-   -   SUAVE Tropical Coconut Conditioner - reformulated ? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/118755-suave-tropical-coconut-conditioner-reformulated.html)

CurlyVee 12-27-2010 06:13 PM

SUAVE Tropical Coconut Conditioner - reformulated ?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGH !!!

X2 the moisterizer = x2 silicone ??:pain10:

Did this get a new formula ? I didnt realize the change until I was co-washing and wondered why it wasnt as creamy

Thoughts, insight, feedback ?? Im scared since this is my daily routine.

Saila 12-27-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by CurlyVee (Post 1552663)
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGH !!!

X2 the moisterizer = x2 silicone ??:pain10:

Thoughts, insight, feedback ?? Im scared since this is my daily routine.

Can you post the new ingredients? I looked on their website and they don't seem to be updated.

aliquot 12-28-2010 08:46 AM

I just bought this bottle and here is what it says, I can't seem to find the this exact same ingredient list online anywhere...

Water, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, lactic acid, potassium chloride, fragrance, disodium EDTA, PEG-150 distearate, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, propylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate [vitamin e acetate], silk amino acids, honey, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, rosemary leaf extract, coconut fruit extract

Also, it amuses me that the front of the bottle says "up to 2X more moisturizing*" and on the back it says "*vs. non-conditioning shampoo". DUH. Of course a conditioner is more moisturizing than a shampoo.

curlykey 12-28-2010 11:51 AM

Looks like they are reformulating all the conditioners. I haven't tried any of the new ones yet, although they all still look to be CG.....I don't see any silicones...the ingredients that end in "none" are not silicones if I'm not mistaken. HTH.

corny 12-28-2010 01:08 PM

I just bought a bottle, and it works fine for me. I'm pretty sure only -cone, -conol, and -xane is bad.

coilynapp 12-28-2010 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by curlykey (Post 1553051)

you are right those are not silicones, but preservatives

wavysue 12-28-2010 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by aliquot (Post 1552940)

OOOOO I actually like this ingredient, they took out the Cetrimonium Chloride which I don't usually like

JennyWhiskey 12-29-2010 03:59 PM

Yarrr....I JUST bought this to CO-wash with! I'm hoping it gets the job done. It can't be any worse than what I was using (whatever i found in the back of my cabinet, DEF. not cg friendly).

coilynapp 12-29-2010 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by wavysue (Post 1553172)

Originally Posted by aliquot (Post 1552940)

yes, SD is more conditioning than CC! I personally do not like CC at all on my hair. Others swear by it

tinah 12-29-2010 09:07 PM

WOO HOO!!! My hair doesn't like Centrimonium Chloride!! It adds to my frizz! I hope this works better because I love Suave coconut for a co wash!

CurlyVee 04-02-2012 09:59 PM

Here is a question for masses (gulp)

What could we use as an alternate if Suave Tropical Coconut went away ? A few weeks back I tried the Organix Coconut Milk and my hair hated it 😳

yossarian 04-03-2012 03:31 PM

I found the SN TC with SD at my local supermarket here in FL.

Strangely enough, the ingredient listing on Suave's website includes cetrimonium chloride, so if there's been a reformulation, they're not reflecting that.

Mcfrizzy 04-03-2012 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by CurlyVee (Post 1923406)
Here is a question for masses (gulp)

i dont think Suave would ever go away (atleast i hope not!) but ive heard great things about Vo5, cure care, and tresemme naturals lol

LindseyLoo003 04-03-2012 05:29 PM

i use it for co washing and i like it for that but its not moisturizing enough for my length so i use GVP after. My hair feels stronger whenever i do a co-wash with it so even though ill probably want to try other things as co washes i could see myself going back to this. Its a good conditioner for co was hing.

Geek_Chic 04-03-2012 05:32 PM

V05's Silky Experiences Champagne Kiss looks reasonably similar, and even has Hydrolyzed Silk as its protein ingredient.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 10 (CI 47005).

CurlyVee 04-06-2012 09:37 PM