Old 12-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #1

Default Nature's Gate

Somewhere I read people going shampooless liked the Nature Gate conditioner/ products. I was referred to this site by a fellow CG. What do you all think about this one, is it CG safe? Because I think I know a place close by where I can get these products. Thanks ahead of time. What is the story on soy products? I keep reading good things about them.
3B, CG,Corkscrew
Xtramoist shampoo, Fastfood leave on, Recoil, varnish Gel-Herbal Essances, Totally Twisted
Old 12-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #2

medusahair's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006

I wonder where this product is sold? That looks CG friendly. I dont' see a problem with it.
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
medusahair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #3

Default Healthfood stores.

Thanks, I think at healthfood stores. I am going to check it out, I will let you know.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:51 AM   #4

LadyCurlyLocks's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Send a message via Yahoo to LadyCurlyLocks

Nature's Gate conditioners are great for CG-ers! I love them myself, and hope the one you chose works well for you, too. GL!!
3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
LadyCurlyLocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:07 PM   #5

Join Date: Jul 2006

I think I've seen Nature's Gate products at GNC and Vitamin Shoppe. They are definitely carried at Whole Foods and the grocery store Wegman's.

I've used the Jojoba Conditioner, and I really like it-very moisturizing and great consistency. It works well as a co-wash and rinses out very easily.

LadyCurlyLocks, your avatar makes me crack up I just read a story in the newspaper last week about a guy who bought the house which was used on the set of A Christmas Story. He also had a business manufacturing and selling lamps like the one in the movie that looked like a woman's leg.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #6

Default Thanks

Ladycurly and Sherry- thanks. It is ironic, I knew the name rang a bell. It turns out I had bought a bunch of this from my healthfood store previously because 1) I liked it, it had a little henna too 2) It was on major sale for $2 a bottle. Hey for a long hair curly red, that was too much to pass up. Now that I am on CG it is better yet. The one I bought tonight was more, but still great. I got the moisturizing conditioner, at the local healthfood store. As the curl turns, to be continued.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #7

Join Date: Aug 2001

Okay, this is just spooky!! I bought my first bottle of NG Herbal Condish for like maybe $4 on Friday and used it today for the first time!!

I love it! It gave me awesome ringlets and smells neat. I love that it's more natural and I really love that it's so inexpensive.

My local Vitamin Shop had it I think.

I'm in heaven that I found another condish that's super cheap and easy to get. That way I can alternate and not tear through my Back to Basics as quickly anymore.
3b (I think!)
HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
CurlieGlamourGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #8

Join Date: Nov 2006

CurlieGlamour- That is great. I love my Nature's Gate. I originally got the henna one, before going Curly Girl. It made my hair more red, and oh so soft. Really like it.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #9

Old 12-11-2006, 11:31 AM   #10

Old 12-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #11

Old 12-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #12

laurabeth33's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2003

ewg.org is a hoax site that has been sited by many and has an alarmist attitude about everything. I wouldn't loose sleep over it.
laurabeth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #13

Laura- what is ewg.org? Thanks
Old 12-14-2006, 01:14 AM   #14

Join Date: Dec 2006
Default NG Jojoba &/or Hemp Conditioners

I've used 2 of Nature's Gate's conditioners: the jojoba - for damaged hair and the Hemp - for dry frizzy hair. Both are great! They moisturize nicely, are not "contaminated" with -cones, waxes or harsh chemicals and the scents are very light.

Unfortunately, they are only sold at one store in my town and even then, they are not on the shelf for long.
3A/3B type chest-lenght color-treaded. Tends to be dry with some frizz, year-round. (Check out my fotki)
*****************************************
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
ruqayya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #15

Join Date: Nov 2006

Ruqqyya- I just read on another one of my posts that Nature's Gate has petroleum and mineral oil. I was dissappointed, but I am going to check it out. I do love that conditioner. Yes, it is hard to find it here too. I am going to use my Suave today but will check into my NG. I will let you know. I am saddened by this too.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:51 AM   #16

Kaia's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by RedheadCurly2007
Laura- what is ewg.org? Thanks
That's the website you linked in your original post.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:15 PM   #17

Join Date: Nov 2006

Bailey- oh I was not thinking, the ewg did not ring a bell. LOL

I read my ingredients on NG Herbal, no petroleum or mineral oil. That is good, I was relieved.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:36 PM   #18

mafalda's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2004

I've tried the Natures Gate Hemp CO too, and it's pretty good for CG. I was purposely looking for a more natural CO that didn't have any proteins in it. I get it at Whole Foods.
"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done."- Harriet Beecher Stowe
mafalda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #19

Join Date: Nov 2006

Mafalda- I believe you can order them online too if necessary. Good curling...
Old 12-21-2006, 08:53 PM   #20

bubbles76's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to bubbles76

Yes, you can get them online as well. I used to order online, until my local commissary started selling them. Yea!
Last Relaxer August 15, 2004