Jessicurl vs DevaCurl. vs Hair Rules

I thought that maybe you guys could help me out a bit. I just order the Curly Girl book and I am considering going with the CG no-poo route. I've have been debating between Jessicurl, DevaCurl, and Hair Rules. If you have ever used this product, help me out in decided.

My hair type is a 3a and 3b mixture, with 3a in the back and 3b in the front. My hair is also pretty thick as well.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I will answer them to the best of my abilities.

Thank you for the help!

I'll post some pictures up. It might be easier to see. ;D My hair just needs to dry.

Last edited by Bridal.Wreath; 02-13-2011 at 11:17 AM.
I think you should try Deva or Jessicurl.. I haven't tried Hair Rules or Jessicurl though. Deva one condition is my fav detangler and arc anGel keeps frizzies away for me. Jessicurl is cheaper than Deva but the bottles are smaller (unless you order a liter) try ordering samples from Jessicurl.com and try them out. They both jaw YouTube channels so you might wanna check them out. Devacurl on facebook has before and after pics. I'm sold on Deva though.
Ace is the name! Only 12 but already hair(&product) obsessed.
3a curls | filipino | very dark brunette
every 2-3 days - SM C&S lowpoo
co-wash - DC OC; SM RSB; TresNaturals Moist.; Vo5 S&C
styling - B&B CCC; CURLS GoddessC; DC ArcAG

drying - (I always scrunch with towel) air dry; microfiber or 100% cotton towel; bowl diffuser (sometimes pixiecurl)
DT once a month - SM DTM
CG since Nov.2010
Thanks Ace! Whenever my hair dries, I will post up some pictures so that you may see what my hair actually looks like when dried. It might help out a bit.
Alright!
Ace is the name! Only 12 but already hair(&product) obsessed.
3a curls | filipino | very dark brunette
every 2-3 days - SM C&S lowpoo
co-wash - DC OC; SM RSB; TresNaturals Moist.; Vo5 S&C
styling - B&B CCC; CURLS GoddessC; DC ArcAG

DT once a month - SM DTM
CG since Nov.2010
Why narrow it down to those three?? If I had to choose one of those three, it would be the Jessicurl. It made my hair limp and lifeless after a week--so you know how I feel about the Deva products. I've wouldn't use Hair Rules because of the ingredients.

Originally Posted by kathymack
ITA, why not other choices? I guess if that's all you're considering though, then Jessicurl.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
Right now, I am just testing so I really don't want any bulk amount of products.
I assume you are looking for a good co-wash product, since you are going no-poo? I have to tell you that my favorite is Tresemme Naturals- I can get it on the ground, it really helps detangle and moisturize my hair, it's inexpensive, and it sets my hair up well for the next round of styling products I choose to use.
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, As I Am Curling Gelly,
Sealant- Castor, sweet almond oil,Hairveda Vegetal soya oil KBB hair cream
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!

Hair Rules isn't CG (I don't believe - Id check that though)

Deva products are particularly expensive (well they are for me here) and not many people see to have a lot of luck with them

Jessicurl is very popular - I'd go for that - but of course its all trial and error - your hair may reacting badly to it, but you won't know until you try - its definitely worth getting a few sample bottles.

I wouldn't limit yourself either - there are loads of cheaper products you can get on the high street - particularly when you are just starting out. Suave conditioner/Tresemme are two popular conditioners for co-washing I believe. Many use cheaper gels such as LA Sports.

Without knowing much about your hair dry/coarse/fine/porous etc I would also suggest:

Kinky Curly
Curl Junkie
Spiral Solutions

These seem to be particularly popular at the moment and are good quality products

Also - go for samples right now (unless cheap high street product) - some brands have them, the swap board is a good start or Kathymack on here does a lot of samples you can buy of her and great prices

Good luck