A leave-in/ styler/ and gel--- duhhhh :)

Helloooo.

So. I think i've figured out what works best on my hair. I've finally figured out what i need to do to get my hair to "behave" and be defined. Im probably so late smh...

My hair wants a leave-in conditioner.
A styling product that defines.
A gel to hold that definition.

...something you other curlies have prob figured out by now lol. im so late..

Recently i used Kinkycurly knot today (leave-in)
Curly meringue (defining styler)
Ecco styler gel (...my gel)

hair came out great. didnt have to twist it to define like usual. im ecstatic to now be able to wear my curls, but... the products i have may not be the healthiest for my hair.

i wanted to know what are some good products to use in those three categories. products for winter time andd summer. because im pretty much going to stick to that routine.

curlmart has a great selection, but its a lot to take in so i'd appreciate any feedback. thanks
or search me on youtube: blugtar87

Phone cord curls (dont know what type). Looser in the front and on top (maybe from heat damage?)

Ecco styler gel
I just figured out recently (like in the last week) that my hair needs all three in winter as well.

I know Kinky Curly Knot Today is recommended on here alot, so I'd stick with that one.

The other two I've never heard of. Curlmart is way to overwhelming for me, so I stick to Target and Sally's.

I've had good luck with Sally's Biotera curl cream. Just don't use it with LA Looks Sports Gel. It doesn't react well together.

However, since LA Looks is currently my HG for gel, I am on the hunt for a new curl cream.
Jenni
I use KCKT, KCCC and LA looks hold 8.... That seems to be working but I have had someone recommend me using curl keeper during the summer to help with humidity. HTH!
i've never heard of the LA looks, or biotera lol but i definitely want to try curl keeper.

i do have some KCCC but someone gave it to me and there's only the bottom of the jar left. i dont know how old it is either and how long it stays good cuz there's some weird white swirls in it that i dont see in the new jars in the stores :/

Ecco styler gel
If you don't think the one you have is good, I would definitely go get some. For me personally, KCCC has made the biggest difference in my hair. And it works even better using KCKT (which you already have). You can get LA looks from walmart and I get my KC products from Target but I hear Wholefoods carries them as well...
Have you checked out aveda's newest product- their be curly style prep? It's a leave in that really defines and fights frizz and has some hold. Check out their online videos, too, if you click on the "video" tab when looking at this product: be curly(tm) style-prep(tm). prep. styling. Aveda - products that nurture.

The first of the four videos really focuses on defining and fighting frizz.

The first of the four videos really focuses on defining and fighting frizz.
thanks. i'll have to look into that product. maybe it would work for my crazy hair lol

Ecco styler gel
I used to have to use about 5 different products from leave-in conditioners, gel, spritz, silicone shine...Along with twisting my hair for a good curl pattern. Not anymore! I now use Soc it 2 Mii Curls gel therapy from Red's Kitchen Sink and all those other products are history. It brings out the natural curl pattern in my hair, the frizz is gone and my curls last about a week! I saw it on you tube one day and I ordered it! My curls are da bomb!!! Best of all, it's natural and grows my hair faster too!
I use their Herbal Hair Souffle for added shine and moisture! I will post pics!
You Tube link: No Frizz Curls http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioElZCpBVlg
In addition to the aveda leave in (be curly style prep) that gives curl, definition & hold, I also think you might like aveda's light elements texturizing cream or light elements defining whip as a finishing product (also work well on damp hair). Both add texture, definition and hold. The texturizing cream is lighter feeling- feels like body lotion and the whip is thicker- feels like noxzema. Only use a tiny amount to start out with. The cream adds shine, definition, a little hold and brings out layers while the whip has a little more hold than the cream and is a matte finish.

If you find a salon that sells aveda, most are willing to give you a little sample to take home (or bring a tiny container of your own). Also, most salons will provide refunds on aveda products. Check out aveda's website for lots of product reviews for these items.

Low Poo
(Aveda's damage remedy); Styling: Aveda's: Color Conserve Daily leave in+ Be Curly Style Prep+ Phomollient (mixed w/ Defining Whip)
Originally Posted by TxCurly0820
I've never seen KC at Target. Boo, not fair
Vanessa
CG since 9/2007
www.DixonJewelryAndMore.etsy.com

medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, CHS Tweek
blu_gtar87- I just got a sample of aveda's light elements defining whip. It's awesome and I think it would be great for your hair texture. I tried it on dry hair (as instructed) just a dab and flipped my head upside down and then right side up on the outershaft. Instant defined curls, fullness, slight hold and absolutely no crunch or stickiness. Also tried instead of curl cream when wet and it really makes curl enhanced with a little hold. I think this would be worth your trying to find a sample of from an aveda salon. Tons of reviews of it you can read at Aveda's website, too. A lot of curly reviewers use it as their main styling tool.

Originally Posted by slivola
Hi slivola. I have been reading your Aveda recommendations with interest. Are all their products CG? ie sulphate, paraben & silicone free? I can't find any info online that lists ingredients. I would love to try the curl prep as a curl cream.
3a. iii medium porosity.
JC, FSG, Matrix Biolage hydratherapie,
Giovanni 5050, KCCC

All CJ products
Hi JerrY- All Aveda hair products are paraben free. Sulfates and cones just depends on the product, but even those that use them it's minimal and all of their products are water soluble so they wash out with no build up. The be curly style prep is CG friendly- no cones or sulfates in that one. I know, I wish they listed every ingredient online- sometimes I can find them searching google and they pop up on other sites. You can also email the aveda customer service dept and they will email you back with the complete list of ingredients for whatever you are considering. I would suggest you find a salon near you that sells aveda and go in and look around. They are usually really good at letting you try them out right there, and many will put together samples for you to try if you ask- mine uses little condiment containers.

Using the be curly style prep as a curl cream is the way to go. You will need a very good leave in beforehand. I don't know why they call it a "style prep" because it really isn't at all for 3 or 4 type curls (probably perfect all in one product for 2 type though).

Originally Posted by TxCurly0820
I've never seen KC at Target. Boo, not fair
Originally Posted by sessac81
I went and looked again, and, to my surprise... it was there!!!

They also had Curls, Carol's Daughter and a couple other product lines! I was stoked
Vanessa