Routines on Curls Souffle & Whipped Cream

Any curlies here have used Curl Souffle or Whipped Cream ? i just got these samples from curls and wanted to know how to use them , r they both just like Curls Milkshake ?, if thats the case do i use them before a styler ? and how much should i use , about a dime size ? thanks for any replys! the smell on both are so yummy!
Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
*Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
Curl Souffle is like a curl cream. At least in my hair. I used about a dime size or so with a gel over it.
Whipped cream is hmm like a conditioner that adds weight to your hair. Although it's not a conditioner per say. Both of these products are very moisturizing though.
I could use a little bit more of the Souffle than the WC but I didn't use much of either since I'm 3a and a little goes a long way in my hair
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
I use my Curl Souffle like medusahair does. Here is my best routine when I used my Curls stuff:

*Condition with Curls Ecstasy.
*Use Curls Quenched Moisturizer (leave-in).
*Add the old Curls NECL (you could use the Milkshake for this step).
*Add a small amount of Curls Souffle.
*Gel (Redken Ringlet works excellent for me on this routine, but I used other gels with good success).

Air dry (I have found my hair does better air drying with Curls products).

Hope that helps give you some ideas .
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets.
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB
Thanks medusahair for that quick reply . will any of them be good paired with Re:coil ? i havent been using gel since winter started here , just re:coil with boots or just re:coil alone sometimes.

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
I've used some Re:coil mixed in with the NECL, and I think I've seen where someone else uses it mixed in with the Milkshake (maybe SYB?).
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets.
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB
Personally I think everything is good with recoil but I haven't tried that combo sorry
I do use boots and recoil together so it might do just fine. You'll have to let us know!
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
hm if Whipped cream is more of a condish like mousterizer that weighs down the hair i think it would with my hair .. my hair gets weighed down easily, i think the Souffle would be better for me. . ill try the souffle with re:coil or boots today and report back with the results, thanks everyone!

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
The souffle is a lighter version of the whipped cream. Both act as moisturizers w/ light to moderate hold and define/defrizz your hair. The milkshake is more like a leave in than the other two, though it also acts as a moisturizer and curl refresher.

If your hair gets weighed down easily, you may want to use the souffle first and experiment with that. When you apply it, apply it on wet hands and emulsify before applying to your hair. Smooth it along the length, and if needed, scrunch in more on the ends.

When I use the whipped cream, I use it over the milkshake and apply in sections. I use about a quarter size per section, and then scrunch in more on the ends before plopping.

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee!

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
I just have to say eccentric_kurlz I love your hair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am still trying how to use the products myself. I have them all but I am still at a loss. Thanks for the tips. I need recommendations as my hair does not stay well sometimes as to it frizzes and shrinks and sometimes when I use the products my hair becomes hard. Hard but not in a bad way. I think sometimes I am not sure what I am doing thanks for the info as I have the Whipped Cream and love the smell but when I used it as you mentioned it is much heavier than the milkshake it weighed me down some.

Thanks again
Transitioned unitl final BC on 8/21/06
I did use the Souffle the other day and it works great , reminds me of the curls milkshake. i used a lil bit and rubbed it in my hands and raked in , then re:coil , then scrunched in a lil boots and diffused. great clumpy curls..i think the whipped cream will be too heavy 4 my hair tho.

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
I just have to say eccentric_kurlz I love your hair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again
Originally Posted by jilangmartyl
Thanks! (your hair is beautiful, btw )

Since your hair is shorter, you don't need to use alot of products. I'd just use maybe a drop or two of the milkshake, and a quater-sized drop of the whipped cream(maybe more, since I'm not sure how thick your hair is). Or if you want less shrinkage, use the spiral curls cream in place of the whipped cream, as the whipped cream really defines my hair(for me atleast, which I like). Some people get elongation, but I get shrinkage.

If you are applying the products everyday, then that could be the reason why your hair is hard and loses its curl. If anything, all you'd need to do is use the milkshake as a refresher, or maybe get a bottle of warm water, and apply alittle bit of your favorite leave in(just enough to use once), and spray to refresh.

DC metro area
I just got my samples tonight. The whipped cream is definitely reformulated -- it looks lighter. I've never tried the Souffle. I'll try them in a couple of days and probably use Milkshake as a leave-in since it works for Eccentric-kurlz
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
[img]Thanks! (your hair is beautiful, btw )

[/img]

you know what is so funny, i am sure you are right, but It is hard for me not to be addicted to having my hair look decent. Yes it is very thick so i want to make sure that it looks like it has some look to it. It has been growing out so I will try other methods.
I like her stuff but I will keep trying to have a happy medium and learn how to use it. I still love yourssssssssssssssssssss. Thanks for the comp on mine but it has some way to go as to me to learn how to work with it and not against it.

Originally Posted by jilangmartyl
I feel you. But what makes you think your hair won't look decent if you used minimal products? Is it more of not being able to get second-day hair when you do that(if you have), or just you don't like how it looks when you don't use a certain amount of product?

I bet your hair still looks gorgeous.

I used to have to have a styling product in my hair whenever I did it. Couldn't go without it, at least I thought I couldn't before going without it. What's funny is in almost all of the times I go with just a leave in(or minimal product in general), I'm still able to get second-day hair and it doesn't look like it's smashed against the side of my head. It still looked neat, but with an element of wildness(I love big hair ).

I hope you're able to find the right amount/mix of product needed to get the look you want. Just keep experimenting and I'm sure you'll find it.

DC metro area
you are so kind. Thanks so much. I am sure I will learn how to change my bad " heavy Handed" ways. I wanted to ask you a question, sorry to take over this topic. But where did you buy this Abba Condish? I have the Elucence and used it and my hair was really soft but I am hooked on using the Asian Condish.
Is the Asian COndish more of a protien? and the Elucence more of moisture?

Thanks