Marc Anthony Curl Envy Perfect Curl Cream

After using strictly CG, expensive, CurlTalk-approved products, I've made the decision to return back to "good" silicones that are removable by low-poo, so that I could expand the pool of products available to me. Now that I've done that I'm really glad I tried this cream out. I've been using it for a week and I get consistently soft, conditioned curls. In my opinion, the results I get from this cream are very similar to the results I get from Curl Junkie's CoffeeCoco Curl Creme at a much cheaper price. Sure, if you are a purist for aloe and all the other good stuff CJ products have, this cream obviously wouldn't cut it. But the results I get really are comparable As with most products, I do get a little bit of crunch that's easily scrunched out.

By the way, the picture on the cover is what sold me even though I knew those curls were obviously artificial. lol. The actual result applied to wet hair and air dried/blow dried will obviously look more natural, but still very beautiful.

I'll post a picture once I get one!

Posting and You - A must watch
Found a pic from last weekend!

This is my hair using the Marc Anthony Perfect Curl cream over a small amount of DevaCurl Set it Free for extra frizz protection. I styled my hair that morning, and as you can see my hair lasted well into the next one!
Attached Thumbnails
Marc Anthony Curl Envy Perfect Curl Cream-67793_169248036419419_100000026706437_645365_5825178_n.jpg

Posting and You - A must watch
Looks good What's the ingredient list on the creme?
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
Wow! Your hair looks beautiful. I think I'm going to try this out. I wash my hair all the time anyway, so I figure I'll wash out the cones pretty easily. How often do you wash your hair and what poo do you use?

shoulder length long layered 2b/3a lots of it
wash: Live Clean shampoo Abba pure curl Mop c hydrating
cond: suave coconut Goldwell curly twist
Protein: Redken Extreme Cat
style: Ag:recoil Deva Mist-er right
Your hair looks great! Putting this on my list to buy right now- thanks!
shampoo bars, GVP K-Pak, Abba Pure Gentle Leave-in, Mop curl cream, Babaii Mousse and BRHG
Looks good What's the ingredient list on the creme?
Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs
I second that emotion, a product review needs ingredients
2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE
Love all SS products
Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
AG MousseGel
BRHG
Ingredients:

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Soyabean Lipid (Glycine Soja), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil (Persea Gratissima), Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum, Citric Acid (CI 19140)

So basically it's a styler made primarily of conditioning agents. I've had zero problems with dryness so far. Interestingly my hair dries much faster with this stuff than with other products... I wonder if it's the silicones?

Oh yeah forgot to mention... my current, ever-changing routine is...
Shampoo (every wash): Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream (always go back to this!)
Rinse-out conditioner: Alberto VO5 vs. Curl Junkie (I honestly notice a near-insignificant difference between rinse-outs on my hair, since I already use such a great low-poo, so lately I've been going for the cheap one!)
Stylers: DevaCurl Set it Free sprayed on my hands and applied (sometimes I forget this), followed by the Marc Anthony Perfect Curl Cream. I think next time I'll try it topped with a harder hold gel and see what happens.
I've been air-drying my hair lately, but the cream works well with a diffuser as well.
Any frizz after the hair is dried is smoothed over by a little more Set it Free, sprayed on hands first as always.

Posting and You - A must watch

Last edited by CurlieTop; 10-24-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Ingredients:

Oh yeah forgot to mention... my current, ever-changing routine is...
Shampoo (every wash): Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream (always go back to this!)
Originally Posted by CurlieTop
This is exactly the kind of product that sends purists running for the hills Your hair looks great. Good call using a cleanser containing a stronger surfactant then co-washing. There was a great article about Mineral oil by the curl chemist.

Mineral oil is completely hydrophobic (water-hating), and for that reason needs to be washed with a surfactant-containing shampoo. It is easily removed though, and does not require harsh products. Something that contains mild surfactants such as sodium cocoyl isethionate or cocamidopropyl betaine should be completely fine. Another thing to be aware of is that dirt is often attracted to these simple organic oils, and so second or third day hair may begin to look a bit unkempt, depending upon your environment.
curl chemist on mineral oil
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Tried it topped with LA looks yesterday. Got nice, long lasting, shiny-appearing curls... that were kinda dry and rough to the touch :b (which is NOT the case if I use the cream alone.) To be honest I always have that problem with LA Looks, probably because of the large amount of proteins it has. I miss the days when it worked wonders for me!! Ah well

Del2C - interesting! I actually didn't know why people hated mineral oil so much until now. Thanks for copying/pasting that

I'll keep this thread updated if I start having problems with this product down the road!

Posting and You - A must watch

Last edited by CurlieTop; 10-26-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Originally Posted by CurlieTop
You're welcome!! I'm surprised you never heard of the mineral/petroleum hatred among CG'ers. It will not co-wash out. LA Looks does have a ton of protein. As much as I can tolerate protein more then I used to, LA looks is still disastrous on me! Anything high in Keratin or hyrdro wheat is this way on my hair.
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Originally Posted by DEL2C
Haha no I definitely knew about the hatred for mineral oil, but I didn't know why until you educated me ;D

Posting and You - A must watch
s in order to take this productt out of my hair i cant co-wash i have to use a sulfate free shampoo ???