CJ Aloe Fix vs. Aloe Fix Lite

Hi, all! It has been a while since I have been on the boards, so I am playing catch-up and wanting to order some staple items and maybe some new items. So, my question is does Aloe Fix Lite pull out curls like Aloe Fix Gel does? How is the hold with AF Lite? I get decent hold with the AF, but it pulled my curls out a lot .

Also, any new (witin the last 9 months or so), fantastic must-haves that I need to try? My faves are listed in my signature.

Thank you, in advace, for your help! I've missed you all, my fellow curlies!!!
Vanessa
CG since 9/2007
www.DixonJewelryAndMore.etsy.com

medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, CHS Tweek

Thank you, in advace, for your help! I've missed you all, my fellow curlies!!!
Originally Posted by sessac81
I never had issues with AFG pulling out curls, but I'm highly textured. I have tried both and I think that the 2 main differences are the consistency (AFL is MUCH lighter than AFG) and the oil content (AFG has like 5 oils vs AFL has one). The AFL is better for looser or less texturized curl patterns. The hold IMO is a little more in the AFL (likely due to the PVP) which again is perfect for those needing more support.

My hair loves the AFG, dislikes AFL, and adores the Curl Queen. Go figure. Your best bet IMO would be to get some samples.

I dunno how long you've been away, but IMO the best new goodies out are the CJ stuff. Most notably, the Repair Me, Curl Queen, and Smoothing Lotion for me. I've yet to try the strengthening condish or the newly formulated beauticurls LI or cleansing poo but I will when her Easter sale rolls around.

I would've also recommended you take a look at Marie Dean, but if you're sensitive to butters and oils you may not bite. Their yogurt smoothie is the tops.

Welcome back!
Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!

]
Facebook|Twitter
I found the regular Aloe Fix one of Marsha's most difficult products to use. That and the Smoothing Gellie. I really like the Aloe Fix Lite. Get beautiful, soft curls that last throughout the day with no issues. I don't use gel, and my hair doesn't need hold--so that may not be helpful for you.

One of my favorite lines (started using it last May) is Marie Dean. Of the 24 products I've used, there's only one or two that I wouldn't repurchase. At some point, I'll have to decide what I really love. Twenty + products from one line is too many--even for me!

I love AFL and hate the regular Aloe Fix. The regular didn't give me any wave enhancement. There is also some hold to the Aloe Fix lite that I don't think the regular had.
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

I have only tried AFL, but I had issues with it, and it had absolutely no hold for me. I even tried it without a LI and under a decent medium to hard hold gel, and still no luck with it. Pretty curls/enhancement and great softeness, but seriously, less than an hour later my hair was hanging nearly straight and frizzy, which I've never had with any enhancer ever. I haven't tried it again yet- I tried it shortly after Christmas, so I'm hoping that it has something to do with the weather.
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Thank you all for your input. I think I may go ahead and order it. KM doesn't usually steer me wrong Thanks again, everyone
Vanessa
CG since 9/2007
www.DixonJewelryAndMore.etsy.com

medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:

Last edited by sessac81; 02-28-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: .