I bought 2 CG friendly hair gels, this weekend.

The first is Dove Define & Shine Control Gel .

Ingredients are: Water (Aqua), PVP, Carbomer, Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Isoceteth-20, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Diazolidinyl Urea, Oleth-20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silk Amino Acids [Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Arginine, Isoleucine, Cystine, Histidine, Glutamic Acid, Lysine], Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis) [Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Eicosenoic Acid], Glycerin, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730)

Dove claims... "Shape and define your style with new Dove Define & Shine Control Gel with our unique Weightless Moisturizers and you'll enjoy all-day control and shine with natural movement in your hair."

I've tried it once, so far. It seems fine. Leaves my hair soft, smells lightl, doesn't flake and kept the frizzies at bay. I'm not sure if it actually did moisturize, since I used Suave Coconut Condish which is awesome even on it's own. I would not call it a "strong hold gel," though. I think, I paid no more than $2 for it.

BTW.... I glanced at Dove's Shape & Lift Volumizing Gel which seems to have the same ingredients!!!! I suppose the amounts are different....?!

The second gel/styling creme is Keratase Nutritive Creme Nutri Sculpt. I don't have the ingredients list handy right now, but I remember it to contain PVP/VA and no cones. My stylist (I had my hair colored, Sunday) recommended it as a frizz-control product. I used it AFTER my hair was dry (with a diffuser on low heat & low speed.) I did scrunch about a quarter-sized amount into my chest-length hair. It did control the frizzies well and gave me some shine without the greasy/oily look of oils or cones. It is, however, not cheap. I spend $29 on that one! I know.... I'm craaaaaaaaaazyyyyy!
3A/3B type chest-lenght color-treaded. Tends to be dry with some frizz, year-round. (Check out my fotki)
*****************************************
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.