Old 12-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #1

Lightbulb The CreaClip haircutting tool

I just ordered one of these - has anybody here tried this or anything similar?

CreaClip Quick and Easy haircuts at home, Save money cutting Layers in your own hair, trimming bangs, and kids hair at home.

Looks like a good idea if you have a good pair of hair scissors and are salon-shy like me. What do you think?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #2

abstractcurls's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010

Ok I'm sold. That's my next buy
abstractcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #3

CurlyLinZee's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

Looks pretty cool for straight hair or wavy/curly hair that can be cut wet.
Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair

Stylers:
KCCC

Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

CurlyLinZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:08 PM   #4

Join Date: Mar 2008

I like it, but I'm afraid it would only encourage me, and I'm just so bad at cutting hair. Also, I wish it was cheaper.

I'd like to hear how it works out for you.
ninja dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #5

Join Date: Aug 2010

OMG!! I freakin' LOVE this thing!!
I just cut 3 inches off my longest layer...ALL BY MYSELF!! And it's straight on! I am never going to a salon again!!

This is the best purchase I made all year! I highly highly highly recommend this!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:26 AM   #6

Join Date: Mar 2008

Okay, good to know. Thanks, and happy it worked out for you.

(I still think I'll wait for the Sally's version.)
ninja dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #7

curry curls's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

I'd love one of these. I've been cutting my hair forever, and I'd love something to hold my hair so it doesn't slip out of my fingers. Plus, my fingers cramp after a while of cutting. I don't cut curl by curl, so this would be quite handy.

My hair isn't very thick though. How is the hold on this thing? I'd hate to get one and have all my hair fall out of it.

Like ninja dog, though, I'd probably wait for Sally's to get something like this. I'd definitely get it from there.
Started CG July 8, 2008

Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in/Styling: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on top
curry curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #8

Originally Posted by curry curls View Post

It has a latch at one end and has combs inside to hold the hair. I did the straight across cut on myself which involved holding all the hair tight in the clip so it wouldn't move when I held up the ends so I could cut them. My hair is fine too and the combs inside really work well for holding the hair.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #9

CurlyColombiana's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by Curly 'Cuse View Post
I just ordered one of these - has anybody here tried this or anything similar?

I think this is a cheaper alternative:

YouTube - How to cut your own hair at home - The fast and easy way- tickin4gold
2c/3a; low porosity; fine texture
Shampoo: Aussie Moisturizing Shampoo; Giovanni TTT Shampoo, Renpure Organics Shampoo (red bottle), Bragg ACV
Conditioner: AO Honey Suckle Rose, Renpure Organics Conditioner (red bottle)
Co-Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut

CurlyColombiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #10

Spiralli's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004

This does look really cool! Thanks for posting about it. I still don't know if I am brave enough to use it, but I am sure aggravated with my uneven length sometimes, so maybe it would be good to keep in the house. I am hoping that if Sally's does a knockoff, it's cheaper.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length. Modified CG since 5/2004; growing gray since 5/2007.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, rotating others
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, coconut oil overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Terax Crema, Moroccan Oil Restorative Mask, Je Veux Revitalizing Mud Mask, Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Spiralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #11

curry curls's Avatar

Originally Posted by Curly 'Cuse View Post
Originally Posted by curry curls View Post

Thanks! I may actually order this sometime.
Started CG July 8, 2008

CurliLocks's Avatar

Join Date: May 2000
Send a message via Yahoo to CurliLocks
Smile

That looks interesting! I like the curly cutting videos but would be a bit scared of trying the layered cuts. Maybe when it gets cheaper! It would be great for bangs and face frame though.

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring"
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
* pw: just4curlies
* My Motto: Strand Test!
some hair pics
-- gone, but never forgotten.
CurliLocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #13

Libra_Moon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012

I LOVE mine, worth EVERY penny!!
I got mine in August didn't use it till Dec. Have used it about 4x since cutting off a total of about 7-8" lost NO length!!
Before:The CreaClip haircutting tool-uploadfromtaptalk1334157913977.jpgThe CreaClip haircutting tool-uploadfromtaptalk1334157973486.jpg
After: (first trim---> ) The CreaClip haircutting tool-uploadfromtaptalk1334158037555.jpg (several trims and color change ---> ) The CreaClip haircutting tool-uploadfromtaptalk1334158152628.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App with accidental obvious autocorrect errors throughout.
Growing out Pixie since 5-10-2008 with some trims and anxiety chops along the way...

hair details: BSL(c)/MBL(s) - 2b/2c (MPD if truth be told) - f/m, iii, porosity med-low.

Please feel free to follow my FB blog page as I go through Cosmetology school abd beyond

what else do you need/want to know? Blame all spelling mistakes on me, my fat fingers or autocorrect.

oh yeah, and I'm newly gluten free...thanks to celiac

Last edited by Libra_Moon; 04-11-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Libra_Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #14

mimi772005's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Default creaclip

I saw a video on youtube about the creaclip. I really want to buy it. Does it work for 3b curly hair? If so, do you cut while hair is dry and curly?
mimi772005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #15

Curly Girl Fla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

I bought a set of 2 (small straight for bangs, larger curved for trimming &layers) really cheap a long time ago, and I love them. I don't think they're necessary, per se, but I trim my both of my daughters' hair (long straight and long wavy) with it-I'm straight-line impaired, so it makes it really easy. I have also been periodically cutting layers and bangs in my own 3a hair. It's by no means perfect-I'm unfortunately not to always be trusted with my own hair and shears, but I think it's a great tool. I can do similar cuts with the ponytail method, but this has been a bit more precise. If you're interested, search out generics-same exact product. I actually cut mine when dry, before washing....good luck!
Curly Girl Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #16

mimi772005's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011

Thank you so much for your info.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
mimi772005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #17

Rusycurly's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011

I ordered this a couple of days ago. I plan to use it to trim 2 inches across without layers. Any tips ladies?
Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,

Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
Rusycurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #18

chloe92us's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013

I ordered it today!
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Transitioning to gray
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip