
I make it over and over! I use distilled water, lavender essential oil and fill a large spray bottle.
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity

Curl Enhancer:
CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler,CJRM
Does the spray "spoil" over time? Maybe you ladies don't have it hanging around unused long enough to find out. I just hate having to keep things in the fridge to prevent them from spoiling.
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
Either I use too much (I do mist and diffuse every day) or I make just enough because mine has not spoiled yet. Mine is kept under the sink in the bathroon. The jug of distilled water will last a long time.
I think someone also said that the essential oil can have antibac qualities, but I do not know.
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity

Curl Enhancer:
CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler,CJRM
I haven't tried this yet, but I've seen previously posted in other threads that lavender (and other essential oils) can be purchased at Whole Foods type stores or online.

Is lavender oil drying at all to hair?
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
Vitacost.com has the best prices and carry a lot of hair products, among other things! Great prices and 4.99 to ship no matter how much you buy - and they just ran a free shipping deal, but it might be over now......

3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
Jessicurl styling in summer
Natures Gate poo & condish
Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!
No problems with spoilage here. I use distilled water (which is sterile) to make mine, and just add the EO to the gallon jug. Before pouring more into my spray bottle, I give it a good shake.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008

Originally Posted by Botticelli Bel
How much lavender do you use & do you mix it with water in a spray bottle?
I only use a few drops of the essential oil, and have never noticed a problem with dryness after using my homemade spray. Some people add a bit of conditioner to it too, so you could do that if it seemed to be drying.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008
Just for kicks, I pulled out my copy of Curly Girl to see what the Lavender Mist recipe (p. 53) called for.

1/2 gallon water
5 drops pure (not synthetic) lavender essential oil
3 empty spray bottles

1. Fill a large pot with half gallon of water.
2. Cover, bring to boil, and simmer for an hour to get rid of impurities.
3. Remove from heat, add lavender oil, and replace lid.
4. Let steep until cool, then pour into empty spray bottles.

So using distilled water makes boiling the water unnecessary? I would have used more than 5 drops per half-gallon, that's for sure. But I guess that's a starting point.
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
I do love this stuff! It doesn't spoil, if you used distilled water...
I also have the Deva mist ...it has lavender too - LOVE the smell of it and works great!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

for the love of the lens...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com

1/2 gallon water
5 drops pure (not synthetic) lavender essential oil
3 empty spray bottles

1. Fill a large pot with half gallon of water.
2. Cover, bring to boil, and simmer for an hour to get rid of impurities.
3. Remove from heat, add lavender oil, and replace lid.
4. Let steep until cool, then pour into empty spray bottles.

Originally Posted by Spiralli
Awesome, I'm going to TJ's this weekend, so going to get some oil & try this recipe. I can always tweak it at a later time...although 3 bottles I imagine will last me a very loooong time!
I do love this stuff! It doesn't spoil, if you used distilled water...
Originally Posted by TaraVictoria
I bought a bottle of this & can't use it. I'm now convinced that Deva products & my hair aren't compatible (tried something before as well). You're right though-smells so great!