Old 09-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #21

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

Originally Posted by empressri View Post
Originally Posted by Naturalista View Post

really!? Then you're def going to have to tell me which BSS you find it in. I haven't seen many BSS in Manhattan/BK with JC.
what?? all the bss near metrotech in that area sell JC, plus deva, joico, mizani, alter ego...
Oh.. see I work in flatbush and once I'm on the train, I'm back in Harlem. I'll have to check Metrotech.
ill just give you a shout if i see it, im in the bss all of the time when i go on my walks. ill let you know if they have it
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
empressri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:25 AM   #22

Starmie's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by Starmie View Post
The ingredients are listed at the bottom of the page. I clicked on the "more info" link on the page empressri posted and down at the bottom there's an ingredients link - all the products are listed. Unfortunately it has glycerin in wihich is a no-no for me.
I found the ingredients for the Hair Nourishing Creme, but not the Curl Defining Creme.
Oops, you're right. There's hope yet then- there may be no glycerin in it.
3b in South Australia.
Starmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #23

curry curls's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

I found *one* ingredient. Copy and paste from some interview:

6. Is there anything new or exciting that we can expect from Jane Carter Solution in the future?

Yep. We’re getting ready to introduce this product called Curl Defining Cream for natural hair because I get a hundred questions about wash-n-wear hair and it shrinking. It’s really a great product. We use avocado oil in it. It’s a cream and you put it in your hair wet. We’ve gotten great results. So within the next month, we’ll get that on the market.

Avocado oil is nice, but my hair doesn't really love oils left in it when it's wet. When dry, it's no problem to use them. I wonder if damp hair would work.

**I found a little more info:

Curl Defining Cream is made with shea and exotic butters, essential oils and delicately whipped into a cream for curly and coily hair
Started CG July 8, 2008

Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in/Styling: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on top

Last edited by curry curls; 09-29-2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: adding info
curry curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #24

Originally Posted by Starmie View Post
The cream's not listed. $34?? I want to try to, but....damn. I'm using a $5.00 jar of Vigorols Curl Cream and loving it. Of course, it's not natural.

Wonder how the new stuff smells. Only product I seriously love from her line is the Nourish and Shine.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #25

Join Date: Dec 2009

Still cannot find the ingreds and I see she has ignored requests on her blog for them. And I was all happy to see the $5 off coupon code until I saw the SHIPPING! $10? Riiiiight. I am over it.
4a/3c curls
Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
Team Wash and Go!
iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
3c4d7zwhatevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #26

Join Date: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by sagehen View Post
$10 shipping?? Hopefully this will be in stores soon... but then again, I still don't know if I'm ready to pay $34 for it
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #27

curry curls's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

Hey, I found these ingredients listed for the cream from someone who bought it and posted somewhere:

Purified water, Extracts of Anthemis Noblis Flower (Camomile), Symphytum Officinal Leaf (Comfrey), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Urtica Dioca (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) of Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Glycerin, Propanediol, Poly-quaternium-200, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-37, Ceteareth 20, Phen-oxyethanol, Caprylyl, Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance..

Started CG July 8, 2008

Naturalista's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010

Originally Posted by curry curls View Post

It would have glycerin in it. Sigh...
ANOTHER Shea butter based formula? Ughhhhh!! As a PJ I feel like noone is truly being creative anymore. I'll pass.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam

Facebook|Twitter
Naturalista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #29

Join Date: Jun 2009

SHEA BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Womp womp, I'm doing just fine with my Bee Mine.
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
EllyEllyOxenFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #30

Join Date: May 2006

Think I'll stick with the Vigorol Curl Cream and scrunch in shea butter or whatever beneath or over.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #31

Join Date: Sep 2006

Hair type: 4a/b...

Constantly seeking the perfect product combinations. I just want healthy and manageable hair!!!

Natural hair photo journey, starting October 2006: http://public.fotki.com/masscurly/
password: healthyhair
masscurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #32

afrosheenqueen's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2000

Originally Posted by curry curls View Post

It would have glycerin in it. Sigh...
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
afrosheenqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #33

QVCDiva's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

Since my hair doesn't like shea butter, all these products with shea butter in them are saving me tons of money.
Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
BC: 01/30/09
Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
QVCDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #34

Join Date: Aug 2008

it's at curlmart now. the ingredients are listed there too. a 25% off coupon code is offered on her facebook page.
artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:37 AM   #35

periwrinkle's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010

I'll probably pass also. Every new product does seem to be the same nowadays. Oh, I did see this posted on her FB page though for those wwho do want to try it.

Jane CarterAnd
don't forget for my Facebook Fans and Friends I am offering a special
discount 25% off Curl Defining Cream with the coupon code: CDCFB25.
Valid through next Monday at Midnight

Thursday at 5:33am ˇ Comment ˇLikeUnlike ˇ

Hair Type: 3c/4a

Still searching for my staple products. Maybe I can be faithful to a set of products one day.

Last edited by periwrinkle; 10-03-2010 at 07:41 AM.
periwrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #36

pjjosephgiss's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010

I think it will take a slammin' review (hint hint, empressri!) for me to take this plunge!
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, As I Am Curling Gelly,
Sealant- Castor, sweet almond oil,Hairveda Vegetal soya oil KBB hair cream
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!

pjjosephgiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #37

Originally Posted by masscurly View Post

Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post

I didn't need to know that, missie! That place is hell on my wallet.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #38

tonsofcurlz's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by masscurly View Post

Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post

Do you remember if this is the regular price or on sale? I'm wondering how much time I have to get there to check it out.
3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
Low Poos:
MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
tonsofcurlz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #40

empressri's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007

bump

FINALLY got around to using mind and im sort of surprised, it seems promising.

will see once my hair dries.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders