Kenra Moisturising Conditioner

I bought this a while back and it never worked for me as a rinse out, but I kept it in my stash. Just recently I was reading the thread 'if you had to use only one product', and a couple of curlies mentioned that they used this stuff as a curl creme. Well, had to try this. Wow! am I glad I did. Really great hair! Used a nickel size of kenra scrunched in then a pea sized amount of Re:coil. Lovely spirals all around.

style: Ag:recoil Deva Mist-er right
I will have to check this out!! I found Deva Heaven in Hair to work the same. Great for me as a curl cream. Just a pea size. I would never have guessed it. I love products with multiple uses!
Can you also tell me how you use your Mist-er Right?
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity

Curl Enhancer:
CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler,CJRM
The Mist-er Right I use after my hair has completely dried. I can't put a lot of product on my hair when it's wet, but after it's dried I can add some curls gel les'c or the Mist-er Right. Sometimes I only spray the ends, sometimes I smooth some water over after I spray it on.

style: Ag:recoil Deva Mist-er right
I keep this onhand for the occasional use as a RO, LI, and CO wash....I'll have to try it as a curl creme too!

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
I tried this as a curl cream today and I love it! I do use this as an occasional rinse out and love the seaweed slip it gives my hair. As a curl cream, it defined my curls well and I used it following a leave-in and topped with AOMM. I can't wait to try new combos with it!
3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
Low Poos:
MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
Originally Posted by tonsofcurlz
tonsofcurlz, what leave in did you use it over? I have been thinking about using another conditioner under it. I do love it by itself though. I use about two tablespoons of it.

Originally Posted by tonsofcurlz
Originally Posted by curry curls
I used Abba Gentle leave-in under the Kenra and super-soaked to get the curl formation going. I always use a leave-in base under any of my styling products and I chose the Abba because it's basically unscented. I didn't want another scent to clash with the coconut scent of the Kenra. I love that the Kenra is so thick. I used about a tablespoon total for my whole head.
3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
Low Poos:
MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN

Ok, thanks! I don't have that leave in, but I'll figure something out. Yeah, I love the smell of Kenra and don't want anything to clash with it. I do have a couple of coconut scented conditioners. Maybe I'll try one of those.

Leave-in/Styling: Moisture Maniac with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on top
I ordered a liter of the Kenra moisturizing conditioner today along with a 16 oz tub of biolage conditioner (I've only tried the generic which I love). I figure if I can't use these for some reason, my daughters can. I'm hoping they both work for me. I will try the Kenra as a curl cream first and see how it works.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Originally Posted by curlykey
You jump in with both feet like me! I love a chick who tries things out by the liter or the bucket!!
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity

Originally Posted by curlykey
Originally Posted by justajesuschick
LOL! Yup, that's me.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Just thought I'd give a little update. So, this stuff is really good, amazing curl enhancer, but it can be a little heavy for finer haired folks. I found I can't use it for too many days in a row. I also had to minimize the amount I was using. I started to use only a pea sized amount. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know in case you find it on the heavy side, just use a little less.

style: Ag:recoil Deva Mist-er right
I've been using this conditioner in a variety of ways with great results.
I started out using it as a LI/curl cream (quarter sized blob) and have also used it successfully as a RO. I like it mixed with water as a refresher spray too.
It works well on its own when I want a soft natural look or layered under AG Mousse Gel if I want a little more hold.
A great curl boosting moisturizer that my hair seems to love!
Medium-fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Thick Density
Co-wash: Renpure Body&Shine
RO: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
LI/Curl Enhancer: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Other: I'll add a little AG Mousse Gel if I want something extra.
I know this is an old thread but...I purchased a liter a while back and ended up loving this conditioner. I found a 64 oz jug on eBay for around $52 with shipping. I can't wait to receive this!! I've been out for a while and had been looking around for a good deal. I originally purchased my liter on sale for $20 but couldn't find it at that price again. I'm going to try this as a curl cream as well. Anyone else want share how they use this conditioner??
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Bump!!
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I'm still using this and loving it. I'm also still using it as a leave in/styler, and I put approximately a nickel size amount of the curl and style milk or the smoothie over it. I think I prefer the smoothie...at least in this warmer weather.