Old 09-18-2010, 07:41 AM   #1

Join Date: Sep 2010
Lightbulb Need a sulfate and paraben free anti-dandruff shampoo!

I'm looking for a shampoo that's sulfate and paraben free that's formulated for dry, flaky, itchy scalp. After careful observation I realize that sulfates make my scalp very unhappy. I've heard of Herbal Choice Tea Tree Shampoo. Has anyone tried this or have any other recommendations? My scalp and I thank you!

Hair: 4b
Wash/Co-wash/Deep Condish: Sulfate/paraben free. I keep the silicone to a minimum. (I mix it up as my budget allows!)
Old 09-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #2

rymorg2's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by rubycurlgirl View Post

the only one I've found that's both paraben and sulfate free is Nioxin's scalp medicating cleanser. It really is wonderful though!!!

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
rymorg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #3

Talking Thank you!

Originally Posted by rymorg2 View Post
Originally Posted by rubycurlgirl View Post

Thank you so much. And that is available at most store, I think. Good, good! ****EDIT**** I found out that it's in salons only but some are local to me.

Oil: African Royale Hot Six

Last edited by rubycurlgirl; 09-18-2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Additional information
Old 09-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #4

Curly_Jammy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009

Tea Tree really works of my scalp. I use non-SLS:
Trader Joes Tea tree shampoo
Giovannis Tea tree shampoo
Chargin Valley Tea tree shampoo bars.

The bars dont have parbens, and I belive natures Gate makes I tea tree shampoo

Originally Posted by Curly_Jammy View Post
Tea Tree really works of my scalp. I use non-SLS:
Trader Joes Tea tree shampoo
Giovannis Tea tree shampoo
Chargin Valley Tea tree shampoo bars.

The bars dont have parbens, and I belive natures Gate makes I tea tree shampoo

I didn't consider shampoo bars. Thank you. And I love Tea Tree! That tingly feeling makes me happy..LOL!

Old 09-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #6

abstractcurls's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010

Shea Moisture Balancing shampoo and conditioner is supposed to be good for dandruff as well as other skin problems.

Last edited by abstractcurls; 10-03-2010 at 02:51 PM.
abstractcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #7

Reeky's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009

I havent seen dandruff in forever.. i just recently noticed my scalp is SO much healthier than it used to be! I dont really mess with medicated products, those never really helped anyway.. Ive had more success using herbs.

I regularly use an herbal shampoo, do acv & herbal tea rinses and scalp massages.. I think all these help!

At first, I was using Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle shampoo (which I recommend) then I switched to Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars (I love Herb Garden & Ayurvedic, theyve also decreased my shedding) which if your interested in, I recommend as well.

Another shampoo im interested in that has great ingredients is Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue, you can also check out Dr.Woods Tea Tree or Peppermint soaps & the shea moisture abstractcurls mentioned.

When I pre-poo I do always do a scalp massage with oil, and I sometimes spritz my scalp and hair with an herbal tea & massage with that too! Pamper your scalp LoL
dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)

Reeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #8

Join Date: Sep 2010

I haven't done a pre-shampoo before but that's definitely worth a try.