Suave Gels

I was in WalMart, this Saturday. There, I saw several SUAVE Hair gels that seem to be CG friendly. Has anybody here tried them? How well is the hold? Does the fragrance stay strong or fade as the hair dries? Do any of them make the hair stiff and crunchy? (I like mine to stay softer.)

The gels I saw are:

Basics Extra Hold Shape & Control Gel

Basics Extreme Hold Sculpting Freeze Gel

Basics Mega Hold Sculpting Gel

Naturals Aloe Vera Extra Hold Frizz Control Gel
3A/3B type chest-lenght color-treaded. Tends to be dry with some frizz, year-round. (Check out my fotki)
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
I have used the suave aloe gel . its med hold , not too crunchy , the smell didnt stay in my hair , but i love the suave sculpting freeze gel #10 , its a dark purple color , the smell is like a clean scent to me but i dont mind it , it has max hold and there is alot of crunch factor but i just scrunch it out after it drys , i find my curls hold better with this gel . i only use this gel in the summer months , winter i use cream stylers like Re:coil or Boots curl cream .
Modified CG-Use Low Poo
Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
*Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
Hmm.... never heared of "Pink Boots". Where do you buy that?

I'm trying to stay away from gels that don't make my chest-length curls look and feel like chinese noodles. I do like a good hold though.
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
as far as i know pink boots u can only get in the UK , they have a website but i dont know it off hand, its a lil pricey for a small jar but thats why i get boots off the swap board..much cheaper and great deals , i just got two brand new boots both for $12 from the swap and that was including shipping .
Modified CG-Use Low Poo
Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*

Originally Posted by ruqayya33
LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE this gel. It's my HG. No crunch, natural hold, glossy, super defined, frizz free curls, and I can use it to touch up 2nd/3rd day hair and it isn't sticky or crunchy. I couldn't live without this one!

Basics Mega Hold Sculpting Gel
I don't love this, but don't hate it either. It's alright. A little too crunchy/stringy for my tastes. My curls just didn't look as voluminous and natural like they do w/ the Aloe Frizz Gel.
3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
Originally Posted by tinicurlyd
Boots Curling Cream, it's available from britsuperstore.com, or the white version in a tube is available from NC.com member banjocurl. My favorite cream and my favorite winter styler.

Originally Posted by DominicanaHeat
I agree completely! I've tried more expensive gels, and all of the new HE gels, but the Suave Aloe is the best for me.
Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.

Originally Posted by DominicanaHeat
Originally Posted by linda_m
Yes! I'm on 4th day hair today because I was too lazy to wake up earlier this morning. Just added a dollop of the gel into my hands and rubbed over the canopy and the curls are soft and defined.
Hmm... Guess, I'll have ot run out by WalMart and get the Aloe Gel...

I love Suave products - especially the price! Even if something doesn't work out, I haven't spend and arm and a leg, as with others. - I did spend $29 on a gel/creme, this weekend. It's a great styler, but ..... the price ..... I know I'm crazy!!
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
Hmm... Guess, I'll have ot run out by WalMart and get the Aloe Gel...

Originally Posted by ruqayya33
Your hair sounds similar to mine...it may work for ya, especially if you want something that has hold but still leaves your hair looking natural...
Just bought the Suave Aloe gel today. A whopping $1.59, for a huge bottle, at WalMart.

Will try it tomorrow.

Had to pry my hot little hands of the Suave Fresh Strawberry Condish. I still have to use up the Tropical Coconut and the Toasted Vanilla & Sugar. I looooooooove Suave.

Will try it tomorrow.
Originally Posted by ruqayya33
How big was that bottle?

Originally Posted by ruqayya33
Isn't it yummy? And I love how soft and curly my hair is after using it.
The bottles (Suave Coconut and Suave Vanilla & Sugar) in my shower are FAMILY SIZE, which I think is somewhere around 24 oz. On my bathroom counter, I have the same condishes in the smaller 12(?) oz bottles to use as a leave-in creme mixed with a bit of unscented coconut or almond oil. I find, that when I apply the leave-in while still in the shower, my towel soaks up most of it and I won't get the best of it. Instead, I blot my hair dry a bit and then apply it. (My hair is still relatively wet.)

The Suave Strawberry at my local WalMart was a FAMILY SIZE. They didn't have the smaller ones. They also don't seem to stock the Suave Milk & Honey, which is a little like the Vanilla & Sugar, only less sweet smelling.

My local Brooks Pharmacy carries only the smaller bottles...... They are typically the same price as WalMart's FAMILY SIZE (around $1.59), but this week they are on sale for $.88 and you can apply their coupon of a $1 off if you buy 2 of any Suave products.
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
oops.... I didn't completely read DominicanaHeat's post. She asked about the Aloe gel.....

The Aloe gel bottle is 16 oz for $1.57 at my local WalMart. (+ CT tax of 6%)
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
I thought they were making family size gels too! I was ready to go on the hunt!
Well.... 16oz is pretty much FAMILY SIZE for me - a family of one....

Typically, my other gel bottles are 6 - 8 oz.
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
I really like the sculpting freeze gel. It doesn't have as strong a hold as its name implies; it's a nice balance between hold and flexibility for me.
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us."
-Marianne Williamson
I like the aloe one, not enough hold in the summer but good in the winter.

Between 3a/3b
“Law is order, and good law is good order” (Aristotle).