The CreaClip haircutting tool

I just ordered one of these - has anybody here tried this or anything similar?

CreaClip Quick and Easy haircuts at home, Save money cutting Layers in your own hair, trimming bangs, and kids hair at home.

Looks like a good idea if you have a good pair of hair scissors and are salon-shy like me. What do you think?
Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
Looks pretty cool for straight hair or wavy/curly hair that can be cut wet.
Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair

Stylers:
KCCC

Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

Join Date: Mar 2008
I like it, but I'm afraid it would only encourage me, and I'm just so bad at cutting hair. Also, I wish it was cheaper.

I'd like to hear how it works out for you.
OMG!! I freakin' LOVE this thing!!
I just cut 3 inches off my longest layer...ALL BY MYSELF!! And it's straight on! I am never going to a salon again!!

This is the best purchase I made all year! I highly highly highly recommend this!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Okay, good to know. Thanks, and happy it worked out for you.

(I still think I'll wait for the Sally's version.)
I'd love one of these. I've been cutting my hair forever, and I'd love something to hold my hair so it doesn't slip out of my fingers. Plus, my fingers cramp after a while of cutting. I don't cut curl by curl, so this would be quite handy.

My hair isn't very thick though. How is the hold on this thing? I'd hate to get one and have all my hair fall out of it.

Like ninja dog, though, I'd probably wait for Sally's to get something like this. I'd definitely get it from there.
Started CG July 8, 2008

Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: Ion Effective Care Treatment
Leave-in/Styling: Moisture Maniac with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on top
Protein Treatment: Nutress Moisturizing Protein Pack
Deep Condition:Acure Moroccan Argan Conditioner+Sally's GVP Balm

Originally Posted by curry curls
It has a latch at one end and has combs inside to hold the hair. I did the straight across cut on myself which involved holding all the hair tight in the clip so it wouldn't move when I held up the ends so I could cut them. My hair is fine too and the combs inside really work well for holding the hair.
Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
I just ordered one of these - has anybody here tried this or anything similar?

Originally Posted by Curly 'Cuse

I think this is a cheaper alternative:

YouTube - How to cut your own hair at home - The fast and easy way- tickin4gold
2c/3a; low porosity; fine texture
Shampoo: Aussie Moisturizing Shampoo; Giovanni TTT Shampoo, Renpure Organics Shampoo (red bottle), Bragg ACV
Conditioner: AO Honey Suckle Rose, Renpure Organics Conditioner (red bottle)
Co-Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut
D.T: CJ Curl Rehab
L.I: CJ BC; KCKT; Alba Botanica Fragrance Free
Styler: KCCC; L.A Looks Sports; Alba Botanica Fragrance Free Strong Hold Gel
Pomade: Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade
P.T: CJ Curl Fix
Scalp Moisturizer: Shea Butter

This does look really cool! Thanks for posting about it. I still don't know if I am brave enough to use it, but I am sure aggravated with my uneven length sometimes, so maybe it would be good to keep in the house. I am hoping that if Sally's does a knockoff, it's cheaper.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Originally Posted by curry curls
Originally Posted by Curly 'Cuse
Thanks! I may actually order this sometime.
Started CG July 8, 2008

Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: Ion Effective Care Treatment
Leave-in/Styling: Moisture Maniac with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on top
Protein Treatment: Nutress Moisturizing Protein Pack
Deep Condition:Acure Moroccan Argan Conditioner+Sally's GVP Balm
That looks interesting! I like the curly cutting videos but would be a bit scared of trying the layered cuts. Maybe when it gets cheaper! It would be great for bangs and face frame though.

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring"
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
* pw: just4curlies
* My Motto: Strand Test!
some hair pics
-- gone, but never forgotten.
I LOVE mine, worth EVERY penny!!
I got mine in August didn't use it till Dec. Have used it about 4x since cutting off a total of about 7-8" lost NO length!!
Before:The CreaClip haircutting tool-uploadfromtaptalk1334157913977.jpgThe CreaClip haircutting tool-uploadfromtaptalk1334157973486.jpg
After: (first trim---> ) The CreaClip haircutting tool-uploadfromtaptalk1334158037555.jpg (several trims and color change ---> ) The CreaClip haircutting tool-uploadfromtaptalk1334158152628.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App with accidental obvious autocorrect errors throughout.
Growing out Pixie since 5-10-2008 with some trims and anxiety chops along the way...

hair details: BSL(c)/MBL(s) - 2b/2c (MPD if truth be told) - f/m, iii, porosity med-low.

Please feel free to follow my FB blog page as I go through Cosmetology school abd beyond

what else do you need/want to know? Blame all spelling mistakes on me, my fat fingers or autocorrect.

oh yeah, and I'm newly gluten free...thanks to celiac

Last edited by Libra_Moon; 04-11-2012 at 10:34 AM.
I saw a video on youtube about the creaclip. I really want to buy it. Does it work for 3b curly hair? If so, do you cut while hair is dry and curly?
I bought a set of 2 (small straight for bangs, larger curved for trimming &layers) really cheap a long time ago, and I love them. I don't think they're necessary, per se, but I trim my both of my daughters' hair (long straight and long wavy) with it-I'm straight-line impaired, so it makes it really easy. I have also been periodically cutting layers and bangs in my own 3a hair. It's by no means perfect-I'm unfortunately not to always be trusted with my own hair and shears, but I think it's a great tool. I can do similar cuts with the ponytail method, but this has been a bit more precise. If you're interested, search out generics-same exact product. I actually cut mine when dry, before washing....good luck!
Thank you so much for your info.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
I ordered this a couple of days ago. I plan to use it to trim 2 inches across without layers. Any tips ladies?
Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,

Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
I ordered it today!
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip