Old 04-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #41

Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #42

Maci's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009

Got a large sample in a swap, but I don't think I'll purchase a jar. Too expensive for what it did for me.

I put 2 quarter sized globs into shoulder length very wet hair. (yes I need to update my avatar. my hair is much shorter now.) It has a strong natural smell, much like her other products and AO. That's all I put in my hair to see how it performs. I didn't style it or nothing. Just let it air dry an hour or so and put a sleep cap on went to bed. The next day my hair had good definition and non-crunchy hold, but my curls were smashed and 'set'.

This would be good for a twist out to give your hair control. The moisture level was low-medium. This is heavier on the oils than most creams.

Overall, this is not a stand alone product especially for a wash 'n go. I didn't like the smell. Normally I like natural smells, but this is too medicinal. This didn't do anything for me that I can't get from Komaza coconut milk, Lustrasilk LI or other hair creams. If you do twist outs, this might be a good 'foundation' product. The price is high compared to similar products.

I still have 2 oz in the sample bottle I have if anyone wants to try it.
Spirals, curls & waves, Med-Coarse Texture, Med Porosity, Low Elasticity
Maci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #43

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
OMG! Dang, I wish I hadn't opened this post. Your hair looks beautiful Naturalista! Now I'm gonna have to go to the BSS tomorrow and pick this up. I've been hesistant to take the plunge because none of her other products have worked for me. But now you've got be itching to buy it.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #44

Old 04-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #45

rosscd's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009

Ok Naturalista,

Tried it twice and still did not like the feel. It seemed to overly coat my hair and I had to use sulfate shampoo to get out. Soooo let me know if you want first dibs before I put on the swap board.

4a Curly

Been natural since Jan 09. BCing is my thing!! Love to keep a tight TWA!

My Staples:
CJ Smoothing Conitioner, CJ Daily Fix,Cherry Lola Treatment, CJ CCCC, CJ Smoothing Lotion, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Majic, KCCC, Eco Blue and KMF UMG
rosscd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #46

Join Date: Nov 2010

So is that why my hair has been feeling weird this week? I can't really explain it but my hair feels dry and different. Even after I cowash and use my qhemet leave ins my hair hasn't felt right this week. Other than that I do like the definition and elongation. I'm gonna have to poo tonight.

Sent from my Droid using CurlTalk App
Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 AM   #47

Atleast I gave it a valiant try.
hmm... how much are you using?? You really dont need much. Sorry it didnt work out for you though.

It worked great on my naked hair, but perhaps a light LI like KCKT or DBLI would be helpful? Hmm...

Old 04-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #48

rosscd's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009

Atleast I gave it a valiant try.

I used a little per section. I like the way my hair turned out that day; but when I went to apply moisturizers that evening it just sat on top of my hair.

I tried to co-wash the next morning and my hair just felt funny. No worries, I realize I don't like products that really coat my hair.

My hair likes really light products like cj smoothing lotion.

And Nat, don't ever apologize for a product not working for someone else. What works for one does not work for all. We are ALL out here experimenting to see what works best for us. If it was not for you, I would not have found my CJ Love....
4a Curly

Been natural since Jan 09. BCing is my thing!! Love to keep a tight TWA!

My Staples:
rosscd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #49

Atleast I gave it a valiant try.

My hair felt better today after I washed my hair last night and used my Qhemet CTDG, AOHC & OHHB and the gel. I'm wondering if it's the shea butter that doesn't work for me. My hair has also felt weird after using Komaza's califia pudding, DM SBC and DCCC and Shea Moisture's Original Leave-In. I'm not ready to give up yet though. I'm gonna experiment this weekend before I call it a wrap.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #50

Join Date: Sep 2009

Dang Rosscd im so sorry it didnt work out for you, This stuff is the best curl cream Ive ever tried, my hair dries soft and boingy, if i want more hold i apply some eco styler and Im good to go!!
Cerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #51

so1913's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to so1913

I finally got around to trying this and honestly, it's not terrible! I don't feel like I've wasted money on it just yet lol. Pluses so far is it does dry weightless and smooths nicely onto the hair. It does define pretty well and is not greasy at all. I did sit under a dryer, and I'm usually never happy with how my hair comes out when I do that, so will try diffusing. It's not as moisturizing as I expected it to be once dry, though and can be a little "stiff" but no stiffer than Eco Styler. It didn't do much elongation, as a matter of fact, even after stretching, it seemed to shrink back up lol. I will try this again with KCKT as my leave in underneath as I do when I use Eco styler which helps with a softer set. I'm looking to keep styling simple, so if I have to use more than one leave in underneath this styling product for good results, it's not what I'm looking for.

So for me the verdict is still out, but after the first pass, moderate results.
pw: progress

Last edited by so1913; 04-12-2011 at 11:36 AM.
so1913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:52 AM   #52

so1913's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via AIM to so1913

Ok, I've had a chance to try it a few ways and finally got to how it works best. Today I used only the JC revitalizing leave in which is a liquid leave in, rinsing all conditioner from CW out where I would usually leave some in. The curl defining cream worked exactly how it stated this time around. My curls were elongated and defined with shine. I did not have the need to stretch my curls with the blow dryer afterwards. The cream gives and firm hold vs hard/crunchy and the curls are separated and move after sotc. I did try it with the kcnt underneath and the results were less defined, less hold, and more shrinkage.

I do see this as being too heavy and the hold too strong for those with curls under 3C type.

I would say if you have this and have only tried it with a creamy leave in under it, try it with a liquid leave in to see how it performs. Right now, I do liking this product.

Sent from my DROID2 using CurlTalk App
pw: progress
so1913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:18 AM   #53

Originally Posted by so1913 View Post

Sent from my DROID2 using CurlTalk App
Thanks for the tip. So far I only used qhemets AOHC underneath it. I will def try a lighter leave in this weekend.

Sent from my Droid using CurlTalk App
Old 06-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #54

Join Date: Apr 2012

Anymore reviews??
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density) Dry Climate
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, DB CC, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, TN, Giovanni SAS, Kenra, CJ CR/CJ RM
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, UFDCM, Gel-les'C, SM hair milk, JC Spiralicious

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Curlsnswirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #55

chicabelleza's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011

This stuff is now definitely a HG product for me. A little goes a very long way, so the 6oz I got from target should last me a while. I use it over my leave in after I wash or cowash. I've been getting third day hair with this stuff!

Sent from my M886 using CurlTalk App
chicabelleza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #56

Jeliah's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011

The product it's self isn't too bad. My wash n go looked decent, nothing too spectacular. Its the smell I can't get past. This stuff reminds me of lemon pledge and I refuse to walk around all day smelling like furniture polish.
Jeliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #57

chicabelleza's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011

Hahaha lemon pledge! That's what it smells like, I couldn't place it. I don't care for the smell either but the Aussie 3 minute miracle that I use as a leave in really overpowers it with a coconut smell

Sent from my M886 using CurlTalk App