Jane Carter curl defining cream

really!? Then you're def going to have to tell me which BSS you find it in. I haven't seen many BSS in Manhattan/BK with JC.
Originally Posted by Naturalista
what?? all the bss near metrotech in that area sell JC, plus deva, joico, mizani, alter ego...
Originally Posted by empressri
Oh.. see I work in flatbush and once I'm on the train, I'm back in Harlem. I'll have to check Metrotech.
Originally Posted by Naturalista
ill just give you a shout if i see it, im in the bss all of the time when i go on my walks. ill let you know if they have it
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
The ingredients are listed at the bottom of the page. I clicked on the "more info" link on the page empressri posted and down at the bottom there's an ingredients link - all the products are listed. Unfortunately it has glycerin in wihich is a no-no for me.
Originally Posted by Starmie
I found the ingredients for the Hair Nourishing Creme, but not the Curl Defining Creme.
Originally Posted by JLeighs
Oops, you're right. There's hope yet then- there may be no glycerin in it.
3b in South Australia.
I found *one* ingredient. Copy and paste from some interview:

6. Is there anything new or exciting that we can expect from Jane Carter Solution in the future?

Yep. We’re getting ready to introduce this product called Curl Defining Cream for natural hair because I get a hundred questions about wash-n-wear hair and it shrinking. It’s really a great product. We use avocado oil in it. It’s a cream and you put it in your hair wet. We’ve gotten great results. So within the next month, we’ll get that on the market.

Avocado oil is nice, but my hair doesn't really love oils left in it when it's wet. When dry, it's no problem to use them. I wonder if damp hair would work.

**I found a little more info:

Curl Defining Cream is made with shea and exotic butters, essential oils and delicately whipped into a cream for curly and coily hair
Started CG July 8, 2008

Pre Co-wash: Coconut oil (plain & rosemary)
Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in/Styling: Moisture Maniac with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on top

Last edited by curry curls; 09-29-2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: adding info
Originally Posted by JLeighs
The cream's not listed. $34?? I want to try to, but....damn. I'm using a $5.00 jar of Vigorols Curl Cream and loving it. Of course, it's not natural.

Wonder how the new stuff smells. Only product I seriously love from her line is the Nourish and Shine.

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Still cannot find the ingreds and I see she has ignored requests on her blog for them. And I was all happy to see the $5 off coupon code until I saw the SHIPPING! $10? Riiiiight. I am over it.
4a/3c curls
Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
Team Wash and Go!
iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
Originally Posted by sagehen
$10 shipping?? Hopefully this will be in stores soon... but then again, I still don't know if I'm ready to pay $34 for it
Hey, I found these ingredients listed for the cream from someone who bought it and posted somewhere:

Purified water, Extracts of Anthemis Noblis Flower (Camomile), Symphytum Officinal Leaf (Comfrey), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Urtica Dioca (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) of Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Glycerin, Propanediol, Poly-quaternium-200, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-37, Ceteareth 20, Phen-oxyethanol, Caprylyl, Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance..

Started CG July 8, 2008

Pre Co-wash: Coconut oil (plain & rosemary)
Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in/Styling: Moisture Maniac with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on top

Originally Posted by curry curls
ANOTHER Shea butter based formula? Ughhhhh!! As a PJ I feel like noone is truly being creative anymore. I'll pass.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
SHEA BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Womp womp, I'm doing just fine with my Bee Mine.
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
Think I'll stick with the Vigorol Curl Cream and scrunch in shea butter or whatever beneath or over.

Hair type: 4a/b...

Constantly seeking the perfect product combinations. I just want healthy and manageable hair!!!

Natural hair photo journey, starting October 2006: http://public.fotki.com/masscurly/
password: healthyhair

Originally Posted by curry curls
Originally Posted by Naturalista
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
Since my hair doesn't like shea butter, all these products with shea butter in them are saving me tons of money.
Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
BC: 01/30/09
Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
it's at curlmart now. the ingredients are listed there too. a 25% off coupon code is offered on her facebook page.
I'll probably pass also. Every new product does seem to be the same nowadays. Oh, I did see this posted on her FB page though for those wwho do want to try it.

Jane CarterAnd
don't forget for my Facebook Fans and Friends I am offering a special
discount 25% off Curl Defining Cream with the coupon code: CDCFB25.
Valid through next Monday at Midnight

Thursday at 5:33am ˇ Comment ˇLikeUnlike ˇ

Hair Type: 3c/4a

Still searching for my staple products. Maybe I can be faithful to a set of products one day.

Last edited by periwrinkle; 10-03-2010 at 07:41 AM.
I think it will take a slammin' review (hint hint, empressri!) for me to take this plunge!
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, As I Am Curling Gelly,
Sealant- Castor, sweet almond oil,Hairveda Vegetal soya oil KBB hair cream
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!

Originally Posted by masscurly
I didn't need to know that, missie! That place is hell on my wallet.

Originally Posted by masscurly
Do you remember if this is the regular price or on sale? I'm wondering how much time I have to get there to check it out.
3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
Low Poos:
MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
Cass reviewed it:

BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

bump

FINALLY got around to using mind and im sort of surprised, it seems promising.

will see once my hair dries.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders