Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel with Sparkle Lites

This gel rocks!!!!!!!!!! It is my Holy Grail hair product. How did I happen upon this gelatin goodness, you ask???? Come closer so I can tell you....

I was browsing around CVS when I happened upon the Hair products section (not sure how I ended up there, but I seem to be on that isle a lot ). As I surveyed the vast land of hair goodness...lo...upon the 3rd shelf from the bottom did I see this plainly disguised gelatination....upon first glance it did not look all that fabulous, but I noticed on the product ingredient listing that glycerin was the second ingredient....SOLD!!!!! So I purchased this lovely item (at a rock bottom price of $4.89).

I tried it out the next day. I am partially on the CG routine. I did shampoo with CON, conditioned with Suave Naturals Cucumber Melon, and then applied the IC polisher all over hair. Unlike other products, this did keep my hair wet all day, it doesn't have a strong smell and it didn't leave my hair feeling too crunchy (although there was a little crunch...of which I later realized meant I was using too much). I misted a little leave in conditioner on top of that and walked out of the door for my day.

Now here is the truly amazing part: I woke up the next morning and my hair, as usual, looked like I'd been attacked during the night. My curls were still defined but they looked smashed into my skull. So I decided to try and mist some leave in conditioner to see if that would be enough to elicit 2nd day hair...guess what?????? IT WORKED!!!! My hair looked great after misting, plumping, and spraying a little polishing spray. Infact my coworkers were like, "You must have gotten up to wash hair again this morning...your hair looks great!" I was so excited!

FYI: My hair texture is some 3b...tons of 3c...with some 4a to add some flavor........I hope this review helps!
Love Never Fails.....
Does it have sparkle (mica) as an ingredient? Last week, I saw a gel that did have mica in it... Not sure if that would make a great everyday gel. I suppose it would be nice for a night out at the club or a party-do.
3A/3B type chest-lenght color-treaded. Tends to be dry with some frizz, year-round. (Check out my fotki)
*****************************************
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
It doesn't have any actual "sparkles" in it, but it's supposed to make your hair shiny. I almost bought it yesterday, but then I saw Walgreens had Samy products on sale.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Does it really contain gelatin or does it just feel like gelatin?
Here are the ingredients:

Purified Water (Aqua); Glycerin; Carbomer; Triethanolamine; Aloe Vera Gel; Dimethicone Copolyol; Tocopheryl Acetate; Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein; Polysorbate-20; Benzophenone-4; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone; Disodium EDTA; Fragrance (Parfum)
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Thanks. They don't sell these products in stores here, so I couldn't go and look.
Originally Posted by x_tigerlily
Really?? I've seen them everywhere! Are you sure you are looking for the right thing? It's a very plain looking clear jar with some red and green writing on it. The gel in it is clear too. It's usually in the "ethnic" hair section.

ETA: Never mind, I see you're in Canada. Just in case though, here's a pic of what it looks like:

*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Thanks. No, I have looked for it before at the drug store and at Wal Mart. I might buy it online.
3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
ITA! This gel does rock!!
I just recently discovered it and I am liking this stuff! It gives me great curls and the hold is just right for me. It defines my curls, keeps em in place, but at the same time, the crunch isn't outrageous. Now I will admit that this gel is a little thicker than what I'm used to but I just make sure I apply it to soaking wet hair- this distributes it a little better. 2nd day hair is attainable by adding a little water and maybe a touch more gel.
Lotsa 3c curls
Curly Journey Album
Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
Well dang it I couldn't find this today when I looked. I didn't go to walgreens yet, I'll have to try that next week. I saw some clear ice, but it didn't have glycerine or aloe in it so I passed. Waaaaaaaaa
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
Sorry i haven't been responding....went home for Christmas....I'm not sure where many of you are located but I was in Mississippi and I found it at Rite Aide. Maybe you can find it there....Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!
Love Never Fails.....