Shea Moisture Exclusively at Target

Okay, so i'm back on the hunt again for product....I've used KK's Knot Today leave in conditioner, works great, but the price...kinda hurts now that my hair has grown and I will need to use more product...

I'm seeing rave reviews about the Shea Moisture's
Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Conditioning Milk

8oz. $9.99

Exclusively at Target. They said a little goes a long way so I' m going to pick some up today. But I was curious if anyone has used it or heard about it.

I was gonna splurge and spend $50 on Carol's Daughter to get stocked up again but i'm seeing soo many negatives as far as the price isn't worth the product and either the product smells bad or begins to smell bad after a period of time....

I'm seeing rave reviews about the Shea Moisture's
Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Conditioning Milk

8oz. $9.99

Originally Posted by LaLaLovely76
Do a search on this thread and on the 4a thread. You will find many reviews and discussions there.

Personally, I like that product and the curl smoothie. They keep me moisturized in the summer and I find that the need for gel or something with hold is minimized with these products since they have a little hold on their own. I would only use a product to help with frizz when necessary. I have been experimenting too much this winter, but I loved them in the summer and will use again this year. I think that when I finish up my stash I might commit to this product line, since I can buy on the ground.
4a/3c curls
Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
Team Wash and Go!
iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
I love the shea moisture curl& style milk and the curl enhancing smoothie! Ive also tried the restorative conditioner and that works excellent as a leave in under my washngo's.

Nxt on my list is to try the moisture retnesion shampoo and the african black soap shampoo also.
for the price$$ and the amount or product you get, this line is one of my staples!
I currently use the restorative conditioner as a leave and I use the moisture restoring shampoo. I had been a CD user for years but I must say I had a really bad experience with the Tui stripping and matting my hair. SheaMoisture has been a lifesaver!!! My curls are relaxed and bouncy before I condition. After hearing so much about the cocunut milk and conditioning smoothie I am going to go and purchase them today as well.

As a side note. They have a head to toe body wash in the baby aisle that goes on like honey. I used that before I found out they had a whole line of products for curlly hair and my hair liked that too. Now I use it on all my kids. Can't beat the price either. Keep us posted on your decision and progress.

"Ko"
I love the smoothie that they have at Target! the milk is ok, I use it sometimes.. But the smoothie is a great leave in and even a styler for me at times!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

for the love of the lens...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
I have the smoothie, shea something shampoo and the deep mask treatment. I dislike all of it when used as instructed.

The shampoo sucked for my hair but works great when I soak my feet for a pedicure, I have also been using it to wash my dog who has sensitive skin and it is fantastic.

As for the smoothie it would feel great when I put it on then by the end of the day I have this film which was icky. So now I add it to water and a few essential oils I use it as a spritz when I retwist my hair at night. So far it is ok.

The deep mask treatment did nothing for me as a conditioner. I have used it as a leave in but I really do not care for it in part it is the smell, not that it smells bad but I am aware of it all day. I have used it in place of shaving cream and it works fine for that. I do plan to try it with a steamer and see if I have better results though.

Lots of people love this stuff I think I am one of the rare ones it does not work well for. In general I think it is to heavy for my hair to absorb.
Hair Type: 3c/4a/4b, fine, normal porosity

"Ko"
Originally Posted by PrettyPowerful
I love that Shea Moisture Baby. I lay down my edges, smooth dry lips and heels with the baby balm. I don't have kids, but I use my nieces and nephews as an excuse to keep it around. You know they can be cleaned up in a pinch, and safely. I just wish it were easier coming out of the tube because I would use it even more.
4a/3c curls
Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
Team Wash and Go!
iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
The Curl and Style Milk is my fave product from the line.
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
I want my Target to carry these lines.

for all the comments ladies! I love it!! It has my hair really soft and moisturized AND it smells wonderful!! I'll have to branch out on Shea Moisture's other products once I run out!
Don't remove the kinks from your hair. Remove them from your brain. ~Marcus Garvey
I've used the Raw Shea Conditioner and Restorative Elixir to DC my hair (w/ heat) and it works really well! I don't like the Coconut & Hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie because of the smell, and because it doesn't really provide long-lasting moisture. I want to try the Yucca line because my hair needs more volume. Let me know if you try them!
I love the Shea moisture retention shampoo. Didn't like the hair masque, but love this shampoo- does not strip moisture at all.
Curl Pattern:2b Texture: medium
Porosity: med to high Density: med Elasticity: normal
Lowpoo: (2x/wk) Shea moisture retention/ Mop C
Cowash: Mop C/ AHRC
Deep cond: Darcy's pumpkin seed condish/ SS deep
Leave in: CJ curl assurance condish
Stylers: SS CEJ, CJ Aloe Fix Lite
Hair hates: JC rockin' ringlets/CJ CIAB/AG recoil
Hair loves: super soaking/ protein/ ACV rinses
mod CG since 7/09

Originally Posted by ajna
I thought I was the only person that felt this way about the Smoothie, it feels so moisturizing and nice going on . .but aftewards it made my hair feel squeaky and weird. Don't know how else to explain it.

Could be the silk protein in it. . . I know wheat protein and I don't get along, so my hair may have something against the silk protein in it.
last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

The products didn't agree with my hair. The coconut and silk protein actually made my hair dry and crispy, and my scalp itch.

Conversely, the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner have worked really well for my hair.
Your hair is your most important accessory.
______________________________________
The Big Chop performed on 1/15/2011!!!

I have 3b hair,dry, more on the coarse side, with a tendency to frizz and be flyaway. Everyone's holy grail line, Curl Junkie, just doesn't always work for me I have more problems with their products than I do successes. That's how tempermental my hair is. My hair likes protein, but not alot every day. It likes ACV about once a week, maybe every 10 days. It's moisture-deprived, and even when it's not, it looks as if it is, if that makes sense. (It will look dry, even when it feels soft and not dry.)
Would this line work for me?
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C