CJ Daily Fix

Been using this about once a week. I feel like I just need a "cleanse" now and then and all I do is cowash and RO with suave, unless I want something heavier, then I do Smoothing Condish. But can DF be drying?

What do you guys think of it?

And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!
I liked it this past summer, but now it just turns my hair into a flat, overly-soft, limp mess. It's definitely not drying for me.
2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
There is a well established thread on DF (under the search function).

Check it out

Curl Junkie Daily Fix is the BOMB!!!
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
i use it 4, 5 times a week and it never dried my hair out, is very conditioning.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
I'll check out the other thread; thanks.

How are you guys using it? Do you use it with a RO or alone and then do a LI?

And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!

I need shampoo, so I am going to order Curl Junkie shampoo as soon as I can afford it, but I will laugh very hard if my hair loves the shampoo better than the cream cleanser. Of course I'll be very pleased!
If I put it in a second time to get it to "lather" since I feel like I need to use it twice, then I feel dry, if I were to put it in just once I guess it would be okay. Then again my hair is chemically treated.

You use the Daily Fix 4 or 5 times?

I was warned by Marsha not to use it more than once a week or I could get over conditioned. Though I have found I am needing/wanting to use it more and more lol. I've been trying to hold of but so far co-washing doesn't makes me feel clean and shampoo is just horrible on my hair

The hard water here means I suffer from build up very easily!
My hair gets matted and ratty after 2 days, I'm lucky if i can do something on day 3. Are we supposed to just condition instead of cleansing? I like to start fresh.
I wet and condition my hair every day, but I only cleanse my hair 1/2 times a week.

Originally Posted by kat180

I typically use this 3-4 times weekly, and I wash every day, and have never had a problem. I am also high porosity though, that may have something to do with it. But, that's like the Repair Me! she says not to use often. I've used that as a leave in, a RO, and a deep treatment in a ten day period and never had anything but amazing results with it- guess I'm in the minority, but I'd say do what works for you.
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

nm
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.

Last edited by Ruslan1; 03-29-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Originally Posted by aislin
Well I haven't over conditioned yet

I might start a thread on cleansing conditioner so everyone can write their experiences and compare them all.
nm
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.

Last edited by Ruslan1; 03-29-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Originally Posted by aislin
Well I haven't over conditioned yet

FANTASTIC idea!
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Can anyone say how Daily Fix compares to Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream? I'm thinking of switching to Jessicurl b/c Daily Fix makes my hair too dry and flat. It's too heavy for my hair. I'm wondering if Jessicurl would be better for me.
Originally Posted by Fairewood
Jessicurl was the second line I tried, after Deva. At that point, I was still shampooing every three days. I used the JC HCC, along with the other products in the rich line. It made my hair limp and lifeless in a week. After that, I stopped using it. (I probably used the HCC twice. It was a few years ago, so I don't remember all the details.)

I use CJ Daily Fix every two to three weeks for it's chelating properties. I take it with me to the salon when I get my haircut/highlight every six weeks--and have them use it when they wet/wash my hair. I've never had an issue with it, if I've had a "need" to use it more frequently.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC
Originally Posted by Fairewood
I felt like there was too much glycerin in the Jessicurl HCC. I had to clarify often because of it. I did like it though and I will go back to it this summer because I have a huge liter bottle of it.

With DF I'm having no issues in that department. It doesn't weigh me down but I've been pairing lighter conditioners with it.

I use the DF 4-5 times a week and low poo in between for a fresh start.
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
I've only been using DF maybe once a week if that -

But what would be drying about it?

And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!
I have found that CJDF tangles my hair, but I have very porous hair. I prefer Blended Beauty cleansing conditioner. It leaves my hair feeling like silk... but it is way too expensive.
Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.