Old 12-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #1

Join Date: Sep 2007
Default SUAVE Tropical Coconut Conditioner - reformulated ?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGH !!!

X2 the moisterizer = x2 silicone ??

Did this get a new formula ? I didnt realize the change until I was co-washing and wondered why it wasnt as creamy

Thoughts, insight, feedback ?? Im scared since this is my daily routine.
3B/C ; Suave Coconut Co-wash/LA Looks Gel or KCCC w/ KCKT (during the cooler months); I use Coconut &/or EVOO (Olive Oil) for Deep Conditioning.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #2

Saila's Avatar

Originally Posted by CurlyVee View Post
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGH !!!

X2 the moisterizer = x2 silicone ??

Thoughts, insight, feedback ?? Im scared since this is my daily routine.
Can you post the new ingredients? I looked on their website and they don't seem to be updated.
Saila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #3

aliquot's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010

I just bought this bottle and here is what it says, I can't seem to find the this exact same ingredient list online anywhere...

Water, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, lactic acid, potassium chloride, fragrance, disodium EDTA, PEG-150 distearate, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, propylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate [vitamin e acetate], silk amino acids, honey, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, rosemary leaf extract, coconut fruit extract

Also, it amuses me that the front of the bottle says "up to 2X more moisturizing*" and on the back it says "*vs. non-conditioning shampoo". DUH. Of course a conditioner is more moisturizing than a shampoo.

Last edited by aliquot; 12-28-2010 at 08:57 AM.
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #4

Join Date: Oct 2008

Looks like they are reformulating all the conditioners. I haven't tried any of the new ones yet, although they all still look to be CG.....I don't see any silicones...the ingredients that end in "none" are not silicones if I'm not mistaken. HTH.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
curlykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #5

corny's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010

I just bought a bottle, and it works fine for me. I'm pretty sure only -cone, -conol, and -xane is bad.
CG since 24/11/10; started 2c/3a, want to become 3b. (Insert "HOPE" and "CHANGE" posters here.)

Products: Suave naturals coconut conditioner, HE TT gel, Aveda curl control on dry hair, and tea tree oil or a brown sugar scrub every so often to remove buildup.
corny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #6

coilynapp's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

Originally Posted by curlykey View Post
you are right those are not silicones, but preservatives
coilynapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #7

Join Date: Aug 2010

Originally Posted by aliquot View Post

OOOOO I actually like this ingredient, they took out the Cetrimonium Chloride which I don't usually like
2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
wavysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #8

JennyWhiskey's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010

Yarrr....I JUST bought this to CO-wash with! I'm hoping it gets the job done. It can't be any worse than what I was using (whatever i found in the back of my cabinet, DEF. not cg friendly).
3b, shoulder length.

Current Regimen: Co wash, Naked Naturals Aloe Awapuhi & Lavender Moisturizing Conditioner, Hamadi Healing Serum, L'oreal Everpure serum, DevaCurl AnGel, and Ganier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray.
JennyWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #9

coilynapp's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

Originally Posted by wavysue View Post
Originally Posted by aliquot View Post

yes, SD is more conditioning than CC! I personally do not like CC at all on my hair. Others swear by it
coilynapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #10

Join Date: Dec 2008

WOO HOO!!! My hair doesn't like Centrimonium Chloride!! It adds to my frizz! I hope this works better because I love Suave coconut for a co wash!
CG - 3/27/09
3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
Styling: lube and BRHG
tinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #11

Join Date: Sep 2007

Here is a question for masses (gulp)

What could we use as an alternate if Suave Tropical Coconut went away ? A few weeks back I tried the Organix Coconut Milk and my hair hated it 😳
Old 04-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #12

Join Date: Dec 2011

I found the SN TC with SD at my local supermarket here in FL.

Strangely enough, the ingredient listing on Suave's website includes cetrimonium chloride, so if there's been a reformulation, they're not reflecting that.

Last edited by yossarian; 04-07-2012 at 09:01 PM.
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #13

Join Date: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by CurlyVee View Post
Here is a question for masses (gulp)

i dont think Suave would ever go away (atleast i hope not!) but ive heard great things about Vo5, cure care, and tresemme naturals lol
Lo-poorganix Shea butter shampoo
Co-wash: suave coconut
Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
Serum-like product: still need one
Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
Mcfrizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #14

LindseyLoo003's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012

i use it for co washing and i like it for that but its not moisturizing enough for my length so i use GVP after. My hair feels stronger whenever i do a co-wash with it so even though ill probably want to try other things as co washes i could see myself going back to this. Its a good conditioner for co was hing.
LindseyLoo003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #15

Geek_Chic's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

V05's Silky Experiences Champagne Kiss looks reasonably similar, and even has Hydrolyzed Silk as its protein ingredient.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 10 (CI 47005).
CG since 11/2011

Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, Cure Care
Stylers: HESMU, LALSG
PT: IAGirl's (every 2 weeks or as needed)
Trying: Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel