-   -   Kenra Moisturising Conditioner (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/115917-kenra-moisturising-conditioner.html)

sveetiepie 10-31-2010 09:14 AM

Kenra Moisturising Conditioner

I bought this a while back and it never worked for me as a rinse out, but I kept it in my stash. Just recently I was reading the thread 'if you had to use only one product', and a couple of curlies mentioned that they used this stuff as a curl creme. Well, had to try this. Wow! am I glad I did. Really great hair! Used a nickel size of kenra scrunched in then a pea sized amount of Re:coil. Lovely spirals all around.

justajesuschick 10-31-2010 09:20 AM

I will have to check this out!! I found Deva Heaven in Hair to work the same. Great for me as a curl cream. Just a pea size. I would never have guessed it. I love products with multiple uses!
Can you also tell me how you use your Mist-er Right?

sveetiepie 10-31-2010 12:01 PM

The Mist-er Right I use after my hair has completely dried. I can't put a lot of product on my hair when it's wet, but after it's dried I can add some curls gel les'c or the Mist-er Right. Sometimes I only spray the ends, sometimes I smooth some water over after I spray it on.

rymorg2 10-31-2010 12:10 PM

I keep this onhand for the occasional use as a RO, LI, and CO wash....I'll have to try it as a curl creme too!

tonsofcurlz 11-02-2010 08:06 AM

I tried this as a curl cream today and I love it! I do use this as an occasional rinse out and love the seaweed slip it gives my hair. As a curl cream, it defined my curls well and I used it following a leave-in and topped with AOMM. I can't wait to try new combos with it!

curry curls 11-02-2010 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by tonsofcurlz (Post 1513495)

tonsofcurlz, what leave in did you use it over? I have been thinking about using another conditioner under it. I do love it by itself though. I use about two tablespoons of it. :)

tonsofcurlz 11-02-2010 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by curry curls (Post 1513515)

Originally Posted by tonsofcurlz (Post 1513495)

I used Abba Gentle leave-in under the Kenra and super-soaked to get the curl formation going. I always use a leave-in base under any of my styling products and I chose the Abba because it's basically unscented. I didn't want another scent to clash with the coconut scent of the Kenra. I love that the Kenra is so thick. I used about a tablespoon total for my whole head.

curry curls 11-02-2010 09:27 AM

Ok, thanks! I don't have that leave in, but I'll figure something out. Yeah, I love the smell of Kenra and don't want anything to clash with it. I do have a couple of coconut scented conditioners. Maybe I'll try one of those. :)

curlykey 11-02-2010 03:17 PM

I ordered a liter of the Kenra moisturizing conditioner today along with a 16 oz tub of biolage conditioner (I've only tried the generic which I love). I figure if I can't use these for some reason, my daughters can. I'm hoping they both work for me. I will try the Kenra as a curl cream first and see how it works. :)

justajesuschick 11-02-2010 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by curlykey (Post 1513926)

You jump in with both feet like me! I love a chick who tries things out by the liter or the bucket!!

curlykey 11-03-2010 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by justajesuschick (Post 1513980)

Originally Posted by curlykey (Post 1513926)

LOL! :toothy4: Yup, that's me.

sveetiepie 11-04-2010 07:15 AM

Just thought I'd give a little update. So, this stuff is really good, amazing curl enhancer, but it can be a little heavy for finer haired folks. I found I can't use it for too many days in a row. I also had to minimize the amount I was using. I started to use only a pea sized amount. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know in case you find it on the heavy side, just use a little less.:icon_smile:

heidi 11-16-2010 05:50 PM

I've been using this conditioner in a variety of ways with great results.
I started out using it as a LI/curl cream (quarter sized blob) and have also used it successfully as a RO. I like it mixed with water as a refresher spray too.
It works well on its own when I want a soft natural look or layered under AG Mousse Gel if I want a little more hold.
A great curl boosting moisturizer that my hair seems to love!

Curlsnswirls 10-14-2012 02:52 PM

I know this is an old thread but...I purchased a liter a while back and ended up loving this conditioner. I found a 64 oz jug on eBay for around $52 with shipping. I can't wait to receive this!! I've been out for a while and had been looking around for a good deal. I originally purchased my liter on sale for $20 but couldn't find it at that price again. I'm going to try this as a curl cream as well. Anyone else want share how they use this conditioner?? :toothy10:

Curlsnswirls 05-04-2013 11:32 AM

Bump!!:flower:

curry curls 05-14-2013 05:45 AM

I'm still using this and loving it. :) I'm also still using it as a leave in/styler, and I put approximately a nickel size amount of the curl and style milk or the smoothie over it. I think I prefer the smoothie...at least in this warmer weather.