Sevi Organics

Has anybody ever used the Sevi Blue Yarrow Hair Gel? How do you use it and is there a comparable product?
Originally Posted by nofrizz
I've used it and didn't think it was "special" for the price. It was a while ago, so I can't really remember the specifics.
Originally Posted by kathymack
I found it the same. I loved the fragrance of the product. It has a jelly texture. I found it similar to DM Miracurl, Camille Rose Curl Maker in texture. It is a little lighter. As for results, I get similar results with products that are less expensive, so I haven't reordered.
I just had to chime in, because I asked my dad to pick up the pumpkin seed deep conditioner for me from the whole foods in baltimore. i read the reviews here, and i looked at the ingredients online, and i thought it might be good.

Word of warning... although it is not listed on the website, the bottle I received has patchouli oil in it. I used it this morning and my hair still smells like an unwashed hippie.
2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF

Originally Posted by elizard
Yes!!! I was going to post that a couple of weeks ago, but didn't want to be accused of stereotyping patchouli users as stoners : )

It is a very nice conditioner, but the fragrance IS quite potent. Good thing I only had a sample & hadn't yet sprung for thr full size bottle.

SN: I noticed that the Acure Organics Argan poo and condish has pumpkin seed oil but no patchouli. I've been resisting the impulse to buy it, but my resolve is slowly but surely weakening ...

Sent from my SPH-D600 using CurlTalk App
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak

Originally Posted by elizard
Yup. I like the conditioner but the smell lingers in my hair for a couple days, despite having washed and conditioned again!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

Update! I wanted to save some people the trouble that I have experienced with my bottle. I don't know if I'm the only one, but when I clicked the ingredients link given by kathymack above, it took me to the Sevi website (what I now realize was an outdated version of their website copyright 2010). Their actual website was updated in 2012, so I'm not sure how, but I was getting the old one with an old ingredients list. Their current site does list patchouli in the Pumpkin Seed Conditioner.

I only found this out after emailing their customer service. The rep that I corresponded with was very agreeable and let me know that I should be able to return my bottle to my local whole foods without a receipt. So I will confirm that when I get a chance. I would also like to try the Seaberry Buckthorn conditioner, so maybe I will pick that up if I go to my parents at some point. The pumpkin seed did work very well. It was just the smell that didn't do it for me.
2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
Originally Posted by nofrizz
Originally Posted by kathymack
Have to update this post (and thread.) I started using the gel again a few weeks ago. Now, I think it's fabulous! Use it with their hair lotion under it. I been getting really great hair with that combo (and the Pumpkin Seed Conditioner as my rinse out.)
Wavy7s likes this.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC

Last edited by kathymack; 01-07-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Thanks for the updates on these products. I am looking into quite a few of them.
Have:
4a Tailbone

http://members.fotki.com/Prettycurls/about/ pw:curlspretty

When I purchased my Seabuckthorn Berry shampoo (which smells heavenly, I might add), she gave me a sample of the Pumpkin Seed deep conditioner. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, and I used it as a leave in one day - big mistake. Now that I'm treating it like a deep conditioner, it's freaking love over here! I also love the way it smells. I love essential oils, mmmm. The sample size has lasted me quite a bit of uses, I'm surprised. When it runs out, I think I will be purchasing the bigger size.
Spiralli likes this.

COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
I was torn between several products...

It was kinky curly vs Sevi, but I felt like Sevi had nicer ingredients.
Have:
4a Tailbone

http://members.fotki.com/Prettycurls/about/ pw:curlspretty

What conditioners would you compare the sea buckthorn and the pumpkinseed to, as far as thickness, scent and overall performance? Do you treat the pumpkin co as a DT or a RO?
I'm wanting a good RO and wondered if the Pumpkin would be too much. I'd like to try both but kind of wanted to stick to one. I'm also wanting to get some samples of the hair serum, lotion and gel. Can someone who uses these share opinions please. Thanks
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI, Andalou naturals -GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, CJPP, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I use the Pumpkin Seed as a RO. I leave it on for about 3-5 minutes, works wonders. I can't DC, my hair will just fall limp... so any DC'ing I do is only 3-5 mins in the shower.

To be honest, nothing else really compares to this conditioner. I like this one a titch more than the Curl Junkie Argan & Olive Oil.

I was looking at the Seabuckthorn Berry, because I wanted to try it out - it just doesn't have any conditioning agents in it like fatty alcohols, etc.

COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
Thank you. I'm also curious about the pumpkin shampoo. I will probably order some products in a couple weeks. I'm excited .

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I totally agree, you can't compare the Sevi Pumpkin to anything else. My only issue is that she uses patchouli EO, which I don't like (as many have mentioned above.) However, it doesn't stop me from using it. I don't DC, either. My hair doesn't seem to need it.

The Sea Buckthorn Berry is nice, but it's not the Pumpkin Seed Conditioner.

I just ordered both the Pumpkin Seed and Sea Buckhorn conditioners. They'll be here Thursday! Can't wait!
sixelamy likes this.
I ordered the pumpkin shampoo and conditioner, sea buckthorn conditioner and a sample of the hair lotion. I can hardly wait.
Spiralli and sixelamy like this.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
The Pumpkin Seed Shampoo is also amazing. I find it a bit more moisturizing than the Seabuckthorn Berry, but I totally love both! The Seabuckthorn leaves your hair smelling sooooo nice

Let me know how the hair lotion is! It looks divine, I'm almost drooling.

COLOR: henna, amla & indigo

Last edited by sixelamy; 05-06-2014 at 08:17 AM.
I ordered sample sizes of both the Pumpkin Seed and the Seabuckhorn conditioners. I couldn't decide which one I wanted to try, so I just went with both! Mine should arrive on Friday!
2b/c
fine, low/ normal porosity, med density, normal elasticity.
Dislikes: Aloe by itself, polyquat 4
Low poo (used rarely): CJ Curl Assurance
Co-wash: CJ Daily Fix
Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
Stylers: CCCCL, SCE FSG, SCE CHHE
PT: IA Girls PT w/ mag. sulfate, CJ Repair Me
DT: CJ Rehab or Deep fix
Sounds like the company has improved with shipping speed if people are getting there stuff in a few days from ordering. Will have to add this to my list!
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
I ordered mine on 4/26 and it's scheduled to arrive 5/9, so it's about a 2 week turnover time. If any of these become HG status, I will be ordering the largest size. Because while a 2 week turnover isn't bad for a handmade product, I will admit that I don't have the foresight to order 2 weeks before I run out.
2b/c
fine, low/ normal porosity, med density, normal elasticity.
Dislikes: Aloe by itself, polyquat 4
Low poo (used rarely): CJ Curl Assurance
Co-wash: CJ Daily Fix
Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
Stylers: CCCCL, SCE FSG, SCE CHHE
PT: IA Girls PT w/ mag. sulfate, CJ Repair Me
DT: CJ Rehab or Deep fix
I ordered samples of the Pumpkin Seed conditioner, shampoo, the hair lotion, and the gel yesterday - and I got a shipping notice today! Maybe samples are moving faster .