-   -   Darcy’s Botanicals New Curl Cream Gel and Styling Cream (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/120049-darcy%92s-botanicals-new-curl-cream-gel-styling-cream.html)

zenalla 01-21-2011 09:10 AM

Darcy’s Botanicals New Curl Cream Gel and Styling Cream

For those who have already tested the Darcy’s Botanicals New Curl Styling Cream or Curl Cream Gel, could you please share your experience with those products?
I don’t find a lot of review about those products so wanted to know if it could be suitable for my hair type.

Thanks

curlyserf 01-21-2011 09:17 AM

I've tried the Curl Cream Gel a couple of times. It doesn't have a very strong hold, but it worked fine. My hair was soft and curled pretty nicely. I don't know that I would repurchase, but I will use it occasionally.

zenalla 01-21-2011 09:28 AM

Thanks for your answer Curlyserf.
What about the volume? I've read (from someone that who use it on dry that) that it give some volume.
Did you experiment that either?

curlyserf 01-21-2011 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by zenalla (Post 1569354)
Thanks for your answer Curlyserf.
Did you experiment that either?

Didn't try it on dry hair. I think it did give me decent volume when I used it on wet hair.

romigjam 01-21-2011 10:55 PM

I have both, and I'm still experimenting with both. The gel can't be used in large amount for myself, or in large amounts ALONE (how I used it), because it left my hair dry and stringy. But other that that conclusion I'm still experimenting.

The cream leaves my hair feeling very WAXY if I use too much. Rubbing it into my hands has a very waxy feel as well. I've had my jar since Black Friday of 2010 (only about 2 months) and the oils are already settling at the top and it has a curdled looking effect going on. Some of the ingredients are clumping together to form little chunks in the cream. They are easily rubbed out, but it doesn't feel appealing when I try to scoop a small bit out.

I am doing more experimenting tomorrow!

afrosheenqueen 01-31-2011 12:37 AM

I like the cream gel. As the above poster said it doesn't have much hold so I have to pair it with a curl enhancer but the results I get are nice. I recieved 2 compliments today on my wash and go. I have plans to buy this again.

EllyEllyOxenFree 01-31-2011 09:48 AM

I don't really like the Styling Cream, I reviewed on my blog. Since the review, I also tried it on dry twists and it was better, but I prefer other products.

Stuff I Really Wanted to Like: Darcy’s Botanicals Curl Styling Cream « My Quest for the Perfect Curl

Naturalista 03-01-2011 11:33 PM

Finally got around to trying the new gel...

and I really like it!:toothy7: I used it on top of the Peach Kernel Hydrating Hair Milk and got nice plump, shiny curls. The product has a thin consistency of a gelly with lots of slip which makes it easy to smooth onto the hair. It controlled my frizz pretty well and dried with a "just right" level 3 hold (didn't change my shrinkage level though).

The dew was 3 today and it held up wonderfully. I haven't tried the cream yet, but we'll see...

One point for team DB.

ETA: Easy day 2 hair. No frizz. Excellent bed head!

Cerendipity 03-02-2011 07:20 AM

I like the Curl Cream a lot. I used it with the Shea Butter Curl Moisturizing Cream, the picture in my siggy is when I tried it out

ajna 03-06-2011 07:35 PM

I got both on the black friday sale as well.

The gel gives you a soft hold but not a lot of shine. I felt like by twist out was still a bit frizzy. I do like it for bunning though because it lays your hair down nicely but you do not have the hard crunch look. When I take my bun down at night my hair does not feel stiff.

I 100% agree with romigjam on the curl cream. To much leaves my hair with this weird film but not waxy more greasy. The oils have also started to separate in my jar. To compensate I mixed in a bit of activator gel, aloe vera gel, wheat germ oil and MSM. It works great now!

FrizzBgone 03-18-2011 10:41 PM

I've tried the Curl Styling (leave-in) Cream and really liked it; I did use it as a LI and not a styler. It was comparable to the MD Curly Styling Cream that I love as LI.

I haven't used the Curling Cream Gel yet, but it is on my list of 'to be ordered' items :mrgreen:

melaniesusan 05-06-2011 09:33 AM

Smasters just posted a picture on her blog of her hair with the DB curling cream gel in it - and nothing else. It looks really nice! Check it out: How's My Hair?

curlyserf 05-06-2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by melaniesusan (Post 1655226)

Her hair looks amazing! I'll have to pull mine out and try it this weekend. It's been quite a while and the weather finally seems to be changing.

Katie111 05-27-2011 03:16 PM

I have tried the curl styling leave in cream and i must say that i like it...it left my hair frizz free and gave me nice curl definition. But you cant use so much because it would leave your hair greasy and waxy so i totally agree with romigjam....
I used it with schwarzkopf got2b smooth and chic lotion, darsy's cream as first and it works pretty well together...
I've also tried Komaza coconut curl hair lotion but darcy's is much better and works better for my 3b curls. Komaza left my hair greasy so much so i guess its more suitable for 4 hair types.
and as somebody already wrote in here it doesnt have a hold so its good to use it with some styling product.
please excuse me for my english...im not from english speaking country so im sure that i made some mistakes...thanksss :D :)

dresdendoll 04-23-2012 09:16 PM

Bump!
I'm loving the Cream Gel and Cleansing Conditioner :)
I notice that I do have to clarify with ACV once a week or so or my hair will get limp, but these two give me awesome ringlets. To make sure it wasn't just my technique or the weather, I switched products for a while and got OK but not great curls. Now I'm back to this, and I'm getting spirals!