Donna Marie Dream Curling Cream and UFD

Hi!

Just wanted to stop by and say I am having a decent hair day! I cowashed this am with YTCu, conditioned with AOHR condish, and used the Shea Moisture leave in condish. I then sectioned my hair, and sealed with KBB Creamilicious (shea butter, jojoba, avocado and rosehip oils, essential oils, vitamin e and carrot seed oil) and smoothed in DMDCC section by section with less than half a pump of UFDCM (seriously) on top of ea section-I had about 8 sections in all. I shook my hair and VOILa!!
The only complaint is that when I was smoothing the stylers in, it seemed to emulsify with the sealer, and cause white stuff....but most of that absorbed as my hair dried. There were a few stubborn boogers, but even they eventually went away. I have to say that I am happy with the effect DMDCC has on my hair- it gives it some weight, and now it is about 80% dry, and it is soft. There is a bit more frizz, but that may be secondary to the fact that I BC'd myself, and didn't get all the ends I should have?

ANYwho...maybe no LI next time? or no sealer?I don't wanna get these white flecks next time. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
Proud to be a PJ!

I haven't been natural in a long time, ha, but I can remember a whole bunch of horrible pink oil showing up in my 2nd grade picture!

I sometimes wonder if less is more. Maybe that many products at a time is necessary for some people, but maybe next time just try the curl cream with a little leave in?

I read a lot of people's combinations, and I wonder how they can see how each product works when there are so many in their hair. I think in order to know how a product behaves you should try just that, or that with one other thing.

I usually just try to put leave in (usually don't when I try curl cream), and gel.
Girl you used wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much stuff!!!

Personally I only like using the AOHR after using a shampoo, not cowashing because that is a special conditioner that gets weird on top of other stuff. If you have any of the shea moisture conditioners try using those after cowashing.

Two....try using the donna marie alone to see how it works on your hair. Or if you arent ready for that try using it alone on a section in the back to see how it works on your hair. Then if you hate it experiment with other stuff.

Plus you're using so much stuff you cant tell what's working and what isnt.

I learned this the hard way lol and my friend kept telling me about it. I found out that tons of stuff I had I could use alone, or I experiment on different parts of my hair and was able to tell what worked and what didnt once my hair was dry.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
Thanks for the replies, ladies! Empressri, and Lesliegonnacurl, I am a true PJ I guess! I get a bit crazy with products....I am afraid to go without a gel since the BC- I haven't seen this natural hair in over 40 years...and it needs something to keep it under control. Next time just curl cream and gel? My hair (now fully dry) looks ok, and uuhhuumm....does feel a bit producty...(DUH!) but I will see what second day hair does and redo my experiment. What about sealing? I HATE sealing. It never works well for me, and I tend to get curdles. Maybe havent found the right one yet. But...scout's honor...next time, just two prods....after the cowash. Thanks again, ladies!
Proud to be a PJ!

Maybe you should use real shampoo (non sulfate if you choose) before your next experiments to make sure that you are stating with a clean slate.
I will do that. I have a shea moisture shampoo that I will use. Gracias!