3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.

Last edited by Ruslan1; 03-29-2011 at 11:57 AM.
I find HETT kind of sticky which for me equals frizz... It works best on wet wet hair because that decreases the stickiness. Also, if I rake it through, it's awful. So really scrunching into soggy hair is the only way to go for me. (BTW had to rewash this morning because of it too.... )

I don't have a ton of experience with gels because I have always preferred mousse but I do think some drugstore gels are better/good. I just recently tried an Aussie low hold gel, the consistency is really different from HETT. Don't give up on them so fast. Anyway at 2-3$ a pop, it's not too expensive of an experiment!
Agreed. I'm not a fan of HETT gel either. HESMU is much, much better IMO. I alternate it with BRHG.
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.

Last edited by Ruslan1; 03-29-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Originally Posted by Lucky Charm
I couldn't find HESMU in the two stores that I went to, but I'm too traumatized to try HE again anyway. CJ Curl Queen came to my rescue after the HETT catastrophe this morning, which is saying a lot b/c I've been struggling with CJ CQ.
Originally Posted by Fairewood
I love how CJ can save the day more often than not
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
I am IN LOVE with Alba Strong Hold Gel. It mixes with everything I use and is not expensive. If you have a Whole Foods near it is $7-ish. If you order it online (luckyvitamin or vitacost) it is just $5-ish a tube (but you have shipping).

Turns my waves into curls and scrunches out to non-wet looking, shiny hair!
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity

CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler,CJRM
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.

Last edited by Ruslan1; 03-29-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Turns my waves into curls and scrunches out to non-wet looking, shiny hair!
Originally Posted by justajesuschick
Thanks, but I might have trouble with the vegetable gylcerin being so high on the list. I struggle with gylcerin.
Originally Posted by Fairewood
I do as well but this one does not bother for some reason!
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity

CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler,CJRM
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.

Last edited by Ruslan1; 03-29-2011 at 11:56 AM.
I tried the Alba gel and my hair hated it. I felt like it did to my hair what the HE gel did to yours.
Sally's Biotera gel is liquidy and has a medium hold. I can only use it in the summer for whatever reason. At this time of year I need a stronger hold gel. I'm using Aussie Instant Freeze gel, which is really "gloppy" and sticky, but it scrunches into wet hair perfectly IMO and when SOTC its great.
But it's not liquidy at all so I'm not recommending it.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
I second the Biotera gel like Auntiebubbs said! Seems to be the only gel that works for me. I tried a sample of the Alba gel once and ended up with a ton of frizz like I did from Giovanni la gel. I don't think my hair likes wheat protein or too much aloe high up in the ingredients. I really wish one of the natural styling products would work for me though.
Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
Wash-Giovanni 3-in1 tropical, Everyday shea vanilla mint, Desert essence italian red grape & coconut
Cond.- Yes to Carrots, Tresemme Nat., Desert essence italian red grape
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.
I felt like HETT did nothing for my hair. HE SMU was sticky and gave me frizz!

The Alba gel is a little sticky as well but didn't give me frizz. I'm considering ordering it since I just have a small sample to play with right now!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix