CCC Lite vs. Donna Marie Curling Creme--who can compare and contrast?

I have a nearly full bottle of CCC Lite that I barely ever use. Was curious if it was worth it for me to try Donna Marie Curling Creme, or if anyone feels they are similar.

I do notice that the ingredient list for Donna Marie is a lot smaller, and my hair tends to favor the less is more club.

Originally Posted by lesliegonnacurl
Depends on what you want really for your hair. DMCC has a custard/pudding type consistency and the CCCCLite as you know has more of a run of the mill moisturizer like consistency which squirts out easily. The ingredient list has more to do with what formulations works best for you. What makes the CCCCLite unusable for you? I have mine here, and for me as a solo styler its too light for my hair. Marsha told me it wasnt made for my hair, but that I could use it as a refresher or for a quick moisture pulse. This is how I use it.

If you're looking for an all in one styler, then the DMCC maybe worth a try.
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
You really haven't given us any information to help you. You don't have your hair properties listed and you don't say what you want from the product--are you looking for moisture, definition, volume, etc.?

According to the website the CJ CCCC lite, "a lightweight curl creme that can be used on wet hair to enhance and define curls without weighing them down, and can be used on dry hair to revive 2nd day hair or kill frizzies, add moisture and shape/definition to all types of hair (2a-4a)." (It's interesting that the selection guide recommends it for looser curled, lower porosity hair.) The DM Dream Curling Creme is, "Our new flexible hold curl enhancing and styling creme. Removes frizz. Stretches and elongates your curls. Give your Twists and Twist-outs SUPREME definition, shine and hold. ABSOLUTELY no crunch, flakes, or hard hair! Great for those who do not like to use gel!"

I don't use gel, but like "jelly" products. The Dream Curling Creme is not one of my favorite DM products. Usually, products recommended to stretch curls have the opposite effect on looser curls. This product really doesn't have a lot of effect on my hair. I much prefer the Cocoa Hemp Hair Milk and the Curling Gelly. Her shampoo is the only one keep around--just in case I need a lowpoo.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC
Sorry for the lack of info. I think it was late when I posted. Also, sometimes I avoid talking about my hair type because my hair is relaxed and I sometimes get "dirty looks" or comments when I ask about curl products having relaxed hair.

I tried to put a picture on another thread but I don't know how to compress the size of my pics.

Basically, what I don't like about CCC Lite is the strong citrusy undertone, I get a headache when I use it, and I can only get first day hair out of it. So I can get nice, defined without first being crispy, quick drying hair--but then I have a headache all day and nothing to show for it the next day. I can't really use it to refresh. The texture or whatever of the product doesn't bug me, cept I guess it is kind of gluey?

So far, I mostly seem to get good second day hair out of KCCC, but have always wanted to use creams. Maybe my curl pattern just isn't strong enough to deal with a cream.

Anyway, glad to hear that you love her shampoo. Cause I will be placing an order for that and for her conditioner. I've come to accept that what I've been washing with tangles my hair absolutely too much. After the tangle I had the other morning, I gave up.

Originally Posted by lesliegonnacurl
I don't find the DM conditioner moisturizing enough for my hair. It's similar to KCKT, about which I find the same. I wet, do a rinse out and style every day, so second day hair is seldom a concern for me. My hair doesn't tangle, so I don't really need a product with "slip" for that. If you've never tried Afro Detangler?? Grow Afro Hair Long--Official Site It's a great product for that purpose.

Another line that may be of interest to you is Marie Dean Marie Dean Hair & Body Care: Marie Dean Hair & Body Care Natural Hair Care, Natural Beauty Products, Natural Skin Care Her scents can be strong, so you might want to order unscented products. She has a lot of puddings, creams, etc., that are all really great and may work for you.

I really like "jelly" products, as I said above. KCCC is not at the top of my list. It was fabulous the first time I used it, but I've since found other products I like better--even her KC Tiny Twists Moisturizing Styler. Other products you may like are UFD Curly Magic, Botanical Solutions Puree or Stretch Gelee, the DM Curling Gelly--just to name a few.

Originally Posted by kathymack

I have Tiny Twirls, and may give it another chance when it gets warmer out with some leave in underneath--I tried it all by itself in the dead of winter and I looked nice, dried fast, but was a little itchy.

I hear a lot of raves about Marie Dean, I like that she has unscented options, that may be something I try in the future if I continue to be curious about creams/puddings after I (if I do) try this Donna Marie. I much prefer to be able to pick something up at the store, so the less products I have to buy online the better. So if I don't like the Donna Marie cream, I may just take the, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach to KCCC since I can easily get it at Whole Foods.

I do hear a lot of comparisons to Donna Marie's conditioner and Knot Today (gonna make a thread on that now, thanks for the idea!). I was hoping I would find it a little more moisturizing. I have trouble finding a moisturizing non-cone conditioner that is reasonably priced and doesn't break me out (Curl Rehab was ZIT CITY). I wanted to try Beauticurls Daily Conditioner, but I'm taking a break from ordering Curl Junkie for now.

If I don't find one, it's back to Hair Rules for conditioner

If I don't find one, it's back to Hair Rules for conditioner
Originally Posted by lesliegonnacurl
Hair Rules was an absolute no go for me. Have you tried Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner, or Oyin Handmade HOney Hemp condish? I have 4a/b hair after the BC, and I find those to be really good.
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
Style- UFD, As I Am Curling Gelly,
Sealant- Castor, sweet almond oil,Hairveda Vegetal soya oil KBB hair cream
Will try any CG product at least once.
Proud to be a PJ!

I looked up Afro Detangler, and I know it sounds rude, but the website looked so bootleg that I wouldn't dare order from them, too bad, especially if the product works well

I think I looked at the ingredients for Elucence but not sure why I didn't consider them, maybe they had wheat protein or something?

Maybe I will look at Oyin thank

Just checked out the ingredients in the Honey Hemp conditioner, they look pretty cool! However I noticed that the Donna Marie condish has no water in it all, maybe it all comes down to formulation though.

Last edited by lesliegonnacurl; 02-26-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: visited Oyin's site

Originally Posted by pjjosephgiss
For me, the Elucence MBC and the Oyin HH are VERY similar to the KCKT and the DM LI/Detangler--not moisturizing enough for my hair. If you only want/need a detangler, then they're fine. My hair doesn't tangle, so I want products that provide moisture and define my curls--in other words, act as a leave in or curl enhancer.

Maybe I will look at Oyin thank

Originally Posted by lesliegonnacurl
I ordered Afro Detangler four or five times. They were originally really slow to ship product, but then started to have it manufactured and service really improved. If you do a search, you can find a lot of threads about it. It used to be a VERY popular product.

I notice that you like some Sevi products I wish they would list their ingredients.
Originally Posted by lesliegonnacurl
Her conditioners are the BEST! There's an ingredients page on the website: Eco Sevi :: Eco Vegan Bodycare, Vegan Cosmetics, Vegan Skincare, Vegan Mineral Makeup and Tools, Artisan Natural Perfumes, Vegan Cruelty Free Hair, Skin and Body Products

If you're impatient, you don't want to order her products. They take forever to come--usually over a month (I think my last order was at least five weeks.) They are well worth the wait.

Originally Posted by kathymack
I could never wait that long I wonder if everything she has takes that long. I like the stuff she has for doggie paws.

Originally Posted by lesliegonnacurl
These last two winters in the Mid Atlantic states have effected her a lot. She also uses "special" EOs she gets from Europe, which can delay things. She reformulated the Sea Buckthorn Berry Conditioner last year (along with a lot of other products.) It was supposed to me out in November, 2009, and didn't come out until March, 2010. From reading her blog, I suspect most things do take a while--but not five weeks. Some things are worth the wait. These are. I just make sure I order with enough time--and get a lot.