Old 12-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #21

FrizzBgone's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by kathymack View Post
Originally Posted by nofrizz View Post
Has anybody ever used the Sevi Blue Yarrow Hair Gel? How do you use it and is there a comparable product?
I've used it and didn't think it was "special" for the price. It was a while ago, so I can't really remember the specifics.
I found it the same. I loved the fragrance of the product. It has a jelly texture. I found it similar to DM Miracurl, Camille Rose Curl Maker in texture. It is a little lighter. As for results, I get similar results with products that are less expensive, so I haven't reordered.
FrizzBgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #22

elizard's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012

I just had to chime in, because I asked my dad to pick up the pumpkin seed deep conditioner for me from the whole foods in baltimore. i read the reviews here, and i looked at the ingredients online, and i thought it might be good.

Word of warning... although it is not listed on the website, the bottle I received has patchouli oil in it. I used it this morning and my hair still smells like an unwashed hippie.
2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
elizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #23

Join Date: Dec 2011

Originally Posted by elizard View Post

Yes!!! I was going to post that a couple of weeks ago, but didn't want to be accused of stereotyping patchouli users as stoners : )

It is a very nice conditioner, but the fragrance IS quite potent. Good thing I only had a sample & hadn't yet sprung for thr full size bottle.

SN: I noticed that the Acure Organics Argan poo and condish has pumpkin seed oil but no patchouli. I've been resisting the impulse to buy it, but my resolve is slowly but surely weakening ...

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Old 12-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #24

asianrunner's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

Originally Posted by elizard View Post

Yup. I like the conditioner but the smell lingers in my hair for a couple days, despite having washed and conditioned again!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

asianrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #25

elizard's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012

Update! I wanted to save some people the trouble that I have experienced with my bottle. I don't know if I'm the only one, but when I clicked the ingredients link given by kathymack above, it took me to the Sevi website (what I now realize was an outdated version of their website copyright 2010). Their actual website was updated in 2012, so I'm not sure how, but I was getting the old one with an old ingredients list. Their current site does list patchouli in the Pumpkin Seed Conditioner.

I only found this out after emailing their customer service. The rep that I corresponded with was very agreeable and let me know that I should be able to return my bottle to my local whole foods without a receipt. So I will confirm that when I get a chance. I would also like to try the Seaberry Buckthorn conditioner, so maybe I will pick that up if I go to my parents at some point. The pumpkin seed did work very well. It was just the smell that didn't do it for me.
2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by kathymack View Post
Originally Posted by nofrizz View Post
Have to update this post (and thread.) I started using the gel again a few weeks ago. Now, I think it's fabulous! Use it with their hair lotion under it. I been getting really great hair with that combo (and the Pumpkin Seed Conditioner as my rinse out.)

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me

Last edited by kathymack; 01-07-2014 at 04:28 AM.
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #27

Prettycurls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

Thanks for the updates on these products. I am looking into quite a few of them.
Have:
4a Tailbone

http://members.fotki.com/Prettycurls/about/ pw:curlspretty

Prettycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #28

sixelamy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013

When I purchased my Seabuckthorn Berry shampoo (which smells heavenly, I might add), she gave me a sample of the Pumpkin Seed deep conditioner. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, and I used it as a leave in one day - big mistake. Now that I'm treating it like a deep conditioner, it's freaking love over here! I also love the way it smells. I love essential oils, mmmm. The sample size has lasted me quite a bit of uses, I'm surprised. When it runs out, I think I will be purchasing the bigger size.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Conditioner/ Sevi Pumpkin Seed or Seabuckthorn Berry, YTCucs
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, Komaza Aloe My Hair LI
PRE-POO/DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, DC Light Defining Gel
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
= glycerin in low dews
sixelamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:44 AM   #29

Prettycurls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

I was torn between several products...

It was kinky curly vs Sevi, but I felt like Sevi had nicer ingredients.
Have: