Coconut Oil

Where can i purchase some natural coconut oil? i've gone to the grocery stores and just couldnt find any. The only jars i've seen are online. Anyone know anywhere else i can look?
or search me on youtube: blugtar87

Phone cord curls (dont know what type). Looser in the front and on top (maybe from heat damage?)

Ecco styler gel
Whole Foods carries coconut oil (unrefined). Probably any organic or all-natural grocery store would carry it.
2B/Coarse/Fine but plentiful/cut in an inverted bob

Wash: TJ's Tea Tree Tingle or Nourish
Conditioner: GVP Balm (love!!)
Leave-in: Still looking for my HG!
Style: When I wear it curly (KKCC, MOPC Curling Custard, HESMU), when I wear it straight (Crisco)

Second (or third!) day hair is my goal when I wear it curly. I often look like I did my hair with an egg beater on Day 2.
I found it in a bunch of different places, mostly the non-chain grocery stores, like a lot of health food stores around me carry it, and even some of the grocery stores do carry it, but it's just not near all the other cooking oils.
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

I got a big tub of pure, unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil at the Vitamin Shop for around 7-8$, Ive had it for about 1.5 years and am only half way through the jar!
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
ok thanks everyone im goin to look for some! i hear its good for the scalp and pre-pooing and sealing.

Originally Posted by Lucky Charm

Woah, NICE FIND! Because of this thread I went out and replaced my old oil- it's about a year and a half old now, doesn't feel, melt, or smell the same anymore so I figured it'd be time to get a new jar. The cheapest was a 14oz jar for $11!

Originally Posted by blu_gtar87
It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for those things! I love how it just soaks right in- it's the only oil I can put on that doesn't grease me out totally. I think there was a curly chemist article about it awhile back about how it does this.

I've heard of coconut being associated with protein for some reason- does anyone know if this is true?
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Whenever I can't find something locally, I check amazon. They have lots of choices:
Amazon.com: coconut oil
Hair: tight waves to loose curls. Thick. Coarse. Dry. Natural redhead until bright white strands popped out. Color with FramColor now. Shampoo: alternate Phytojoba with Cowash: Suave coconut, Paul Brown or those that didn't work well as a conditioner. Conditioner: can't find one heavy enough. Product: Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade. DT: Coconut Oil
I found a 14 oz jar at Andronico's for $10.00 in the baking section.
Medium to course texture
Slightly porous
Normal elasticity
High density

Have you tried the coconut oil yet????

I wanted to send you a lil note, I use the coco oil on my face to wash all of the makeup and gunk off at the end of the day...while my water is running in the sink (hot) I rub coco oil into my skin and onto my eye makeup then take the hot rag...and place on my skin for a min...works wonderfully.

Also before I go to sleep at night I will put enough oil on my hands to rub into my hair, then bundle my hair up...and in the mornings after my routine, I put a little oil on my hands and use it to SOTC...and I swear it is contributing to my hair growing more than normal

3b....
not for sure about my other "stuff"
Still new and trying to get a routine

Originally Posted by 4Melanie
oh yeeah i've used it. i love how it makes my hair feel soft. only thing i have to remember since its really cold where i am to give it time to absorb into my hair otherwise it solidifies lol

im def gonna try it on my face. i was told i needed to start using something lol

Originally Posted by 4Melanie

Originally Posted by blu_gtar87
OP, I love the way you describe your hair haha. When I read "telephone cable" I looked at the telepone in front of me and thought "Oh I bet those are gorgeous!"

I can't wait to try this miracle oil too!
kind of off topic, but I heard 2 table spoons of evco a day can make your metabolism faster?
as of 6/12/11.

COwash- Suave Juicy Apple.
Rinse-out- VO5 Passion Fruit Moisture Milks.

Recovering from a bad glue-in extension job.