New Curl Junkie Gentle Cleansing Shampoo

Marsha reformulated the Curl Junkie Gentle Cleansing Shampoo and I wondered if anyone has tried it yet. Is it a lot better than the old formula? I hated the old version because it smelled horrible (like gasoline to me) and made my hair really greasy. The new version comes in a big bottle, the ingredients have changed and the smell is supposed to be much better. Anyone have experience with both the old and new versions? Is the new one better?
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
Not yet, but I'm planning on ordering it in November when the PT comes out. I'm trying my best to hold off on what I need until then.

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
Originally Posted by Fairewood
l looooved the old one! lol it smelled like tea to me.

i spilled a lot of of a bottle once and didnt realize it and saw the dried residue...smelling it like hmm this smells good...and familiar....OMG!!! i cried when i realized what it was.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
Maybe you can get a sample from Kathymack? I am thinking of doing that.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
She doesn't have samples... I checked.
Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix,
Tigi MM
Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG
Techniques: Plop and Diffuse
Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...4&postcount=97

I forget where, but I posted about it when I sampled it not that long ago.

I loved it. It lathered (I admit it, I like my lowpoo to lather). I can't remember what the smell was, but I don't think I hated it.

I know I like the old one (I have two bottles in my stash.) It has an interesting almost grape-like smell. It works decently, but I hate how it FEELS...too runny, not enough lather. It's made for denser hair so it can "get in there." I have fine hair, so it just sort of runs off. hah.

The new one is thicker, more lathery, and cleans very nicely. I will be getting it and the protein tx.

I've been happy with my product stash and my product junkie is asleep for now. Haven't been even visiting the forum much. I guess I'm content for now and just want to complete my CJ system with the two upcoming items.
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
I didn't try the low poo...but I will be getting it and the PT (as well as replacing some of my prods. that I've run out of in the meantime) too!

I hear ya on the PJ...I was thinking about that this AM. I've found things that work for EVERYTHING I use....and it's quieted down the monster within. Doesn't mean I won't EVER be tempted, but it's easier to resist now.

Originally Posted by MirCurls

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy

Originally Posted by MirCurls
Please don't ever drift away permanently, MirCurls! Those of us who are still clueless need your wisdom and advice. You always put things in perspective and give thoughtful, helpful advice to people. So, even if you complete your journey, try to hang around a bit for the rest of us.

Thanks for your comments on the CJ Poo. I'll consider trying it out.
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
With all of the positive comments, I just ordered it. Should have it early next week. I may try it on one of my Daily Fix days or bring it to the salon next haircut/highlight instead of Daily Fix.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
PJ time! *plans to order samples*
2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
Tigi MM
Techniques: Plop and Diffuse
Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...4&postcount=97

Oooh! Thanks for this thread! I've been curious about this. I'd like to see what a comparison of this is to Daily Fix. I like lathering low poos too. I think that maybe this is something to alternate with Daily Fix since I get weighed down easy.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...5&postcount=59

I JUST swapped mine for some Deva No-Poo. It was too watery for me. I liked how it cleaned. But, I just could never get it to work right as far as getting it on my scalp. I'd end up with it all in one place where it would suds nicely - but, had to add more to get it to clean in other areas of my scalp. ...I was frustrated with it. So, I swapped it out.
Styling: CJCQ
Couldn't wait another day to try it. It wasn't a cleaning day, but what the heck. I LOVED the coconut smell--like a Mounds bar in the good old days. It was thin, but easy to use. It cleaned well, more than Daily Fix. My hair doesn't tangle, but it was a little "clingier." I think folks will know what I mean. I used the new Strengthening Conditioner and it "melted" into my hair. My hair felt great when I was done. Used CCCC and KCTT Moisturizing Styler. It's still not dry, but looks like it will be a good hair day.

I never used the old one, so can't compare. I don't lowpoo on a regular basis, only when necessary to remove an ingredient that my hair doesn't like.

HTH.

Originally Posted by RacerWife7
I fell the same way. I was/am always frustrated when I used it so I probably still have more than 1/2 a bottle. I will most likely use it all up eventually. What I did a couple of times was mix it with the daily fix. That worked a bit better.

Originally Posted by xcptnl
You 2 are confuzzling me

are you talking about the New reformulated version or the old one?? I know the old one was a little thin but the NEW and improved version is supposed to be thicker...
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Originally Posted by xcptnl
You 2 are confuzzling me

Originally Posted by DEL2C
Hi, DEL - I'm referring to the new one. I never tried the old one (I guess I'm too much of a newbie ). I felt like I was wasting it because it was watery, yet hard to get distributed. I MUST have used 3 or 4 half-dollar sized pools of it just to get one good wash out of it.

Like I said, I liked how it cleaned. But, I have a LOT of hair. And the distribution difficulty was just too frustrating for me. I finally gave up.
Styling: CJCQ
Sorry I was talking about the old one but it sounds like the new one has not changed enough per RacerWife7's description so I will not repurchase. Her description of the new one sounds exactly like the old version.

Last edited by xcptnl; 11-03-2010 at 03:51 PM.
I used a sample I had of CJ Curl Assurance Cleansing Conditioner this morning and I LOVED it - especially when compared to CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo. MUCH better for my hair.
Originally Posted by RacerWife7
i'm confused -- isn't it the same thing? just a new formula of the old.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Originally Posted by RacerWife7
i'm confused -- isn't it the same thing? just a new formula of the old.
Originally Posted by rbb
There's CJ Daily Fix Gentle Cleansing Conditioner and then there's CJ Curl Assurance Gentle Shampoo. The poo got reformulated, not the cleansing conditioner.