SUAVE Tropical Coconut Conditioner - reformulated ?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGH !!!

X2 the moisterizer = x2 silicone ??

Did this get a new formula ? I didnt realize the change until I was co-washing and wondered why it wasnt as creamy

Thoughts, insight, feedback ?? Im scared since this is my daily routine.
3B/C ; Suave Coconut Co-wash/LA Looks Gel or KCCC w/ KCKT (during the cooler months); I use Coconut &/or EVOO (Olive Oil) for Deep Conditioning.
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGH !!!

X2 the moisterizer = x2 silicone ??

Thoughts, insight, feedback ?? Im scared since this is my daily routine.
Originally Posted by CurlyVee
Can you post the new ingredients? I looked on their website and they don't seem to be updated.
I just bought this bottle and here is what it says, I can't seem to find the this exact same ingredient list online anywhere...

Water, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, lactic acid, potassium chloride, fragrance, disodium EDTA, PEG-150 distearate, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, propylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate [vitamin e acetate], silk amino acids, honey, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, rosemary leaf extract, coconut fruit extract

Also, it amuses me that the front of the bottle says "up to 2X more moisturizing*" and on the back it says "*vs. non-conditioning shampoo". DUH. Of course a conditioner is more moisturizing than a shampoo.

Last edited by aliquot; 12-28-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Looks like they are reformulating all the conditioners. I haven't tried any of the new ones yet, although they all still look to be CG.....I don't see any silicones...the ingredients that end in "none" are not silicones if I'm not mistaken. HTH.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
I just bought a bottle, and it works fine for me. I'm pretty sure only -cone, -conol, and -xane is bad.
CG since 24/11/10; started 2c/3a, want to become 3b. (Insert "HOPE" and "CHANGE" posters here.)

Products: Suave naturals coconut conditioner, HE TT gel, Aveda curl control on dry hair, and tea tree oil or a brown sugar scrub every so often to remove buildup.
Originally Posted by curlykey
you are right those are not silicones, but preservatives

Originally Posted by aliquot
OOOOO I actually like this ingredient, they took out the Cetrimonium Chloride which I don't usually like
2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE
Love all SS products
Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
AG MousseGel
BRHG
Yarrr....I JUST bought this to CO-wash with! I'm hoping it gets the job done. It can't be any worse than what I was using (whatever i found in the back of my cabinet, DEF. not cg friendly).
3b, shoulder length.

Current Regimen: Co wash, Naked Naturals Aloe Awapuhi & Lavender Moisturizing Conditioner, Hamadi Healing Serum, L'oreal Everpure serum, DevaCurl AnGel, and Ganier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray.

Originally Posted by aliquot
Originally Posted by wavysue
yes, SD is more conditioning than CC! I personally do not like CC at all on my hair. Others swear by it
WOO HOO!!! My hair doesn't like Centrimonium Chloride!! It adds to my frizz! I hope this works better because I love Suave coconut for a co wash!
CG - 3/27/09
3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
Styling: lube and BRHG
Here is a question for masses (gulp)

What could we use as an alternate if Suave Tropical Coconut went away ? A few weeks back I tried the Organix Coconut Milk and my hair hated it 😳
I found the SN TC with SD at my local supermarket here in FL.

Strangely enough, the ingredient listing on Suave's website includes cetrimonium chloride, so if there's been a reformulation, they're not reflecting that.

Last edited by yossarian; 04-07-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Here is a question for masses (gulp)

Originally Posted by CurlyVee
i dont think Suave would ever go away (atleast i hope not!) but ive heard great things about Vo5, cure care, and tresemme naturals lol
Lo-poorganix Shea butter shampoo
Co-wash: suave coconut
Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
Serum-like product: still need one
Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
i use it for co washing and i like it for that but its not moisturizing enough for my length so i use GVP after. My hair feels stronger whenever i do a co-wash with it so even though ill probably want to try other things as co washes i could see myself going back to this. Its a good conditioner for co was hing.
V05's Silky Experiences Champagne Kiss looks reasonably similar, and even has Hydrolyzed Silk as its protein ingredient.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 10 (CI 47005).
CG since 11/2011
2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Autumn Products /Routine:
Clarifying: ACV rinses, Suave Professional Men Deep Clean Peppermint
Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, VO5 KLS, Cure Care
Stylers: FSG, L'Oreal Studio Clean gel, Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
PT: IAGirl's as needed