Sevi Organics

I remember this brand being talked about awhile ago but I couldn't find any good information about it. Any thoughts?
I couldn't find any mention of hair care products on their web site? Do they have those too? The skin care looks fantastic.
Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!
Here's the hair products: Hair : Eco Sevi, Vegan Bodycare

I've only used the Pumpkin Seed and Sea Buckthorn Berry Conditioners. It's been about a year and they were HG status from the beginning. They are incredible. It takes a long time to get the products once you order. As I recall, there's no communication while waiting.

They use European EOs and sometimes have issues getting them. As I recall, they announced new products a year ago September (formula changes and new products.) They were due out "soon." It was March before they actually did come out.

Thanks, KM!
Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!
I tried the Pumpkin Seed Conditioner and Shampoo as well as the Buckthorn Berry Shampoo & Conditioner after Kathymack had raved about the conditioners.

I tried them over a year ago and IMO, the conditioners are still some of the best on the market. Out of the two, my favourite is still the Pumpkin Seed conditioner. It can also be used as a LI. It melts your knots and leaves your hair feeling like silk when you rinse it out.

The shampoo isn't something I use as often, but if I feel like I need a good clean, both are good. While it isn't as harsh as a clarifying shampoo, it isn't as gentle as CJs shampoo or DF.

Even though it will take awhile to get the products, it is well worth the wait. I just make sure that I order long before I run out. Sevi conditioners are still in the 'love-them-lots' part of my stash ... these are the products that I hide at the back of the cupboard so my DH and daughter don't use them !!!
Is there any place to find the ingredients? I haven't been able to find it.
Is there any place to find the ingredients? I haven't been able to find it.
Originally Posted by abstractcurls
At the bottom of the home page, it's one of the options. It says "ingredients." The ingredients for all the products are listed. Here's the link: Eco Sevi :: Eco Vegan Bodycare, Vegan Cosmetics, Vegan Skincare, Vegan Mineral Makeup and Tools, Artisan Natural Perfumes, Vegan Cruelty Free Hair, Skin and Body Products

I've been sampling the Sevi conditioners. I hated the seabuckthorn berry conditioner (didn't detangle well and smells awful), but love the pumpkin conditioner!

Today I used the pumpkin conditioner as a rinse-out underneath one of my standard winter/spring styling routines (MD red clover/honey + SS CEJ + SS FHG). Hair detangled like a charm, feels silky soft, and curls are bouncy (not weighed down at all) despite the low dew point. (I'm currently in Colorado where the temp is 68F but the dew point is only 7F). This might end up being a competitor to CJ curl rehab (which is one of my HG products).

I plan to order a bottle of the Sevi pumpkin conditioner (maybe even two!), and am curious about the Sevi gelly (which is FSG-based). Has anyone tried it? Here is the ingredient list:

Sevi Blue Yarrow Hair Styling Gel
Aqueous Infusions of Flax Seed, Watercress, Fenugreek, Fennel Seed, Stinging Nettle, Burdock Root and Rosemary, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Panthenol (vitamin B5), Soy Protein, Curcuma Xanthorrhiza Root Extract, Usnea barbata Extract, Aspen Bark Extract, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Blue Yarrow Essential Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, Myrrh Essential Oil, Grapefruit Essential Oil.

Also, where is the best place to buy Sevi products in the U.S.? I noticed on their blog that some wholefoods stores are carrying it, but those in the west and midwest don't (at least, not the ones I called). Do people just order directly from Eco Sevi in Baltimore? Or from jujuorganics.com in Philadelphia?
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
I order mine from Eco Sevi in Baltimore.

When I got the newsletter, it said that they were going to have it at the WF in Marlton, NJ (essentially a suburb of Philly.) Not sure what other Whole Foods are carrying it. Is it listed some place?? I looked on the blog and website.

I order mine from Eco Sevi in Baltimore.

Originally Posted by kathymack
The April 8 Eco Sevi blog entry reads as follows:

Merhaba Eco-lovers,

Yeah baby, we are now at Whole Foods!
If we have not landed @ your state (yet), let your Whole Foods Wholebody folks know that you want your Sevi pronto, word of mouth rocks continents.

We heart you all.

One of the Whole Foods store reps I spoke with said that their company prefers to work with local suppliers if possible, so it is most likely that only east coast Whole Foods will be carrying it (at least initially).
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
I saw that blog article. I also saw something last weekend that was a picture of what seemed to be an "opening" or some such at Whole Foods. If I had known something was happening, I may have gone--it's probably 45/50 minutes for me. I know I read Marlton, NJ--I'd love to know if any of the other NJ stores are carrying it. I live about 20 minutes from Princeton. It's just as easy to order it and pay shipping--going over the Delaware River can be just as expensive, LOL!

I have 2c wavy hair. Those of you who use the Sevi products how are they working for you? I purchased shampoo/conditioner and gel but they don't quite do enough for my curls, my hair seems too flat so any tips on how you use the products would be helpful

don't breed or buy while homeless animals die
Originally Posted by anneh
Only product I really LOVE is the conditioner. The Pumpkin Seed it the best. Seabuckthorn Berry is nice, but Pumpkin Seed is my number one all time favorite rinse out.
Spiralli likes this.

For all you incorrigible PJs who've tried both, how would you compare it to Darcy's Botanicals pumpkin seed condish?

TIA!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak

Originally Posted by yossarian
I didn't repurchase the Darcy's.

Originally Posted by yossarian
Sevi is SO much better. It has better slip. It has a mild lemon fragrance. I found the Darcy's scent a little over-powering. It melts knots and leaves my hair feeling like silk when I rinse.

Originally Posted by FrizzBgone
Thanks for the insight. Very tempting ... So next question, do they ever offer a discount? Looking over their blog, they seem to have specials on every product EXCEPT haircare!

I'm willing to pay more for better quality ingredients, and there's always a premium for small-lot items, but $42 for a liter plus $12 shipping is prohibitive at the moment. But worth saving for : )
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak

Originally Posted by yossarian
They do have sales occasionally. If you 'like' them on FaceBook & sign up for their newsletter you will hear about them. I stand to be corrected, but I think that some Whole Food locations sell their products.
The only negative thing about Sevi, and it is minor, is that if you order from Sevi, it can take awhile to receive your item. BUT....given that it is fresh & excellent quality, it is worth it.
Spiralli likes this.
Has anybody ever used the Sevi Blue Yarrow Hair Gel? How do you use it and is there a comparable product?
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity, 2bc/3a
Originally Posted by nofrizz
I've used it and didn't think it was "special" for the price. It was a while ago, so I can't really remember the specifics.