Anyone try L'Oreal Studio Line Silky Curls Gel?

I haven't found any reviews on this product yet. The ingredients are listed below. Would this be considered CG friendly?

Water, Alcohol Denat., PVP, Carbomer, VP/Dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate Copolymer, Fragrance, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol, Polyquaternium 11, PEG/PPG 22/24 Dimethicone, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine HCl, Iodopropyl Butylcarbamate, Amyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional
CG re-joined: 3/15/2012
2c,3a, (sensitive to protein)
Cowash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
RinseOut (rotate): GVP condish balm, Garnier 3X Nutrition, Aubrey Honeysuckle
Cleansing: KC Come Clean
Stylers: CK, Biotera gel & cream, HE set me up, Pantene Curl Gel Spray
Sunscreen: Fairy Tales Coco Cabana Sun Spray
And it sucks.

You may not find me credible since I am new around here, but this garbage did horrible things to my fine, wavy hair. The second ingredient is denatured alcohol, which is a drying alcohol, so I don't know why I expected anything good to come from using this.

I have only used it one time, and my hair was 'damp' as the instructions indicated that it should be prior to use. Welp, now, an hour later, my hair is frizzy, limp, and feels crunchy (the kind of crunchy where I now need to replenish the moisture this stuff sucked out of my hair). There is nothing at all 'silky' OR 'curly' about my hair right now. In fact, I get more curl definition from merely scrunching a leave-in into my hair and nothing else. I would not recommend it. I will update if anything changes, but my first experience with this has been horrible. And I love their Melting Gel and Out of Bed Texturizer. I thought this would be a good thing. Sigh.
I would have to agree with Melsie on this one- this didn't do much but feel like a cheapo drugstore generic gel that was kinda thin and just didn't work. Left me a stringy crunchy mess, that even upon SOTC looked nasty. Perhaps you will have better luck with it though? Have you tried it yet?

I second Melsie's props to the studio's line Melting Gel, LOOB and I also like Tightly Wound curl spray gel. Every time I've gone outside of those three products and tried something else in their line I've been severely disappointed.
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

I feel like a sucker for buying this now lol. I just put it in my hair and I'm waiting for he end result. Which now I see might come out horrible lol.

EDIT: My results came out pretty good! I think it may have to do with the technique I use but right now my hair looks really damn good and I'm happy
3a/3b Protein sensitive
Lo-Poo: MOP-C Hydration
Co-wash TJ's tea tree, suave
Conditioners: Yes to Cucumbers, TIGI Moisture Maniac
DT:Ion reconstructor
Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Any of my other conditioners.
Stylers: FSG!, Curl Keeper, HETT mousse, CJ CIAB, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, L'oreal Studio Silky Curls Gel, Deva Set it Free
I diffuse and use CHS roller jaw clips
I'm full Chinese and I never knew how to control my unruly hair until now! I <3 this website oh so very much.

Last edited by mimiko; 03-05-2011 at 10:50 PM.